[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chance to play a bit and I wrote down some of my thoughts. I only had about an hour to play, so I didn't test it extensively, but here's my list. I'll try to update it as I play more.

Major Stuff
-The World Map is very choppy
-Sometimes soldiers crouch and just slide around to move. No crouch moving animation nor do they stand up after crouching
-Troops are named confusingly. British Orkney Soldier, British Webb Soldier etc. Can't tell what's what. I just wanted some light infantry
-General Flintlock Musket (and maybe all muskets, if they use the same sounds) makes the sound of two muskets when firing, and the other sounds are badly delayed
-Looters drop WAY too much loot. I got about 30 coats from 8 looters. They have too many items defined in the code
-After I did Mr. Whitworth's quest where I fight the bandits in town, I spawned in his house, but so did some of my men. They
spawned in such a way as to block me from reaching Whitworth and my game was effectively ended due to me not being able to talk to him or tab out
-The British recruiters were selling British troops one visit and then nothing but Shipping Guards and Merchants the next. Glitch or something I missed?
-Hunted down a Murderer in Carlisle, but the nervous man just spoke the "Surrender or die' dialogue. Can't complete it
-The graphics on the world map broke, but I guess that happens in the native game for me sometimes. Seemed to happen more often
here, though

Minor Stuff
-People spawn on stairs in London tavern
-Obviously 19th century painting of Cardinal Richelieu in London tavern
-The bullet fired by pistols is the size of a cannon ball
-Mr Charles Whitworth lacks the full stop after 'Mr'
-Ancient Greek Kopis is out of place, called a Balkan Ornamental Sabre
-Mentions of Calradia in spots
-England lacks mountains
-Some frankly rubbish tracks, namely the modern vocal ones
-Prussian flag in Carlisle. Also palm trees and sand
-No way to see how many cannons and what kind I've got outside of town. Maybe a menu on the report page?
-No control group for artillery or am I blind?
-I fought a battle on the ford (i.e. river crossing) texture but got no river, or water of any description

I like what I saw, but there were some gamebreaking issues, like the quest problems and the fact that I can't recruit army troops after the first day or so.

My main problem was the general sluggishness of the game, though. It took very long to load scenes and the map was very choppy. I suspect this has something to do with the huge filesize. 5 gigs is the biggest I've ever seen a Warband mod. L'Aigle (which is admittedly not finished) is fewer than 700 megs.

I also didn't see a single new scene, despite all the scene work I see in this thread. I only visited places around Britain, though.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the problems fixed. I also took this picture of my small army and my character, The Dreadentleman Pirate Rowsdower.

mb1ml.jpg

Docm30 said:
-The World Map is very choppy
-Sometimes soldiers crouch and just slide around to move. No crouch moving animation nor do they stand up after crouching
-Troops are named confusingly. British Orkney Soldier, British Webb Soldier etc. Can't tell what's what. I just wanted some light infantry
I experienced this as well. Ctrl+Space really lags the game. Also, the crouch sliding I found after a few custom battles, before it worked perfectly.

I'd definitely appreciate seeing a (Light Infantry) or (Line Infantry) next to certain unit names. I'm all for having named regiments, but knowing what role they fill would be nice. :razz:

Good mod i tried it, but make an finnish banner that has the coat of arms of finland and new faces would be nice, thanks for the mod

When i visited the castle of Charles XII, grass grows out of the floor of the castle  :lol:

Any ideas about the seemingly empty rosters? It's not just Sweden for me. I can't recruit anywhere except for in the United Provinces, Spain, Bavaria, France, and Britain.

EDIT: Also the Holy Roman Empire. Able to get men there.
EDIT2: Also, it seems that when you buy cannons on the menu? It's spelled 'cannnons'. Might want to remove an n there. :wink:

Windbusche said:
Any ideas about the seemingly empty rosters? It's not just Sweden for me. I can't recruit anywhere except for in the United Provinces, Spain, Bavaria, France, and Britain.
Committed a fix right now.
Windbusche said:
EDIT2: Also, it seems that when you buy cannons on the menu? It's spelled 'cannnons'. Might want to remove an n there. :wink:
Cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnons!

I love the cannons. One of them killed 15 Swiss Grenadiers and the French routed. :lol:

And thank you for the reply.

EDIT: Also, any chance of tuning down the number of bandits that ambush you in major cities to 1? I killed 1, and have spent the past 15 minutes trying to find the other. :lol:

I'm very excited. For me it has been a pleasure working on creating this game, and I shall never forget. Today is April 14, the day of the Spanish Republic. In this game I have a chance to defeat the invaders bourbons that day continue robbing and oppressing the Spanish people. True, it is an alpha, but it's still probably the best mod, or at least for me, Mount Blade.

I want to thank the whole team that allowed me to help create this mod and see with joy TOTSK the small world we have created.

Greetings!

One last thing. My troops seem to lose morale extremely fast when they haven't been engaged for a while.
I have plenty of food, and have to keep buying Courtesans (That poor poor woman) and I'm still getting deserters.

Advice?

Windbusche said:
One last thing. My troops seem to lose morale extremely fast when they haven't been engaged for a while.
I have plenty of food, and have to keep buying Courtesans (That poor poor woman) and I'm still getting deserters.

Advice?
buy boose :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom