West Knights [wK] - Legends of the Omniverse

Users who are viewing this thread

Being a leader is a thankless job.  You can give your 300% and still have people saying that you are not doing enough.  There will be people who will say they can do better.  There will be those who will criticize your every action.  Rarely will someone reach out a hand to help share this burden. 

Long ago I had to suffer the weight of being a leader.  The constant slings and arrows from those who thought my 300% wasn't enough or that I handled the problem in the wrong way.  It wasn't until I left that role did I want to change who I was into someone better.  Someone who would all ways be willing to give a helping hand.  Being patient with even the most difficult of people.  To listen to both sides and try to resolve the conflict in a fair manner.  I didn't want to be one of those who was behind the arrows and slings of anger, jealousy, and conflict.  This past week, I have failed to hold my self to my personal standard. 

I do not blame the actions taken by the leader.  I was not content with the direction of the clan and instead of calmly talking it over with him, or making helpful suggestions, I made snide remarks and was very insulting.  For this I apologize.

Since day one, I have always looked up to this person.  Sure he had a cocky outlook, but his drive and ambition was inspiring.  I have known him at his happiest and darkest moments.  His greatest triumphs in game, and many defeats.  While I may not see things on the same level as him and wish I had half as good of a ping as him, he will always have my respect.

West Knight's Calamity (aka Presence) is a this person. ​

"He's got a rough job.  We've done some great things as a team over the last 3 years.  For him to take over leadership, take over calling the competitive matches, it's a lot to take on." ~ wK_Wily

Since joining wK over 3.7 years ago, yes 3+ years, I have come to love the clan and the many people that have come and gone.  The insightful conversations, the jokes, the constant insulting of Cal's Mom.  I miss the days of being a shield buddy to our archers, wK seige nights, getting to know the members of wK.  I will miss those fun times.  I am now banned from wK.

I will not seek re-entry to this clan.  Thank you for the good memories.

SAvA_Taba said:
I was not content with the direction of the clan and instead of calmly talking it over with him, or making helpful suggestions, I made snide remarks and was very insulting.

Well, that sounds awfully similar to what I did, and I'm still welcome to come hang out in mumble. The best thing about wK, in my opinion, is that they've got their priorities straight. The people are more important to the clan than the games they play. I didn't understand that when I left, and I wish I did. It's the reason I'm still (more or less) welcome in the mumble and still welcome to play with them.

It says a lot about the clan and the people in it when they don't hold a grudge against people like me for pulling some of the stunts I did. I can't imagine them holding one against you for any reason, either, Sava.

On a lighter note.. we scrimmed ourselves + friends last night because nobody else wanted to.

Message Me / Cradoc / Gelden / anyone for a scrim this week. Preferably Tuesday night.

CalamityuP said:
On a lighter note.. we scrimmed ourselves + friends last night because nobody else wanted to.

Message Me / Cradoc / Gelden / anyone for a scrim this week. Preferably Tuesday night.
Had to pick that particular set, eh Cal? :wink:

I think it's more impressive to note that this is Calamity as an archer with Achilles as an archer on the same team.  :shock: The kill steal is strong with this one I see.

Back
Top Bottom