SP Native Dark Ages [WB] - The Dark Ages mod: fall of Calradia - needing help!

Special formations! if possible, should horse archers be able to circle while shooting? and spearmen

• yes, this will improve the use of tactics, and also the historical edge of the game

Votes: 149 83.2%
  • only if every faction has just one very strong formation, which is only effective in groups less tha

Votes: 54 30.2%
  • no, strategy sucks. just run up against each other and bash away.

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ahh, I guess I need to check that mod out for fully then. thanks for reminding me.

well if that's the case then that would be an awsome addition to your mod.

I will be starting in about a month. Before that i will be on vacation. I have no idea how to send the stuff to you, but i can make good castles and cites.

linuxman said:
That would be really cool but i couldnt help cause school is starting and i suck at modding

hehe school is my reason to start, i'm a freshman at NHTV in game architecture and design (heavenly music playing :roll:)

Northern Mameluke Empire said:
I think if allying Calradia with barbarian factions will be a large concept, then they should have to pay tribute. Otherwise it would be too easy.

great idea! doesn't seem impossible either :mrgreen:

Mrr.Phil said:
I will be starting in about a month. Before that i will be on vacation. I have no idea how to send the stuff to you, but i can make good castles and cites.

sweet! well figure out how to send stuff over :mrgreen:

smurfin said:
Sounds sick. Sorta like a rome calradia?

kinda, in the era where rome fell. that point in history where everything changed at the same time really intrigues me ^^

Just wanna let you know that this is a GREAT idea! And i cant wait to try it out! I wise i could help you but i have no idea how to mod :sad: But yea awesome idea! :grin:

Hehe im about to start Game design studies in ONE week.

And as for castles you ae correct in that they dident really exist HOWEVER Forts were common. so you can most likley use the wooden castles as a base to build on and change if needed.

The Dominator said:
Hehe im about to start Game design studies in ONE week.

And as for castles you ae correct in that they dident really exist HOWEVER Forts were common. so you can most likley use the wooden castles as a base to build on and change if needed.

yeah that's what i meant. the sarranids would be like the only faction having true castle like fortifications. and the malayurg too, just to give them a strong aspect. and to make them very interesting.

Gunzo said:
Just wanna let you know that this is a GREAT idea! And i cant wait to try it out! I wise i could help you but i have no idea how to mob :sad: But yea awesome idea! :grin:

wow thanks! i'm making steady progress. just tweaking the equipment of the swadians to make them into late roman style legionaires ^^

when i'm done tweaking all the factions i might put the module on the repository, just that people can try it out.

Hmmmm How many factions in total are you planning on? i meen The Rhodok tribes sounds like several factions and not just one. The Silver Horde could have some internal problems o their own. from what i know about "Hordes" inner disputes are common.

a little suggestion on the sides Silver Horde could be like Swadia with LOTS of internal problems but their Lords could have larger armies to make up for this. That way you hopefully wont have to see a humungus gathering of Silver horde Lords at your doorstep

The Dominator said:
Hmmmm How many factions in total are you planning on? i meen The Rhodok tribes sounds like several factions and not just one. The Silver Horde could have some internal problems o their own. from what i know about "Hordes" inner disputes are common.

a little suggestion on the sides Silver Horde could be like Swadia with LOTS of internal problems but their Lords could have larger armies to make up for this. That way you hopefully wont have to see a humungus gathering of Silver horde Lords at your doorstep

well the horde starts off like an unstoppable force, thus starting the migrations. later on, they overstretch their conquest of course, creating space for reconquest from the calradians, or other peoples. and indeed, the rhodoks and vaegirs are tribal factions. they normally have a solid peace, but one will occasionally drop out of line, and has to be forced back in by the others.

the vaegir, are fighting among each other for the taiga- and are not very much bothered by other aspirers, because there is not much to gain in those regions. i am considering to make another town deep in the taiga's, east of curaw.

hey i got an idea crappy as it is  :wink: The player should be able to rebuild the Calradian Capitol affter it's been destroyd would be good base to start own on. But i would likley require high engineer LOTS and LOTS of cash and many months perhaps even a year to rebuild.

i know i know ****ty idea but hey if we dont give ideas it might be hard to make really good mods.

The Dominator said:
hey i got an idea crappy as it is  :wink: The player should be able to rebuild the Calradian Capitol affter it's been destroyd would be good base to start own on. But i would likley require high engineer LOTS and LOTS of cash and many months perhaps even a year to rebuild.

i know i know ****ty idea but hey if we dont give ideas it might be hard to make really good mods.

ideas are never crappy, shower me in them!! my idea was that once people settle in a destroyed town, it gruadually rebuilds, to the level it once was. by itself, i mean. but there should be a motivation not to destroy a town, before all of calradia is burning without any cities in it which are not burning wrecks. ideas, anyone?

Would Migration aply to Players own faction aswell? that once you lose your last stronghold you would get some random horde of peasants following you around? and perhaps ruined towns would have Bandit garrions i meen ruins are excellent places for bandits.

The Dominator said:
Would Migration aply to Players own faction aswell? that once you lose your last stronghold you would get some random horde of peasants following you around?

yes, they would join your party. in some impossible way, you would suddenly have an army of about 1000 strong- but they are very instable, and can rout or desert by at least 4/5. it should be a situation that should be avoided because of the social instability. the people don't care if that village is allied or not- they need food and shelter.

build it near dhirim because dhirim is glitched (well last time i seiged it my men couldnt get down the seige tower and were shot down)

im liking the sound of this mod good luck

EDIT: do you have any pictures of swadian legionairs?

Back
Top Bottom