Weather

Users who are viewing this thread

Angel Delight said:
the paving slabs in my patio were so hot to stand on barefoot that I had to move the parasol just to shade part of the ground.
#FirstWorldProblems perfect example  :lol:

3 nights of minimum temperature of 24-25ºC with 80-85 humidity. Who needs saunas  :dead:

I cycle to work, and the forecast for this week suggests it is going to be raining every single day, for hours on end. Apparently it's due to a depression keeping the same weather system over the UK for a week or so, and unfortunately that weather system is a very rainy one- from Spain (yes, the driest country in Europe). I'll probably be getting rained on going to work and coming home. I hate having to deal with wet clothes; where to hang them, waiting for them to dry out.

Luckily I do have some waterproof overtrousers, though I don't know how I will deal with the cuffs; I usually roll my trousers up at the bottom to prevent them getting caught by my bike chain, but that would of course get my ankles a bit wet. I have trouser clips but they always seem to work themselves loose, so I don't usually bother with them. I wonder whether it might be better to take an umbrella and walk instead; cycling isn't as fun or safe in the wet because of puddles and having less grip and braking power.

It's 90 degrees out and humid as hell. **** this ****, let's move to Alaska.

In-post edit: I was reading all the posts from last year from all the Brits saying how bad their summer was. Makes my problems with the weather here seem small by comparison. :lol:

Arvenski said:
It's 90 degrees out and humid as hell. **** this ****, let's move to Alaska.

In-post edit: I was reading all the posts from last year from all the Brits saying how bad their summer was. Makes my problems with the weather here seem small by comparison. :lol:

You'll be happy to hear Alaska had 90 degree weather yesterday!

Lol stupid 0-100 logically incremental scale that easily transfers from unit to unit... Give me arbitrary units that have absolutely no relation to each other and scales that are based on body temperatures!

Anyone else have a thunderstorm last night? I got carried away with playing Rocket League and it was gone 2am before I went to bed- Oh well, I thought, I can manage on a bit less than 5 hours sleep before work. Unfortunately the storm came about half an hour later, and by the time the last bout of heavy rain had ended the sky was getting light. So I was keeping my window shut most of the time to keep the wind and rain out, sweltering and feeling in need of about 7 hours of unbroken sleep, but knowing I would be getting up in less than 3 hours. Bleh.

At least the garden got a good soaking though. My veg has been thriving over the last couple of months.

Bunny Cookie Canada said:
Get a load of this guy with his own personal thunderstorm.

Having a summer barbecue or whatnot is so old-hat. Personalised, spontaneous precipitation is what the cool crowd are into nowadays, Dryvus  :cool:. Unfortunately it wasn't very Instagrammable because I was hiding from it most of the time.

Wigster600 said:
It was a great thunderstorm though. All flashy n boomy.

I usually like them, but I really wanted to get off to sleep, and to be able to have the window open. It's also so long since I experienced one that I was a bit timid of the thunder, I was actually covering my ears as it got closer  :lol:

Roccoflipside said:
We've been having bi storms like every day, or every other day, where I am. I keep sleeping through them tho...

What's a bi storm? I've been trying to think of a joke based on sexuality, but without success  :razz:.

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
It set one car alarm off over here

Same here, a couple of them went off. Thankfully as soon as the main storm had passed the owners deactivated them.

I really want to go out, just walk and look at the horizon. But is still 30ºC outside at 20:00, temperature will drop only to 27ºC with 60% humidity  :dead:

Back
Top Bottom