SP Fantasy [WB] Seven Golden Cities

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll try and fix the swadian pic! More lore coming in a few minutes.

The idea of the game is definitely to allow people to be a colonist! The best army for a Hernando Cortes like conquistadore would be the Rhodoks/Braeseal. I'd suggest going with them!

NORDS
Vinland

The Colony of the Nords is named Vinland, land of vinyards in their language. Indeed, this is their prime resource, as they found fields of red and white grapes. They have become the main producers of wine. It's situated in the northern part of Olinka, to the north of Braeseal. It is mostly a dry temperate or steppe like climate and biome. It has a coast, but it is composed of dirt or rocks. It has mostly varieties of Maples trees, and the Nords have cut a lot of them down. They have become a chief exporter of Maple products, like Maple buns or Maple Lag. They also incorporate it into their medicinal drink Lonnjul. Like their home country, they wield mostly short swords, buckler shield and axes. They have also bought gunpowder for certain troops, though they have mostly decided to put it into their grenades and grenadier division of their army. These can turn the tide of battle. The natural resources are silver, lead and quite a few precious stones. They also have plenty of metals to compose pattern-welded weapons, given to the highest tier warriors of their army. There are two main cities: Tallholm, Skonhetras, and a castle Fortet Traspik. The nords have shieldmaidens in their army, but few have come to Olinka. Most of the nords are old veterans, though children have come too and are steadily growing into capable young nords. They worship the same religion as in their home country, which is star worship, Asterianism. They believe each star is an ancestor fallen in battle, who guides them and helps them find their way at night. The ruler of the colony is a veteran nord warrior Earl Starkskagg.
As all the other Calradian colonies, they use dinars to trade. They have an honour system, and don't believe in fighting other nords 2 vs 1 as it is dishonourable. Their main goal is life is to become a star and pave their way to their children becoming stars.

Nice!
Now, if I can make a suggestion: There is a guy, a very awesome voice actor that helps with mod's. ComradeCrimson. You might want to contact him if you need voice acting, he is very good.  :smile:

As it happens, I already work closely with ComradeCrimson on the voiceacting, and we also bounce ideas off each other for the lore (he's very interested in diverse cultures and history. I'll readily admit I've always been bad at history)

It will have VERY EXPENSIVE and VERY HIGH TIER gunpowder units. Ridiculously so, to the point of having five in an army of three hundred.

I like the way this is going! What will the influence be for the "native" factions. Aztecs are an obvious one due to the maquahuitl posted, but will we see inspiration from the southern pacific islanders as well? The northern woodlands tribes?

DarthTaco said:
I like the way this is going! What will the influence be for the "native" factions. Aztecs are an obvious one due to the maquahuitl posted, but will we see inspiration from the southern pacific islanders as well? The northern woodlands tribes?

West: Aztecs, Mayans, Incas
East: Australian Aborigines
South: African and Afro-carribean
North: Native American and some Mesoamerican

Those are the main influences, though you'll see they are also quite different from the influencial cultures. Their tactics will also vary, offering a solid opponent despite the absence of plate armour.

:roll: you sure you can handle all that?

IMG_5934.JPG
DarthTaco said:
The northern woodlands tribes?
woodland cultures: Mississippians, Apalachee,
Tunica, Muscogee Creeks and Timucua
  :arrow: http://www.losttribesflorida.com/

l135.jpg

041_fs.jpg

039_fs.jpg

Chunkeyplayer_painting_HRoe_2006.jpg

2009725175547_CHIEF%20TIMUCUA.jpg

CahokiaMounds-old.jpg

CahokiaPeople.jpg

Parkin_Site_head_reconstruction_HRoe_2006.jpg

Art-2.gif

chrocom_priest_missdig_02.jpg

MississippianMoundBuilders.jpg

CahokiaMoundsPast-600.jpg

Chromesun_mississippian_priest_digital_painting.jpg
Tuskaloosa_HRoe_2002.jpg

dinj.png

pyrmiss2.jpg

029_fs.jpg

Miss.Mounds.jpg

-2.JPG

-3.JPG

-4.JPG

-5.JPG

5gzd.png

Intriguing pictures of the natives wearing redcoat style uniforms mixed with their clothing!

Also, this should be a good basis for the medium tier armours of these natives (the low ones being naked):
dinj.png

Hmmm, very nice! I must say, I have seen only a couple of mods with a Mesoamerican/tribal theme. I admit I'm quite hyped.
As another suggestion, caused by the image of the warriors you and matmo posted, have you considered putting some faces with tribal tatoos/markings on them? There are OSP face packs that offer many face textures as base for retextures, I have used them for Egyptian kohl eyes, for example. I think it wll give an extra flavour in the mod.  :smile:

Well, yes. The way I do it, is either replacing a Native one or using the models from an OSP pack, like Iboltax's improved faces and such. If it is only for native faces, just go into the textures folder, find the manface_something.dds file you want to replace(the face you want, that is) and copy it into your mod's texture folder and replace it. If you want it as an extra face, do the same, but use a vaguely similar face model form an OSP. It's very, very easy. Of course, you can always add more faces, in the module_skins.py. Just use a native entry for template and enter you own data. Similarly easy.  :smile:

Well, you could try replacing one of the native skins or using an OSP texture, then. It's way easier and almost guaranteeed success. Since you only 'reskining' a pre-exisitng texture, you are on the safe. Unless you cover eyes and such. Although, you can do scars, wounds and such, even eye patches.  :wink:

Well, the decision is yours. But my suggestion is this: Use an OSP with lots of new faces. For example, Improved male faces pack adds about 10 more faces to the game, while leaving the native ones. So, you can replace the ones you don't like or don't fit the mod(there are some chinese ones, so you could replace them).

But yeah, you will decide ultimately, I'm just making suggestions.  :smile:

And how do you implement those new faces? Through module_skins?
The answer is yes. In any case, I got it working, so no problem:

1434185104-mb37.jpg

The answer is actually it depends. Yes, but you can use a skins.txt file, if it comes with the OSP pack. That's why I said it's easy.  :wink:
But anyway, awesome looking tribal tatto there.

Back
Top Bottom