SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, another update!
I'm about half-way through getting rid of all the Native stuff (that can't work in LOTR of course).
I'm keeping a few Native items, like Mail Coifs, as they can be used in the mod!
Cheers :razz:

EDIT: Noticing a few shader issues on a few Gondorian items.
These will hopefully be fixed this afternoon.

Oh dog, Jarvy. This seems great.
Except I hate the shiny plate armours in films, but I am sure this will be great nonetheless. Keep up the good work.

As promised, we deliver!
Dan has successfully finished texturing the Rohirrim Helmet.
Take a look!
854nx.png
It looks a little blurry close up, but in the game it'll be fine.
I'll code it in as soon as Dan uploads to the Drop box, and show you guys.

Eh, Rohirrim helmets wouldn't be so... Gold! They'd be more of a darker silvery-grey colour, only the higher lords, and kings would use golden helmets, and they'd be mixed in with other colours as well.

Gladiator12 said:
Eh, Rohirrim helmets wouldn't be so... Gold! They'd be more of a darker silvery-grey colour, only the higher lords, and kings would use golden helmets, and they'd be mixed in with other colours as well.
Yes, we just haven't made so many yet :smile:

I would absolutely love to retexture it. I'm rather good at texturing (if I might say so myself xD) so that's a possibility.

And here is a Rohirrim Scout.
81125E5691080889CEFED492A9B6B99ADC5077C4

hm so thats the secret project, although i know nothing about LOTR, it looks pretty nice so far. good luck and don't give up on it  :smile:

Mandible said:
You started this thread in pretty much the best possible way for a LOTR mod: You acknowledged the difficulties right off the bat, anticipated criticisms and immediately displayed a good amount of work done for the mod already, thereby protecting yourself from the "Can you even do anything?" retort. This looks fun; keep it up!
Exactly what I was thinking, the comments in the first post are spot-on.

As you know, whatever you do, you'll get some flak from either movie or book zealots or both - don't mind them and expand on the LoTR universe boldly in every way you think is interesting.
Good luck and don't let the potentially immense amount of work get to you.

Well, I saw many rohirric equipment in the past, and none's material was of pure gold. I mean, i don't want to spoil anything here since I fell in love to your honesty, but some more details for such an important design would do just well.

That shield might as well use some simple bordering. Keep these going and i am sure someone will offer you help.

Belendor said:
Well, I saw many rohirric equipment in the past, and none's material was of pure gold. I mean, i don't want to spoil anything here since I fell in love to your honesty, but some more details for such an important design would do just well.

That shield might as well use some simple bordering. Keep these going and i am sure someone will offer you help.
Thank you very much!

Many people have.
We have two modellers already, and I have another interested.

EDIT: He just agreed to help out. Welcome Janpecnik to the team!

Back
Top Bottom