[Werewolf: Archives] The Joker, The Jack and The Brotherhood. Innocents Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Orj said:
Probing is fine. If you get too much of a rise out of someone, chances are they've got something to hide, and that's useful to know. You know that, of course.
Goddamn, I should study this when I become a Psych researcher. Maybe it's already been done (probably by the CIA), but it'd be oh-so-fun to implement this in a Werewolf game. I know that it's already assumed, but I'd like to understand the different styles of deflecting pressure.

Anyway, pressure away. I might just employ this myself, but for now I'll just be skeptical of the results. We gotta make sure that they're not hiding positive roles, like the Oracle, and not wolf/vampire/joker/whatever status. Marginalized folks can be sensitive whether or not they're on the bad side.

Right. An Oracle, for example, would have more to lose by being lynched than a normal Innocent, so they'd probably cling on harder, and try to defend themselves a little more desperately, which could easily be interpreted as wolfish behavior.

I suspected you might interpret it that way. :roll:

Hershey, it's been done before. It's hardly far-fetched.

Are you implying you are the Oracle?

It's been 'done' before?

Nobody 'does' a desperate defense. Maybe it's just a trait you've observed.

Still don't like your vocabulary.

Substitute "the act of lynching a special has" for "it's".

Hershey said:
Are you implying you are the Oracle?

No. I was responding to Hidro's post. She used the Oracle as an example, so I did.

Hidrogeno said:
Orj said:
Probing is fine. If you get too much of a rise out of someone, chances are they've got something to hide, and that's useful to know. You know that, of course.
Goddamn, I should study this when I become a Psych researcher. Maybe it's already been done (probably by the CIA), but it'd be oh-so-fun to implement this in a Werewolf game. I know that it's already assumed, but I'd like to understand the different styles of deflecting pressure.

Anyway, pressure away. I might just employ this myself, but for now I'll just be skeptical of the results. We gotta make sure that they're not hiding positive roles, like the Oracle, and not wolf/vampire/joker/whatever status. Marginalized folks can be sensitive whether or not they're on the bad side.

Even if it is an established tactic I don't think pressuring people really helps. People with experience under their belts handle pressure too well for them to slip noticeably, new players are often nervous and over-eager, leading them to overdo their defense, and react overly hostile anyway, and a lot of people react volitilely to accusations no matter what role they have (e.g, Cleaning Agent, or Gcculk).

Personally I find that looking at people who are too obviously anything doesn't work too well in a game with experienced players. Subtle tells and lurkery are more informative in my opinion.

That being said, WHAT MANNER OF LURKERY IS THIS?!
Vote: Seff
What posts you've made have been mostly short one liners so far. What say you on the current tomfoolery?

I was going to vote Swadius for the silly, nonconstructive posts, but that's not active lurking, that's just what Swadius does. :razz:

Moss said:
What posts you've made have been mostly short one liners so far. What say you on the current tomfoolery?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You beat me.

Throughout the game, Seff's done exactly what I would expect a clever villain to do. That is, agree with everyone to get on their good side, while appearing constructive throughout the game.

Gculk said:
You're a villain.

*Clears throat*

Ah, so here's this certainty you're famous for. Well, I don't buy it at all. Might I point out just how reliable that's been in the past? Oh, and if you go along with the 'I knew he was innocent, I was just trying to move the game along' trick again, then I'll know for sure that he's innocent.

You're all going paranoid.  :???:
[quote author=Moss]Subtle tells and lurkery are more informative in my opinion.

[/quote]

Maybe he hasn't much time? And, if lurkery is an obvious trait of villians, maybe the Joker might pick up on it and do it him(/her)self in order to seem wolfy?  :neutral:

Well, we have to take a chance, otherwise this day will never end. The first lynch is kind of a leap of faith anyway so I figure our best bet is to hope we don't lynch the Joker.

Seff might be a clever Joker who is trying to lurk so he gets lynched but then again he could be a Jack or vampire (loner villains as Gculk said it, perhaps because they don't have a pack like werewolves) so he may be trying to isolate himself and not draw too much attention so people don't automatically think "Seff" when he accomplishes anything at night.

The case against him is solid, but then again Moss might be a villain and he may be attempting a pre-emptive strike to eliminate a veteran player. Seff's lurkery is a definite argument against his case, however.

I expect Seff's defence before pronouncing my answer on whether to vote for a Lynch or whether to leave alone. I foresee a bandwagon beginning, however, and any who jump on it immediately might just be villains or over-eager villagers. For now I'm also keeping my eyes on Moss and Alex because of their votes in quick-succession. Pack behaviour? Perhaps. It remains to be seen.

I didn't consider it pack behavior, really. It looked more as if Alex was convinced by Moss' arguments to me?

Anyway, now I wonder, how long does day 1 usually take? I've read a few werewolf threads, ofcourse.

FrisianDude said:
I didn't consider it pack behavior, really. It looked more as if Alex was convinced by Moss' arguments to me?

Anyway, now I wonder, how long does day 1 usually take? I've read a few werewolf threads, ofcourse.

It varies, depending on who's playing. It can go up to a week, or maybe more, but a forced votecount (Where the votes are reset, and the person with the most after revoting gets lynched automatically) usually ends it.

The quickest? Maybe 2, 3 days.

In my very short experience the first day also seem to be the longest. After that there are fewer players and more suspicions to play upon.

Moss said:

I was going to vote Swadius for the silly, nonconstructive posts, but that's not active lurking, that's just what Swadius does. :razz:

<3

Not all my posts are silly and empty content wise :mad:. It's just that there hasn't been a gay joke for 20 pages, and I'm wondering what strange place I've wandered into that's devoid of any funny juice.
Anyways...
I'm can't seem to be able to follow anything past the fourth page... Are the following days going to be as complicated as the first?

Back
Top Bottom