MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Space Hulk : Heart of Corruption

Should helmets be optional?.

• Yes

Votes: 143 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 24.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Before we start making art assets for enemies / friendlies, we should put down some bases on what's feasible.

I've thought about it a bit and the fact is they'll have to be roughly the same skeleton as a Terminator. This is because adding varied skeletons isn't exactly easily done in multi-player.

Orks, obviously. The right size, stature. They make sense, they love to camp out in old space hulks. We could only vary their size very slightly, which is unfortunate, but necessary. Grots are far too different to be worth putting in.
Chaos, can work. Chaos Terminators, Bloodletters and limited other daemons can be done on a Terminator skeleton.
Eldar, sort of. They're much shorter and skinnier than a Terminator and there fore not really suited.
Tyranids, forget it. Maybe Genestealers and Lictors but anything less humanoid than that would be really hard.
Imperial / Traitor Guard, same problem as Eldar and Grots, too small.
Tau, as above.

So basically we've got Orkz with out too much trouble. Some limited Chaos Influence and the occasional Tyranid can muck around.

Also to consider, my organic modelling is virtually non-existent so the Orks, Tyranids and Daemons will need a different modeller. I can so some pieces of Terminator armour and virtually all weapons / scene props what have you.

I can also texture pretty much anything, but I don't UV map.

Anywho, I have a bunch of random Warhammer 40k models and textures. You might find some of them useful. (Like a powerfist). Most of the models are IG and tau related though, but if needed be and need some stuff. I got a bunch.

Aye, Quail, I had some of those resources on the hard-drive of my old computer but it's not currently accessible; so he'll need those from you.

I have some of my own models that I never passed out on it as well, but until I get cash to fix my computer, they're locked away.

Most of my models were Shootas and Choppas for the Orks but there was a couple of others in there.

Austupaio said:
Before we start making art assets for enemies / friendlies, we should put down some bases on what's feasible.

I've thought about it a bit and the fact is they'll have to be roughly the same skeleton as a Terminator. This is because adding varied skeletons isn't exactly easily done in multi-player.

Orks, obviously. The right size, stature. They make sense, they love to camp out in old space hulks. We could only vary their size very slightly, which is unfortunate, but necessary. Grots are far too different to be worth putting in.
Chaos, can work. Chaos Terminators, Bloodletters and limited other daemons can be done on a Terminator skeleton.
Eldar, sort of. They're much shorter and skinnier than a Terminator and there fore not really suited.
Tyranids, forget it. Maybe Genestealers and Lictors but anything less humanoid than that would be really hard.
Imperial / Traitor Guard, same problem as Eldar and Grots, too small.
Tau, as above.

So basically we've got Orkz with out too much trouble. Some limited Chaos Influence and the occasional Tyranid can muck around.

Also to consider, my organic modelling is virtually non-existent so the Orks, Tyranids and Daemons will need a different modeller. I can so some pieces of Terminator armour and virtually all weapons / scene props what have you.

I can also texture pretty much anything, but I don't UV map.
QuailLover said:
Anywho, I have a bunch of random Warhammer 40k models and textures. You might find some of them useful. (Like a powerfist). Most of the models are IG and tau related though, but if needed be and need some stuff. I got a bunch.
Hmm, a background story to include Orkz, Chaos, Tyranids and IG, not to mention Space Marines.
This should be interesting :razz:

Also regarding the skeletons, I thought about this yesterday, and I think some of the possible Tyranid species would include the Genestealers and Lictors you mentioned, aswell as Warriors, Primes, possibly Gaunts, maybe with clever modding one could make Hive Guards aswell.

But yeah, Genestealers would propably work the best. But it is Grunars choice in the end :wink:

ThaneWulfgharn said:
You will need new skeletons.

Don't think so. The guys inside the exterminators have bodies with human proportions, were you see the helmet: there is the head. It's just that the back part of the armour is bulky.

Will do :smile:

Just finishing off the cross section
section.png

Yeah this is looking promising. Especially seeing its an MP mod. Will be fun playing as the factions fighting against the Space Marines. Or will those be bots?

Phalanx300 said:
Yeah this is looking promising. Especially seeing its an MP mod. Will be fun playing as the factions fighting against the Space Marines. Or will those be bots?
Will be Both AI or Players,

Anyone know what a Terminator/Space Marine sees through his helmet?.

Lexicanum on Power Armor said:
The helmet is fitted with automatic sensory devices developed on Mars, this allows the wearer to see and hear as though not wearing a helmet, and, since all information is transmitted to a computer in the helmet before being transmitted directly to the wearer's brain via neural link, blinding lights and deafening noises can be muted so that they don't harm the wearer. The wearer is also able to see in the infra-red and ultra-violet spectrum, and images can be zoomed in and magnified.

As for the info they see, no idea. Couldnt find anything on that. Id imagine you have pretty much free hands on the matter.

Alright, zooming is in the game by default. Infra-red and ultra-violet aren't gonna happen though.

Also, thanks for the suggestions, Temuzu.

For the skeleton issue, were going to need a bigger, bulkier skeleton that will fit a basic Terminator / Ork shape. From there we can make all enemies fit that.

Grunar, feel free to correct me, of course. I'm just writing down what I feel is realistic for the Warband engine.

Back
Top Bottom