OSP 3D Art WEe's Helmets/Shields/Weapons (Yarr) [Updated 2.4.2013]

Users who are viewing this thread

If you want, here is the mail pattern I use:
L2dKg.png

It looks rather good in game to my eyes:
18043564323114_huit.jpg

Mr Master, your helmets are really nice, but you could enhance them by minor fixes. For your last one, the general model is good but the ventilation holes look weird, their size looks exagerated. Besides I think the eyes slits of your early great helms are most of the time too big (but perhaps does it come from your reference). To my eyes it would be better if they would look better with more narrow slits. Like on this one:
JR6aK.jpg
Btw, its mail UVmapping still need to be turned in 90° :razz:

Besides, helms with huge eye slits should not cover the head (I am thinking about the second and third of your post with many screens), above all if you don't model the slits. If you choose to model them, I advice you to look at how Dejawolf does it, the result is very realistic.

Keep up the goog job :wink:

Ah yes, well they are because of the references and I try to keep them as close as possible. Of course, the referances may be bad.

This is the newest one:

002-H32.03.jpg

And yes, I have checked dejawolfs helmets and he models the eye slits. I only tried something similar on the second helmet.

:razz: Well I edited some of the helmets eyeholes to much smaller, should look better now, especially the newest one.

Think of doing this next:

http://steel-mastery.com/en/plate-armour/helmets/fluted-norman-helmet

All the necessary stuff is inside, except for all the item codes if I remember. Just create a new mod folder and extract the files to the appropriate places. Some item codes are included, but not all.

any particulary name I should call the folder and where should I move it? I never got any instructions when I downloaded it so idk what to do. :/

And btw, are you still interested in Mount and Blade armor modding? Because if you are maybe you could make just a small armor add to the Warband expantion? Because if you are maybe you could make the Knight armor from Demon's Souls and Solaire's armor from Dark Souls?

If your interested or just wanna see what I speak off I can gladly just send some links with pictures, if you want me to ofcourse.

Gentlemen, I bump this page with great justice and news. I updated the pack with a few new helmets. A nasal helmet and a fantasy viking helmet and a kind of a different medieval helmet. I also changed some of the helmet's textures to look more gritty. However, I also included the unchanged ones, just in case someone disaggrees with the look :razz:

The Viking helmet render:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqDTpb546M&list=UUKOwGTjIEDKTjWSvc1Kdrog&index=5

It was a for a project, but I'm not sure if its active anymore, so I thought Id share it with you guys. That helmet took my best efforts at the time, and took a good while to do!

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/2779

Hope you enjoy!

Ill try to get some pictures up!

Cool!

Also I hope you didn't mind me using your helmets in my mod. I'm pretty sure I've credited you on both the Nexus and the forum thread. I find your attention to detail on most helmets is great.

I was wondering how you made the turntable mesh? Is that a program?

thick1988 said:
Cool!

Also I hope you didn't mind me using your helmets in my mod. I'm pretty sure I've credited you on both the Nexus and the forum thread. I find your attention to detail on most helmets is great.

I was wondering how you made the turntable mesh? Is that a program?
No not at all! It is is an OSP (Open Source Package) :wink: I've been looking at your work and it is absolutely fantastic. Also recognised many of the helmets too :smile: Thanks mate! I tried to do my best. Sadly, some of the older ones are not as good as they could be. I reckon I could start doing new helmets soon.

I'm using marmoset toolbag. A great rendering program, and doesn't cost that much at all. I highly recommend it!

Thanks mate! I made some last minute changes to the texture before releasing. Mainly just the diffuse and specular (Contrast, brightness, curves...). Gave it a much better look than before. Now I just need to find some good new reference pictures and see if I still can model :wink:

Back
Top Bottom