B Musket Era [WB] Twilight of the Sun King (New Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega_007 said:
Wonderful shots, but why vessels with eastern sails docked in a European village?

Europeans also used the lateen rigging - especialy on smaller vessles.

My question though Jaako (though the scene is simply amazing) is why are the sails down if the boats are docked?  they look really nice but give the appearance that the boats should be gliding across the river.

Our oldman will better elaborate historywise, but yes, basically every participant of great northern war has pikeman, Sweden too of course. In western Europe they rather started being obsolete, but you'll certainly find it even there for militias.

And I agree, Jaakko and von Afton are doing awesome job!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: pikemen one of my favorite type of troops. Thanks for answering.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now I shall crush everybody with my super ninja pikemen and rule the world!!!!! mwahahaha!!! Well you get the point that I'm happy.

When this is released,  I will have a reason to reinstall M&B Warband.  :shock:

Well good luck on the mod guys!!!

Drusus said:
Omega_007 said:
Wonderful shots, but why vessels with eastern sails docked in a European village?

Europeans also used the lateen rigging - especialy on smaller vessles.

My question though Jaako (though the scene is simply amazing) is why are the sails down if the boats are docked?  they look really nice but give the appearance that the boats should be gliding across the river.
yes this would be more acurate. will change it at some point.

von Afton: Thank yoou for this beautiful screenshots
Great mod and can anyone post screenshots of the Ottoman Empire (villege or something what you do for now..)
:grin:

So what happens to combined arms if different lords only have either all infantry or all cav in their party? Will you be able to reach a certain amount of influence or something to get other lords to follow you indefinitely for a campaign or will it be just the marshal who will be able to bring different arms to a battle?

Harr! Harr! I see tee enemy on the sea
2012081900001.jpg

2012081900003y.jpg

2012081900005c.jpg

2012081900006.jpg

2012081900007j.jpg

2012081900008i.jpg

2012081900010.jpg

2012081900013.jpg

Nice addition with Naval warfare. Can you actually sail or is it a scene like sieges? I look forward to playing this mod as I wait for M&B II.

I'd hazard a guess and say if two parties happen to meet on water, they fight a battle as usual, but the scene is a naval one instead of a randomly generated field. That's how 1257 does its naval battles. The boats would be static.

But especially the second, fourth and fifth screenshots look like the naval battles in  brytenwalda, where you`re able to sail. I remember the brytenwalda modders released their naval warfare as an OSP, but i may be wrong.

no point in naval battles since M&B:Carribean is coming this sept. with destroyable ships working cannons officers to control fleets ect ect ect, so i think you could easily port this mod into there when they release the MS cause it would fit it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom