Weekly 2d art competition archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can easily add new Options.

2ee0.png

Allright then, seems we got a winner, High Middle Ages/Renaissance with 40% of the votes.

Since the competition starts tomorrow, I'll make a quick poll with some themes, the one with more votes will be the subject of next week drawing jam.

Check the poll!

I think a simple High Middle Ages vs Renaissance poll would be better -- allows a little more variety whilst maintaining a theme. And I think it would entice more artists as not everyone wants to draw people. Just my unsolicited opinion though, :razz:

Hey guys, since everybody got it different depending on the place you live, shall we specifiy a timeline for "High Middle Ages" and "Renaissance"? Let's say 1066-1492 and 1450-1527? I don't know, just wondering.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Agreed with the above. Keeping the themes general allows for more creativity.

This.

The theme should be taken openly - if someone will draw a bunch of boys couching a broomstick and throwing each other out of a bicycle as a theme for "medieval age", tere should be noobstacle.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Hey guys, since everybody got it different depending on the place you live, shall we specifiy a timeline for "High Middle Ages" and "Renaissance"? Let's say 1066-1492 and 1450-1527? I don't know, just wondering.

I had in mind High Middle Ages from 1000 to 1300 and Renaissance from this period onwards until around 1600.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Agreed with the above. Keeping the themes general allows for more creativity.

That's a bit late to change the polls, but worry not, next one will be set by the winner.

If you think making it more specific will cripple the competition, I'll adjust the theme by the 3 most voted themes.

My bad for messing the first poll because I didn't know there was an option to add more than 5 items.

Since it's a bit late to do another poll, I forward a motion to simply take the votes in each category, and add them up by theme (High Middle Ages vs Renaissance), and the winner becomes this week's theme.

F.F.C._fritz said:

I agree with this.

Alright, the competition is up.

The theme will be Military of the High Middle Ages.

Draw a soldier in guard duty, a romantic departure of soldier and wife, a nobleman in a joust, a muddy pitch battle, a cavalry charge - your call, just put some people in nifty military equipment of the 11th - 13th century period in it!

Don't forget to read the rules, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom