[Werewolf: Archive] Werewolf: A Forum Affair II - Forumite Victory

Users who are viewing this thread

Magorian Aximand said:
And, as I've pointed out, the possibility of success is very slim in this "plan". The ways in which it can go wrong far outnumber the one way in which it can go right. That is precisely why it is unlikely...

Suffice it to say that, in the words of many people over the ages, fortune favours the audacious.

As for acting like you were innocent in the past, if you are now not acting as if you are innocent and supposedly being the sacrificial lamb to draw out conversation, does this now supposedly discount you from being lynched?

Pachinko said:
Still, I feel that the game is well on-track now. Now, to wait for the day to end...

Wait for the day to end? You've got some votes on someone other than you, and you're just gonna wait it out, huh? No wolf hunting, no discussion, no explanation of your own vote, no exploration of new topics.

This is not innocent play Pachy.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
As for acting like you were innocent in the past, if you are now not acting as if you are innocent and supposedly being the sacrificial lamb to draw out conversation, does this now supposedly discount you from being lynched?

Uhh, what? I think you misunderstood. What I sad was that prior reputation can only serve to ward off suspicion if you behave the same way you did before in games when you were innocent. I would actually argue that it shouldn't, but that it does can't be disputed. I then went on to point out that I'm not playing the way I have in the past (in any games, innocent or otherwise), so prior reputation cannot be used to "protect" me.

Then, separately to that point, I explained why I'm behaving differently.

Bulle said:
Yeaaaaaah...

Vote: Vermillion_Hawk

Much as I would love to jump on that one, I'm inclined to think that Hawk is being more vindictive than wolfish. You're not terribly active around the AG anymore, but you should know that Hawk and I haven't exactly gotten along. I am, actually, honestly more suspicious of Pachinko. Ironic, considering my first post. :lol:

Magorian Aximand said:
Pachinko said:
Still, I feel that the game is well on-track now. Now, to wait for the day to end...
Well, I was getting to that...

Well, to start, I'll talk about my voting you. I just think that, in trying to frame others, you're actually trying to deviate attention from yourself. So yeah, that's why I voted you.

It seemed that you were already preparing a ground for yourself, so that you distract everyone enough that they keep discussing, and remain safe yourself.

I was talking about the time when you expressed your idea that either Konig or I would be the first person to be lynched.

I got that...

That doesn't explain why you would be interested in maintaining your vote on me in light of the fact that your interpretation of my actions has been shown to be patently ridiculous, or why you would be interested in just waiting for the end of the day...

Magorian Aximand said:
Vermillion_Hawk said:

Uhh, what? I think you misunderstood. What I sad was that prior reputation can only serve to ward off suspicion if you behave the same way you did before in games when you were innocent. I would actually argue that it shouldn't, but that it does can't be disputed. I then went on to point out that I'm not playing the way I have in the past (in any games, innocent or otherwise), so prior reputation cannot be used to "protect" me.

Then, separately to that point, I explained why I'm behaving differently.

Bulle said:
Yeaaaaaah...

Vote: Vermillion_Hawk

Much as I would love to jump on that one, I'm inclined to think that Hawk is being more vindictive than wolfish. You're not terribly active around the AG anymore, but you should know that Hawk and I haven't exactly gotten along. I am, actually, honestly more suspicious of Pachinko. Ironic, considering my first post. :lol:

I suppose I did misrepresent what you were saying with the whole reputation bit.

I will not deny that initially, I was going to vote for you in the standard first-round vote as a bit of a joking nod towards that. I have no real reason for vengeance, I'd like to think at least that it's regressed to at least a somewhat friendly rivalry at this point. And anyways, I simply thought that what you were doing to start it off was strange and suspect. I have elucidated why, and yes, it's an imperfect plan, as I've said, but as I've also said, it's a very unpredictable game. Case in point, the events as they've been progressing.

As for Pachinko, I would also put forward that he's my second suspect due to his actions.

Magorian Aximand said:
I got that...

That doesn't explain why you would be interested in maintaining your vote on me in light of the fact that your interpretation of my actions has been shown to be patently ridiculous, or why you would be interested in just waiting for the end of the day...

Well, that has a point, but I'll consider further about it.

And by the way, I intended the "waiting for the day to end" bit as a sort of neutral comment; like expressing my eagerness for the game to proceed.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
There doesn't have to be a lynch for the game to proceed, hence why it's looked upon suspiciously.
I am not eager to see someone get lynched; I wish the game to proceed just like it is doing right now. Sort of like, you know, expressing happiness at how everything is going as it should be going- discussions, talks, suspicions and similar stuff.

However, not having a lynch means there is no information to work with, especially on day one.  It pretty much means the village is at square one while the wolves get a free kill.

Back
Top Bottom