[WB][S] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes get it into the Released Mod section ASAP, you will gather more support once you make it up there I think it makes it easier to find and promote it.

It's not a deadline. I hope we will finish the mod long before Christmas, but there are a lot to be done and I'm afraid I cannot do anything right now. Lionstrong makes some models of helmets, shield(spara) and swords and Nico Petrali, our Scener and coder deals with those stuff. When these are done, I will be able to speed things up, for sure. :smile:

Not stuck, not at all. We have models, these are additional. Also, I said that I, personally, cannot work until I get the new stuff. It doesn't mean that the models and scenes aren't being prepared. Actually, Lionstrong hit me with an update of the spara shield yesterday(and I will upload it if he so wishes) and he should have finished the helmets and all their varieties.

Amazing! Thank you, to be honest, music is kind of a problem, because I am in this dilemma: Should I use "modern ancient" Greek music, film music, I don't know. Sure, music seems like a detail, but it really is a bit of a problem. Thank you, man.

simply use musics YOU like to listen when playing your mod (or other similar mods or games)
after all that's is YOUR work

(eg I adore listen "Conan the Barbarian ost" when playing warband ... I even  thought to create a Hyborian Age mod based on this music , perhaps my next project  :roll:

fladin said:
simply use musics YOU like to listen when playing your mod (or other similar mods or games)
after all that's is YOUR work
(eg I adore listen "Conan the Barbarian ost" when playing warband ... I even  thought to create a Hyborian Age mod based on this music , perhaps my next project  :roll:

True, there is the creative side of things, but since it is a more "historical" mod, I didn't want to put music that I like(because much like you I like that kind of films and music). Perhaps, I am not expressing myself right, but I mean I wanted more "realistic" music. Good thoughts, nonetheless.

On a different note, it is funny, but I also thought many times to make a Hyborian Age mod myself. Perhaps, when we find some time, we could make something, it would be cool. :wink:

ElPadrino said:
Yeah, I'm crazy about Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack  ... :*

I am(also) in the final stages of my Crusader mod, Complete with new features and everything, perhaps you will find something there you will like. :wink:

I will make a thread once I finish it. I am very close, only the dialogs and strings need to be done and it's ready. With Diplomacy as basis, actual map, many tweaks and small scripts by me and retextures of OSPs, also by yours truly, historical Lords(and their banners) and more, I am very proud of it, that's why I am saving it. Patience for only a little while.

Also, any thoughts about what we were discussing?

Hmm, I don't know about that. What I meant as theme appropriate was something like the two songs El padrino posted or that of fladin(although,  something less recognizable or associated with the fantasy setting as the music of Basil Poledouris for Conan).  :smile:

As the focus is historical accuracy, it is probably best that the music is at least for the most part historically accurate. You will likely want to group the factions into cultures with different music. Most of this stuff is just assumption and interpretation, so there is plenty of room to mess around.

A few examples of instruments:
The Persian Ney has been around thousands of years before the setting of this mod (as well as the Turkish and Egyptian Ney).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OFeVRI_g90&index=19&list=PLizrz_r3cFIXrq530NkwGDQqTWE_jvXgy

Greek lyre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmEEJWUyBk&list=UUJ1X6F7lGMEadnNETSzTv8A&index=44

Hopefully this assists someone in some way.  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom