[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: In Soviet Russia - Herbalist wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulle said:
Whoopin said:
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham
Truly a lurker vote to add pressure to make John post, but since the replacement I havent seen anyone hunt this player and seems like I wont be able to come up with anything to convince others that we should lynch her. Too bad Adaham is absent, Werewolf without the Ace is less fun.
It's because I am prettier than John.

Anyway, what is the deelio with you basically almost always only vote or suspect people that either votes or suspect you first? What's the deeliiioooo, Whoopin? You are acting like Hojo, but Hojo is a n00b.
I first had Eternal suspected in my top five, then I called him suspicious for unvoting without placing another vote, then he decided to vote for me. The first person to OMGUS is debatable since it doesnt take a vote to OMGUS and my opinion it was him. After I reviewed his intentions I placed my vote on him. Countervoting isnt OMGUS, I said before even that the only problem with OMGUSin is when you dont have more evidence. You only do it cause youre not happy with them.

He was my only other vote and I clearly stated why I chose AWdeV in my previous post because I wasnt gonna keep a split vote (neither should anyone else at this point) and every other person has a weak case.

No, that's not what happened. I do try to keep up with the thread but I'm simply having a hard time making coherent responses, so I postpone them.

If I misinterpreted the part about Bulle, then I apologise. But the way you said it made it look as if you wanted to lynch Bulle but you didn't know how to explain that. So I asked why.

Whoopin said:
I first had Eternal suspected in my top five, then I called him suspicious for unvoting without placing another vote, then he decided to vote for me. The first person to OMGUS is debatable since it doesnt take a vote to OMGUS and my opinion it was him. After I reviewed his intentions I placed my vote on him. Countervoting isnt OMGUS, I said before even that the only problem with OMGUSin is when you dont have more evidence. You only do it cause youre not happy with them.
What a **** move, and what a try to slander me. I had a post on you before you even made a reference on me. There's no way in hell that could be considered an OMGUS by any definition. Adaham made his suspicions of you known, and I came right after. After your response to my post(which was villainy) I voted you. I don't vote first thing when the case on someone is fresh, and neither should anyone else. I didn't have much material on you then, and only after your poor response did I choose to throw down the lynch vote.

This is awful. It's a-ok for you to 'countervote'(a term I'm actually not disputing) but awful for me to not place a vote down page 3. It's a joke. You voting me after I vote you is only a 'counter vote' but me voting you when you just have a suspicion of me makes me not only OMGUS but also a scum.

I'll make a substantial post later, a lot of it towards Facemelter as well as outlining my suspicions. I again apologize, life is very hectic for me right now.

Nah, Whoopin, it really looked like you were OMGUSing against all of those who were critizing you. But don't you worry, babydarling! I actually don't think you are a baddie. For now. I don't completely agree with Ethernal at the moment (but that's maybe because you successfully changed his rhetorics into jibberish). You whoooopiiiinned him! Now here is the shizzle: I can't be sure at this moment if Whoopin is just being Whoopin or if he is being bad or both or anything.

BUUUUT. In some ways I see what you saw in HOJO earlier. Because HOJO was totally OMGUSing before Whoopin did it and basically just... had no opinions at all, but seemed scared of defending himself before anyone else attacked Whoopin. Not only was he OMGUSing, he was being very, very emotional about it. Using stuff like ****. He was really the one that made me realise that maybe Whoopin isn't bad by asking others the question "Is this how the great Whoopin plays, or is this how he deals with his new found villainy?". GOOD QUESTION!!!

But then at least he is not using as many excuses for himself as Quail. Quail, why didn't you just post those suspicions you had about me (John)?

Anyway, for now...

Vote: Hojo

(I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear, I had a couple of beers and some cider and this really funny drink with some liqour and coffee and cream and like vanilla ice cream, I don't really remember the name but it was really tasty and it had a nice glass and two straws and it was like awesome.)

BTW, why is it that only Whoopin has answered my questions? I totally feel like left out. I am here too. Finally.

:lol:

Reading that post made me smile. Don't get too drunk now, though.  :razz:

PS I am working on an LoS at the moment. Kinda sporadically between bouts of procrastination. But I will get it done. Whether I get it done tonight or tomorrow.

I gave the last beers AWAY. You don't have to worry about meee! I think the name of that drink was like frappuccino or something. But that's not what I was going to say, but it was something else that I wanted to post before but now I forgot about it again. I'll be like sober in one hour or so, but I totally read up on all of the pages now so I know what I am doing.

Eternal said:
Whoopin said:
What a **** move, and what a try to slander me. I had a post on you before you even made a reference on me. There's no way in hell that could be considered an OMGUS by any definition. Adaham made his suspicions of you known, and I came right after. After your response to my post(which was villainy) I voted you. I don't vote first thing when the case on someone is fresh, and neither should anyone else. I didn't have much material on you then, and only after your poor response did I choose to throw down the lynch vote.

This is awful. It's a-ok for you to 'countervote'(a term I'm actually not disputing) but awful for me to not place a vote down page 3. It's a joke. You voting me after I vote you is only a 'counter vote' but me voting you when you just have a suspicion of me makes me not only OMGUS but also a scum.

I'll make a substantial post later, a lot of it towards Facemelter as well as outlining my suspicions. I again apologize, life is very hectic for me right now.
Try? You did it yourself and you made yourself seem less credible again by playing "pin the pubes on the ****". Were playing werewolf here and its obivous you get all bent outta shape and irrational. Your 1000 words are nothing but a tunnel vision vendetta trying to prove to something to everyone and refusing to see the whole picture. Your vote couldnt be considered a countervote since I didnt have a vote on you at the time. I know I pissed you off with the unvote comment and lo and behold you vote me. You did it yourself and youre still not paying attention.

Whoopin said:
So in short, none of it is really anything except Calodine because he happens to share your suspicion of AWdeV? Besides that, in the post of Calodine's you link he specifically says he wants Eternal dead as well, but that you did not mention even though you mention AWdeV is, too, against Eternal. If it's a post aimed at AW it's quality scumhunting, if it's an 'antiWhoopin' post then it's wolves attacking you? Is that it? Because that is how it looks, to be honest.  :???:

In fact this entire page seems like a "Whoopinbeing-awkward" page. Especially since you linked to your own sadly lacking logic of why Eternal unvoted. You said
Whoopin said:
What I think is more wolfy are those that unvote without placing another vote... like Hojo and you just did. Why bother unvoting until you have another suspect?
... what? Come now how is it Wolfy to unvote the joke-vote at the start. How is it wolfy to unvote AT ALL?
Removing a vote means that you're no longer as suspicious as you were at first. Seeing as the removed vote was made without suspicion at all there was no reason for him to even let the vote hang. You say he should have left the vote until he could place it on another. I ask; why? What's to gain from leaving a vote hanging which is not even truly supported by the person who made it? This way he made sure it didn't come up in an early vote count and as such it could not distort possible wolf-hunting dialog; it can after all be easier, depending on the player, to discuss something if the partner in the discussion does not seem to go after them. (Mind you, I don't think Ham would be bothered all that much about a vote.)
Especially if it's an empty vote. Votes, perhaps mainly empty ones, generate a will to respond to; if someone feels a vote on them is off-kilter they will do something about it. Therefore, anyone anticipating that (as Eternal might easily have) can remove the vote themselves if they don't think it's productive. Yet you use an unvote as an argument?

Wait up, rewind.
Magorian Aximand said:
Facemelter was not saying that you might be a baddu because your playstyle is the same as in other games, he's saying YOU can't use that as a defence because no-one knows if your bad style is different. To clarify;

• FM said: You play like you do when you are A. This does not mean you are not B. Therefore you can not use your A-style as an argument for not being B.

• You took it as FM saying that you might be B because you play like A.
Therefore; I see the misunderstanding as being on your part. What I think FM meant is; you playing as innocent does not preclude you from being a baddy.

In fact, that's kinda the point of the game. The baddies have to try to seem innocent.
Then again, you are smart.  You being smart means you probably understood what FM meant. But from what I'm seeing you take it to mean something else. Therefore;
1.) This suggests more than a little that you are throwing a smokescreen at Facemelter; playing obtuse. Or
2.)  you didn't read FM's argument entirely properly because you don't think he's smart enough to uncover that. Which would be highly disappointing. I consider this one very unlikely as you're too nice for that. And know FM is smart too. Either these or
3.) You didn't quite catch what FM was meaning/interpreted it differently. This is most likely but imo not very much more likely than option one.

Therefore, I'm keeping it in mind that you might have wanted to distract Facemelter or divert his attention.

Does this mean I think FM was on the right track and that you are therefore a baddy and, thus, Facemelter is a good guy/different type of bad guy/your packy trying to, in concert with yourself, obfuscate the play; no, it does not mean any of those things.

What this post does mean however is that both Whooping and Magorian have risen slightly in my intercranial list of baddies. If only because I smell a whiff of bull****. I wonder if there's such a thing as Werebulls. And on whose side they are.

FrisianDude said:
Whoopin said:
So in short, none of it is really anything except Calodine because he happens to share your suspicion of AWdeV? Besides that, in the post of Calodine's you link he specifically says he wants Eternal dead as well, but that you did not mention even though you mention AWdeV is, too, against Eternal. If it's a post aimed at AW it's quality scumhunting, if it's an 'antiWhoopin' post then it's wolves attacking you? Is that it? Because that is how it looks, to be honest.  :???:

In fact this entire page seems like a "Whoopinbeing-awkward" page. Especially since you linked to your own sadly lacking logic of why Eternal unvoted. You said
Whoopin said:
What I think is more wolfy are those that unvote without placing another vote... like Hojo and you just did. Why bother unvoting until you have another suspect?
... what? Come now how is it Wolfy to unvote the joke-vote at the start. How is it wolfy to unvote AT ALL?
Removing a vote means that you're no longer as suspicious as you were at first. Seeing as the removed vote was made without suspicion at all there was no reason for him to even let the vote hang. You say he should have left the vote until he could place it on another. I ask; why? What's to gain from leaving a vote hanging which is not even truly supported by the person who made it? This way he made sure it didn't come up in an early vote count and as such it could not distort possible wolf-hunting dialog; it can after all be easier, depending on the player, to discuss something if the partner in the discussion does not seem to go after them. (Mind you, I don't think Ham would be bothered all that much about a vote.)
Especially if it's an empty vote. Votes, perhaps mainly empty ones, generate a will to respond to; if someone feels a vote on them is off-kilter they will do something about it. Therefore, anyone anticipating that (as Eternal might easily have) can remove the vote themselves if they don't think it's productive. Yet you use an unvote as an argument?
It also contained:
Eternal said:
Might as well also:
Unvote
Might as well also because why? Even if it was a joke vote... the action to unvote is because he doesnt want create anymore discussion, doesnt want to be liable for that decision, and completely defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place. Maybe its just my playstyle, because I never unvote without voting another suspect. I found it suspicious because he had no reason to unvote without having another vote to place - simple as that. Then I called him on it and sure enough he votes me.

How can my post be awkward? I clearly defined the current votes being placed and described my opinions on the cases. We currently have a broken game with all the replacements and inactives so it was a great idea. When you look at the reasons why they are there, the only good suspicion is the one Calodine was rolling with. I thought it was a good catch regardless if AWdeV suspects me. It was quality wolf-hunting... especially compared to the other cases we currently have votes on.

Since we only have less than 48 hours left, I know its best to stop splitting the vote (unlike how Bulle just did) if we want a lynch - just like we did in Kronics game.

Whoopin said:
It also contained:
Eternal said:
Might as well also:
Unvote
Might as well also because why?
Because he no longer thought it was necessary.
Whoopin said:
  Even if it was a joke vote... the action to unvote is because he doesnt want create anymore discussion, doesnt want to be liable for that decision, and completely defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place. Maybe its just my playstyle, because I never unvote without voting another suspect. 
You don't; he does. Yep, playstyle differences. :smile:
Whoopin said:
I found it suspicious because he had no reason to unvote without having another vote to place - simple as that. Then I called him on it and sure enough he votes me.
Him voting on you because you called him out on something is indeed unreasonable unless the person voting thinks the calling out is unreasonable. To him unvoting was not really a point at all and apparently it seemed suspicious to him that you bring such a minor point to bear; as if you're just looking for something.
Whoopin said:
How can my post be awkward? I clearly defined the current votes being placed and described my opinions on the cases. We currently have a broken game with all the replacements and inactives so it was a great idea. When you look at the reasons why they are there, the only good suspicion is the one Calodine was rolling with. I thought it was a good catch regardless if AWdeV suspects me. It was quality wolf-hunting... especially compared to the other cases we currently have votes on.
You're right; I should not have called it awkward. Posting your opinions is indeed a great idea. What I disagree with however is saying that the only good suspicion is the one you agree with as that implies people can't make a decent case on you. But seeing as there's four votes on you already I can't help but think it must be a decent case as it does convince others. Unless all four votes on you are packies?
Whoopin said:
Since we only have less than 48 hours left, I know its best to stop splitting the vote (unlike how Bulle just did) if we want a lynch - just like we did in Kronics game.
Best chance to get a lynch is ... on you. I'd hate for that to be the only reason for someone to die, but this last bit of your post suggests little room for alternative.

FrisianDude said:
You're right; I should not have called it awkward. Posting your opinions is indeed a great idea. What I disagree with however is saying that the only good suspicion is the one you agree with as that implies people can't make a decent case on you. But seeing as there's four votes on you already I can't help but think it must be a decent case as it does convince others. Unless all four votes on you are packies?
Whoopin said:
Best chance to get a lynch is ... on you. I'd hate for that to be the only reason for someone to die, but this last bit of your post suggests little room for alternative.
This is the problem with replacements, you havent been here the whole time to comprehend the big picture. The train on me is whack and many players have already said so. Currently the votes on me are a parked vote from Greatsword, an Eternal vendetta of proving hes right, a Hojo emotional, and a AWdeV EZAntiWhoopin.

I described all the current votes and gave my reasons for my vote on AWdeV cause I cannot vote for myself and the other suspects have traded out or have weaker cases than Calodines.

Best chance to get a lynch is on me only because I have 4 votes, but we need to make sure its a good lynch not just pickin an active player that always gets heat for simply participating and sharing ideas. I still think we shouldnt no lynch and making it clear where I stand and want everyone else to do the same. You even mentioned who you think is suspicious and you mention me and Magorian. Did you consider the idea Calodine posted and the one I agreed with? Why would AWdeV vote for me and not Eternal?

Calodine said:
No matter what way I look at this, I find find ANY reason for you to be voting for him instead of Eternal other than you being really bad...And you're not, I know that much.

AWdeV said:
Because I don't think it's that simple. I believe Eternal is making an honest scum-hunting effort and that it merely looks iffy. I simply think he's being overwhooped by Whelmin.

In different games I've palyed I've been in very much the same position, going up against Adaham and whoever. Despite me being innocent I looked like scum.

Whoopin seems to be deliberately going for this effect and combine that with his other stuff makes him look like scum to me.
Because you're hiding half the picture and 'forgot' to post AWdeV's reply.

(Semi)LoS time, guys. Got distracted by Skype...

Vieira - This guy has been ****. Completely useless, iom.

Bgfan - His play hasn't been inspiring. WHile he was active, he was poor and he hasn't been much better while inactive... I can't even remember the last time he made a proper post. I know I shouldn't be going on about lack of activity, but I dislike it, in myself and in others. I would lynch him, but I feel that we would gain very little from it. I kinda think his play has been typical-though-slightly-less-active Bg.

Magorian - Hasn't been the most active (not that I can comment on such things), though while he has been active he hasn't been that great. Started off mainly defensively, and got into a debate with Facemelter (and after a brief spell of inactivity, he came back to another one). Those debates didn't really move me to either side (for either of them) of the scale. I felt the topic(s) were dragged on, and were fairly insignificant. The latter brought a few contradictions from Facey, though it was hard for me to follow the entire things without getting confused due to some misunderstandings and topic changes. Mag is sitting in the middle for me right now, and I would like if he were to become more active besides his back-and-forths with Facemelter.

Also, I'd like to point out that while he has never started as a baddie, he has been converted before. So while it is not exactly the same, I'm fairly sure he has a decent understanding on how to play on the bad side of the fence.

Adaham - Kinda in the same boat as Mag, though he has been less active. I hope he gets better soonish, as he can be a great help (or a great hindrance, depending on his alignment) to the village.

Moss - I was a little critical of Estonian early on, but it was really fruitless. I didn't really like the way he was playing (can't remember why) but it seemed like the way he always played, though I can't remember if he was ever a baddie. Was tempted to let him survive Day 1 to see how he'd play on Day 1. Ironically, he hasn't. I am awaiting some contributions of Moss to to read.

Greatsword - He started off well for a new guy. Has slowly drifted off and has turned into an infrequent poster. I liked how he started though he contradicting himself when he spoke of signs of buddying up. I await his post, to see what he can say. I'm neither entirely sure of his suspiciousness nor his innocence.

Bulle - Bulle hasn't been in for very long, but she has posted enough to remind me what I found fun about her style. Short, snappy and to the point. I also found it annoying when she confronted myself, but that hasn't happened yet. She has brought a few interesting, though not exactly original, ideas to the table. John had me annoyed but Bulle looks promising so far.

I'll try get more down tomorrow/monday.

Re:Anger issues: I find it funny how I've been called out many times on 'freaking out' or getting mad. I honestly don't. :razz: I don't get very emotional with Werewolf, except perhaps at the end of the day before the alignment of the lynched is announced. Being sort of... intimidating, arrogant sort of thing is just my playstyle, and I've played that way in every game that I've been innocent. I still maintain rationality when I post unless I'm particularly tired or stressed. I do my thing, it's just how I play.

Calo/Bulle
: Some recent thoughts before I start digging back into the thread, I'm liking Calodine and not liking Bulle. Bulle, if sober, would be the perfect way of a wolf to distance from the packmate. It's an 'eh.... whoopin is suspicious.. but not THAT suspicious.. I don't want vote..' sort of thing. A packmate will want their packmate to survive, obviously, but without incriminating themselves if their packmate dies. Bulle shows the perfect way to do this. There is still that sense of, "I'd rather not vote him.." which undermines the wagon but at the same time showing allegiance if Whoopin does end up dead. Calodine, on the other hand, is pretty damn blunt about supporting Whoopin. It's not typical wolf behavior, and I trust that Calodine is simply an innocent that disagrees with me. I still don't like the way he defends Whoopin, or the way he accuses me, but taking from the overall jist of his actions, I like Calo.

Whoopin: Whoopin is being very choosy and manipulative with his words. I'm not budging from this - I am completely convinced he is a wolf. Everyone seems to look at the Page 2 debacle as the center of the argument when there is much more to it. Secondly, a Whoopin lynch will give us a lot of information regarding his supporters and his opponents. A lynch is best and we have limited time. I'm not sure how much of a chance we have of getting anyone else, and it seems the only other person people would consider lynching is AW, and that's a risky prospect, with a lot less information gleaned from it. I don't like telling people 'lynch x for info!' as it's a bad thing to live by, especially considering there are only a handful that agree with my points(though I'm not sure how many actually read my posts), but that is the best course of action at this point.

MAG/FACE: The Mag/Face argument seemed to be pointless as hell. A big part of it was based on semantics. I really don't like Magorian's play in this game. We're not getting anything decisive, anything good. It almost seems to be wasting time. Face has been productive and good this whole game and that much makes me happy. I'd say he's one of our best players.

Fris/AW: I like the points Frisian is making, and I agree with many of them, but it's very, very hard for me to render judgment on allegiance from them. Same with AWdeV. Most of AWdeV seems to be coming from 'the heart' and has a personal touch, but that could very well be manipulative. Though my gut is saying they're both innocent, it's very tough for my logic-functioning brain to comprehend anything from them.

Not as long as I would've liked, but it's late.

Eternal said:
Fris/AW: I like the points Frisian is making, and I agree with many of them, but it's very, very hard for me to render judgment on allegiance from them. Same with AWdeV. Most of AWdeV seems to be coming from 'the heart' and has a personal touch, but that could very well be manipulative. Though my gut is saying they're both innocent, it's very tough for my logic-functioning brain to comprehend anything from them.
Just remembered they are twins... makes sense now why FrisianDude decides to spend time on my posts instead of everyone else. Guess my suggestion "Did you consider the idea Calodine posted and the one I agreed with? Why would AWdeV vote for me and not Eternal?" fell on deaf ears.

Eternal said:
AWdeV said:
Because I don't think it's that simple. I believe Eternal is making an honest scum-hunting effort and that it merely looks iffy. I simply think he's being overwhooped by Whelmin.

In different games I've palyed I've been in very much the same position, going up against Adaham and whoever. Despite me being innocent I looked like scum.

Whoopin seems to be deliberately going for this effect and combine that with his other stuff makes him look like scum to me.
Because you're hiding half the picture and 'forgot' to post AWdeV's reply.
Not hiding anything, its all in the link that also shows AWdeV go AFK while Calodine was pursuing the idea. That reasoning is flawed because its exactly what youve been doing to me - its ironic you decided to highlight that. By the way, you are not intimidating anyone while wearing your blinders and trying to prove youre right... you label it arrogance but its simply overconfidence. Youve played the same way even when youre a wolf - which you have lots of experience with (every game evil until after Twilight II Zone). You even say Im "hiding half the picture" which isnt true and then you claim Im "choosy and manipulative". Your latest post makes it very clear you dont care if Im innocent and just want me dead, at least Im trying to hunt wolves and when I find someone innocent... I dont try to get them killed.

Can we get a real suspicion from you to work with other than "Kill Whoopin!"? If I wasnt an option who would you put your vote on? Thats a good question Im sure all of us would like to know the answer.

A bit of out-of game;
Whoopin said:
Eternal said:
Just remembered they are twins... makes sense now why FrisianDude decides to spend time on my posts instead of everyone else. Guess my suggestion "Did you consider the idea Calodine posted and the one I agreed with? Why would AWdeV vote for me and not Eternal?" fell on deaf ears.
Okay, what the hell? How dare you so blithely assume I can not keep real world relation out of a role playing game? For the love of ****, you were supposed to be a good player but if this is how you think you can argue? Damn. Deaf ears, even? I hadn't SEEN that post yet.

You self-centered prat. Have you ever objected to Locke and Oubliette playing together in one Werewolf game? They know each other in person. Every objected to Adaham and Snoopy working together? They're brother and sister. But no, of course, only because someone is criticizing you it is obvious they are doing it to support their brother. Not because there's anything flawed with your case, no, that can't be it. Who could think such a thing.

And you were supposed to be one of the best players in this game? In that case I better ask Xardob to find a replacement for me, because clearly if you think I can't keep rl relations out of a forum game it's not worth playing with you.  Maybe you're not a bad guy in-game but you certainly are an *******.

FrisianDude said:
A bit of out-of game;
Whoopin said:
Eternal said:
Okay, what the hell? How dare you so blithely assume I can not keep real world relation out of a role playing game? For the love of ****, you were supposed to be a good player but if this is how you think you can argue? Damn. Deaf ears, even? I hadn't SEEN that post yet.

You self-centered prat. Have you ever objected to Locke and Oubliette playing together in one Werewolf game? They know each other in person. Every objected to Adaham and Snoopy working together? They're brother and sister. But no, of course, only because someone is criticizing you it is obvious they are doing it to support their brother. Not because there's anything flawed with your case, no, that can't be it. Who could think such a thing.

And you were supposed to be one of the best players in this game? In that case I better ask Xardob to find a replacement for me, because clearly if you think I can't keep rl relations out of a forum game it's not worth playing with you.  Maybe you're not a bad guy in-game but you certainly are an *******.

Xardob said:
The Golden Rule:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

So did you read the link? Could you just answer the question?

Why get so defensive about me assuming you are biased? You could easily give your opinion on the matter. Seriously, I expected a response but not you calling me an *******. There was nothing flawed with my case either... out of all the players here, only you decided to focus on the unvote idea and it was after I voted AWdeV. We are all being detectives here and I thought it was an interesting coincidence that out of all the suspicious posts you decide to focus on mine for a weak reason - even the discussion on the matter got no where. I never objected and just wanted your opinion and you still havent provided it 12 hours later. You act like me even suggesting it is absurd when logically its not especially when you two are grouped together by Eternal (Fris/AW).

Back
Top Bottom