SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
Where'd you get the name Foldburg, by the way? because it isn't correct Old English; 'country town' would be Foldanburh, although Tolkien wilfully uses the incorrect, accusative form burg instead of the correct, nominative burh, so you can probably get away with Foldanburg, which is not only more correct but sounds better than Foldburg. Then again, old Germanic area names often aren't grammatically correct (Jotunnheim, for example, or really almost any name in Old Norse). Although real English names often were grammatically correct, take Brunanburh from brūn and burh.

Jarvisimo said:
Alternatively, I could just use some of the towns in Third Age Total War, as I'm sure many people will be familiar with this mod and it helps give some unity.

Shamelessly stole it from TATW.

People still speak Magyar?

In any case, Foldanburg sounds better than Foldanburh or Foldburg, and you wouldn't have the guilty conscience of ripping off a mod for another game. :razz:

The map extends super far west, does that mean remnants of Aranor will still be around?

NoobLord said:
Might add Elves in later versions? He's already got some armours and weapons so he IS going to add them in later versions! :grin:
if he doesn't I am going on a raid to london....
Elves are the best about lord of the rings!
Mirkwood and sindar elves for the win :razz:

Jarvy knows I mean it friendly. xD

Dion/Folcwar said:
if he doesn't I am going on a raid to london....
Well, even if I didn't add Elves it's okay, because I don't live anywhere near London.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
People still speak Magyar?

In any case, Foldanburg sounds better than Foldanburh or Foldburg, and you wouldn't have the guilty conscience of ripping off a mod for another game. :razz:

The map extends super far west, does that mean remnants of Aranor will still be around?

Very well. Perhaps, then, I should get creative with my Old English and come up with some of my own names! Ugh. Imagination.

Ye olde hamlet of Knubblebump, That sat on thy hill southwest of Bramblebish, Wherein resides the household of DribbleGump MacKennel the olde Blacksmithe of Yipplemint.

The castle should be named 'Hornburg', Helm's Deep is the region (the valley) where it was located, and should definatley not be a town, because the keep was mostly used to defend villagers and refugees.

Back
Top Bottom