Weapon Specific Death Sounds Video

Users who are viewing this thread

So yeah, this is a little video. I take 0 credit for the sounds. They are from stronghold crusader, thus I'm not sure if I'm able to share this "mod". But for personal purposes, I think it' alright. Hope you like it :smile: It's still wip though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9kPdMvGtC8

Yeah it's quite awesome :razz: It has seperate death sounds for maces, axes, spears and swords. I still have to try to figure how to fix it for maces as currently maces == axes :/. In imodbits that is. Thanks for somebody and dunde for helping out with this.

I'm glad it's working for you. I think adding imodbit_balanced to axe 's not too bad for game balance.
Code:
imodbits_axe   = imodbit_rusty | imodbit_chipped | imodbit_heavy|imodbit_balanced
It will differs axes from maces.

Out of curiosity, do the sounds differentiate between sexes or will a nord veteran and a sword sister make the same dying scream when hit with a mace?

Mandible said:
Out of curiosity, do the sounds differentiate between sexes or will a nord veteran and a sword sister make the same dying scream when hit with a mace?
Since you can get a dying agent ID and troop ID, you can make whatever death sound for every individual troop. Completely bypassing skin sounds e.g.

GetAssista said:
Mandible said:
Since you can get a dying agent ID and troop ID, you can make whatever death sound for every individual troop. Completely bypassing skin sounds e.g.
Exactly :razz: Thus, it's quite good me thinks. :smile:

Ye, quite awesome. Would be even better to have weapon specific hit sounds for some weapons too (currently it's divided into cutting, piercing and slashing, I'd say a great axe could sound a bit more brutal than a short sword)

It's also possible to get the hit location of a swing with that trigger, right? Or is that only for ranged? It would be fun to have specific sounds for hitting the throat with a sword or bashing a skull with a mace.

Great. So theoretically, it is possible to completely bypass the skins sound systems?

I've been running into difficulties in the Redwall mod with being forced to let several races share skins files. But if I leave their voices empty, I can use scripts to assign them appropriate sounds on the go? I'll have to look into this.

By the way, this looks like a great addition. Keep it up!

Code:
slot_item_multiplayer_item_class   = 61#60 #temporary, can be moved to higher values
slot_item_multiplayer_availability_linked_list_begin = 62 #61 #temporary, can be moved to higher values

weapon_type_polearm = 100
weapon_type_sword   = 101
weapon_type_axe     = 102
weapon_type_mace    = 103
weapon_type_missile = 104
slot_item_weapon_type = 60
Code:
from module_items import *
def set_item_weapon_type():  
    weapon_type = []  
    for i_item in xrange(len(items)):    
        if items[i_item][7] == imodbits_polearm:
            weapon_type.append((item_set_slot, i_item, slot_item_weapon_type, weapon_type_polearm))
        elif (items[i_item][7] == imodbits_sword) or (items[i_item][7] == imodbits_sword_high):
            weapon_type.append((item_set_slot, i_item, slot_item_weapon_type, weapon_type_sword))
        elif items[i_item][7] == imodbits_axe:
            weapon_type.append((item_set_slot, i_item, slot_item_weapon_type, weapon_type_axe))
        elif items[i_item][7] == imodbits_mace:
            weapon_type.append((item_set_slot, i_item, slot_item_weapon_type, weapon_type_mace))
        elif items[i_item][7] == imodbits_missile:
            weapon_type.append((item_set_slot, i_item, slot_item_weapon_type, weapon_type_missile))
    return weapon_type[:]

Code:
  #script_game_quick_start
  # This script is called from the game engine for initializing the global variables for tutorial, multiplayer and custom battle modes.
  # INPUT:
  # none
  # OUTPUT:
  # none
  ("game_quick_start",
    [
      (call_script, "script_init_weapon_type"), # TRIAL    

Code:
  ]),

("init_weapon_type", set_item_weapon_type()), # TRIAL
]
Code:
      (ti_on_agent_hit, 0, 0, [],[
		(assign, ":item", reg0),
		(store_trigger_param_1, ":inflicted_agent"),
		(agent_is_human, ":inflicted_agent"), #no animal abuse?
		(store_trigger_param_3, ":damage"),
		(store_agent_hit_points, ":hp", ":inflicted_agent", 1),
		(val_sub, ":hp", ":damage"),
		(le, ":hp", 0),
		(try_begin),
			(item_get_slot, ":type", ":item", slot_item_weapon_type),
			(gt, ":type", 0),
                        (assign, reg3, ":type"),
                        (display_message, "@Weapon Kill : {reg3}"),                 
		(try_end),
                ]),
There ye go. Thanks for dunde for making it work :smile: Have fun with ze code =D Remember to start a new game.

Back
Top Bottom