[Werewolf: Archives] The Joker, The Jack and The Brotherhood. Innocents Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Oubliette said:
Isn't this his first game?
Oh, is it? Then I'm still keeping my vote where it is. I do recall that lurking first timers tend to be wolves, and innocent first timers tend to post with as much insight as they can. This may just be confirmation bias, though. There really ought to be Psych/Sociological research done on Werewolf dynamics.

Hidrogeno said:
Captain Kris said:
I wouldn't waste that pill on me Hidro.
Why not? Sounds like a threat.

Alternatively I'd be willing to pill Orj, to see if Gculk's and Villy's hunch is right. Oh, and I don't think Swadius' explanation of his LoS remark is particularly convincing. Page 40 is already a long-ass first day.

Alrighty I'm back.

To the point, might I ask how is my accusation of your LoS posting any less suspicious of you calling me out due to a comment?

Swadius said:
To the point, might I ask how is my accusation of your LoS posting any less suspicious of you calling me out due to a comment?
Huh? By "of" you mean "than?" It's common practice in these games to call lurkers out. However, usually the act of posting an LoS is considered not at all suspicious unless it's got some wolfish overtones.

Vilhjalmr said:
Hidrogeno said:
Oubliette said:
Isn't this his first game?
Oh, is it? Then I'm still keeping my vote where it is. I do recall that lurking first timers tend to be wolves, and innocent first timers tend to post with as much insight as they can. This may just be confirmation bias, though. There really ought to be Psych/Sociological research done on Werewolf dynamics.

I think you've hit on something.

First timers who lurk also tend to be either slightly overwhelmed or not quite sure how to go about things; it's a natural reaction to playing for the first time irrespective of their alignment. At least, I haven't witnessed a significant trend where first time lurkers were more likely to be wolves than innocents. I agree that a person playing a wolf for the first time will make that person more prone to cautious play/lurking, especially if it's their first game - just the logic doesn't necessarily follow in reverse.

Vilhjalmr said:
I would expect overwhelmed townie noobs to go totally inactive, not to do the suspicious lurking thing.

But that would be totally irresponsible, whenever I'm overwhelmed at these forum games, my playing style during the DnD session ran by Gculk is a good indicament of how I would behave when I have a very little knowledge of what's going on.
Besides, I am very certain of who the villains are. They just haven't said anything that I could go on without looking like I'm attacking them without reason.

...Then why are you so certain of their identities, if they haven't given anything away? That's a rather silly thing to say, and it sounds rather false. You should always voice your suspicions, even if they're only based on your gut feeling. (Unless, of course, you have a strong reason not to do so.)

Fairly certain anyways, I don't think wolves would tend to agree with each other the first day, being incommunicado and all that. I think it's safe to say that they probably won't be interacting very much (if at all) with each other since if one of them was caught, their past would be combed with a lice pick. They probably wouldn't have had any time to agree with each other or work out a plan on the subject of how things should look.
There's about 7 people that fit this description, 5 if you want it narrowed, though it's more or less based on posts alone. You'd think that given how much some of them post they would have mentioned each other as anything more than lightly suspicious going by flights of fancy by now.

Orj said:
...Then why are you so certain of their identities, if they haven't given anything away?

They haven't directly no.

... (Unless, of course, you have a strong reason not to do so.)

That's a rather silly thing to say, and it sounds rather false.

I'd most likely be replaced if I'd told you how I know. Plus, what in the world do you think that would have looked like if I called them out on it, when they were behaving normally (relatively speaking) that are more or less acting just as a few others? Other than becoming a  potential usurper on their number one target list, you'd think that this would have been picked up as potentially wolfish behavior because of an incessant pursuit of a certain fixed group of people.
I'm generally not exactly a good accuser either, and if you think that that's a good enough reason for me to be lynch so be it (and frankly, I'm more than a little surprised that no one voted for me after all those pictures in my LoS :lol:); unless all of you are going to volunteer to vote for who I vote, my accusations are very probably going to sound much more artificial than convincing to anyone.

Swadius said:
I'd most likely be replaced if I'd told you how I know.

The only way I can think of you could possibly "know" all the villains is if you're one yourself.

Unvote, Vote: Swadius

Wait a moment, that's a little too obvious.

****, that'll go deep into WIFOM territory if we factor in the Joker, who Swadius might be. Or he could be a wolf playing at being a Joker.

Anyone have a daykill ability, by any chance?

****, I can't be bothered with day one anymore. Too much to read, and mostly nonsense.

Unvote, Unvote Pills

Vote: Swadius
Pill: Oubliette

I guess it's true, that although wolves may be spreading ****, at least they're contributing. Even though I suspect Oub and Hidro, at least they're posting, right?

He's been joking all through the thread.

He's playing at being the Joker, I'm pretty sure. No, wait.

Gah, it's as if a wolf used a picture of a werewolf as their avatar for a game. He's done nothing but joke, almost as if he wants to be viewed as the Joker. The question is whether or not he actually is. AAAAGH!

Locke said:
Orj: I have a day-kill ability. ^ v ^

Would you kill Swadius for us, please? Pretty please? I'll go cow-sucking with you.

I wasn't reading, why would I kill Swadius? Is he rule breaking?! :evil:

Also, I'm ****in' confused. I have two pill votes recorded for you. *trawls through thread*

Edit: Yeah, your Pill vote is on Vasara. Nevermind.

Things to be concious of in this game
- There are 4 Villains, 11 Innocents, and 1 Wild Card (The Joker).
- The Villains win when they equal or outnumber everyone else (Innocents, and Wild Card).
- The Innocents win when all the Villains (not including the Joker) have been lynched.
- The Joker wins if he gets the village to lynch him, by tricking them into thinking he is a Villain, but he loses if he dies any other way.
- Classes are like watered down roles, attributes. Some of them will be more useful than others, and more or less useful, or even useless, depending on your role or alignment (alignment being 'Innocent', 'Villain', or 'Wild Card' (The Joker)). They have also been named ambiguously or inaccurately to their function so that they cannot be easily guessed.
- I'll narrate roles as the gender of the role, but that has no bearing on the gender of the person playing that role. For example, in my last game, Ativan was the Succubus, a fem

- There are 5 Innocent Specials, 4 Villains, and 1 Joker. The Villains versus the Innocents, but the Joker's success depends on neither side's success.

I can't believe I only just noticed this, but almost half of the innocents in this game are specials. Which means we obviously have far more than the usual two specials, assuming that we've got a herbalist and oracle, what the other three are capable of is up in the air. Which means that Swadius could in fact be a special and does actually know what he's talking about.

However if he was he couldn't possibly be dumb enough to claim to know the identities of the villians, because if he does know they will chow his ass down. So, I'm guessing this is an attempt to get himself hung and that he's the joker.

In which case he couldn't possibly be dumb enough to role claim, as we wouldn't hang him for being a special and the wolves will eat him during the night.

What the hell, Swadius.
What the hell. :???:

Yeah, I vote we let some one night kill him.

And if he isn't eaten during the night, he's a villain, and we'll probably lynch him immediately.

Right.

Unvote, Vote: Hidro

Except, Moss, that a special who starts out knowing the identities of all the villains would be a complete game-breaker. I can't imagine Locke would ever, ever put something like that in his game.

Back
Top Bottom