SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

• Yes, move it to 1357.

Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the guidance, it will be fairly easy to knock out a lance like that.

P.s. Im out of town for the weekend so no WIP updates will be posted.  :sad:

Im opening up the following locations for scene editing if anyone would like to assist.

- Suno
- Uxhal
- Praven

- and all Swadian villages from native.

Keep in mind the year is now 1387 and places have grown in size. If you use models that are not part of native please give proper credit. Try to keep the geography of the location similar to how it was in native. Please make sure to keep in the theme.
Good luck and thanks to any volunteer!

So, if the poll to make lesser lords knights goes through, are we going to expand upon the titles of nobility instead of just "Lord"/"Count"? I.E. Barons, Viscounts, Earls, etc?

I'm going to expand upon it, yes. It will likely be like this:

Duke
Count
Baron
Knight

Then in the troop tree the man at arms would take the place of "Swadian Knight" and the original man at arms would be changed to squire, retainer, or something similar.

It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have squires upgrade in to Men at Arms in my opinion, though, seeing as Men at Arms were pretty much just the soldiery, whereas a Squire was usually in direct service to a noble such as a knight, lord, etc.

Good point, although I didn't really mean to imply that they were as common and green as grass. I was just trying to say that the thinking that you would need to be a squire before you were a man at arms is rather flawed.

it will probably be Mounted Sergeant or Retainer.

Or Ill have 2 levels to the Man at Arms. One with upgraded armament.

Another thing Ive wanted to do with the mod is keep stats on troops fairly even, with equipment being the more important factor. Of course a peasant wont have the same stat as a lord though so dont get an anurism. Im redoing the armor snd damage properties so that cut dmg against plate is pretty nerfed etc. while crush or pierce is more effective.

Heh, I was thinking about that, how would something like this sound:

So we have knights, barons, counts and so on, right? Well, how often did people like counts or barons actually train for wars? Knights pretty much lived for battle (Especially in Calradia), so they would be readier for battle, but they're still knights, so they're not exactly rich. But, nobles are, rich that is.

So, with this, there could be an interesting game mechanic in the making: Knights are great fighters, but have poor equipment, while nobles are poor fighters, but have great equipment.

Im guessing there was a range of wealth in the class of knight, depending on how successful their estate was and how fortunate they were in battle/tournament.

But having nobles be less than magnificent fighters makes some sense, at least for the older ones.

Men of arms during the era this mod is set (at least in England) in were men qualified for knighthood, but were not knighted. They were usually armed and armored as well as any night or noble. Nobles would have had essentially the same equipment as knights. (Differences in price/quality existed, but there was no major difference in form.) A rich man-at-arms could be armed and armored better than a poor noble.

I would like to add Freelancer, yes. However with my limited module system ability we will have to see.

Ideally, I'd like to have both Freelancer and Diplomacy.

Here's a new version of the campaign map. No height map has been added as of yet, but the old map was far too small and was cluttered once I had the parties in place. This should be better. It also extends East all the way to Rindyar Castle so it will include Dhirim.

319609_10100646775044675_1144257990_n.jpg

Do the changes made to scenes in edit mode show up in your game folders? If so, I'll take Uxkhal. Since a great amount of time has passed since Native, you could also add a city or two located on a natural harbor or large river founded after native. That way we could add some nice shipping to our scenes, and maybe even sea trade to the game.

Epicrules said:
So does this mean that Khergit raiding parties will also make an appearance?

In the words of the late Chris Farley, "That is cooorrect."

Seal_1 said:
Do the changes made to scenes in edit mode show up in your game folders? If so, I'll take Uxkhal. Since a great amount of time has passed since Native, you could also add a city or two located on a natural harbor or large river founded after native. That way we could add some nice shipping to our scenes, and maybe even sea trade to the game.

For sure, there are going to be a number or new cities added to the campaign map. I have not changed any scenes as of yet, but the changes you make to them should be in the scenesobj folder. There will be some added all along the coast. Also Uxkhal is yours now :smile: Good luck and thanks!

thick1988 said:
I have not changed any scenes as of yet, but the changes you make to them should be in the scenesobj folder. There will be some added all along the coast. Also Uxkhal is yours now :smile: Good luck and thanks!

Thank God... I had already started!  :mrgreen:

So far, I've made that "river" the size of a river, and I've added some shipping and new buildings. I also added a gatehouse on a manmade island in the center of the river. It's not even close to being done, but it shows how the city has expanded past its original walls.

mb200.jpg

mb202.jpg

mb201.jpg

mb185.jpg

mb187.jpg

mb191.jpg

The last three images are samples of some of the some of the retextures I have done. If you want, I could apply worn paint in heraldic color to some of the mod's armor. I could make it look new, but I prefer the worn, beaten-up look, myself.

Back
Top Bottom