SP Fantasy [WB] Hyborian Age: Crown of Iron +++ 1st post updated 02/13/11 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, the music is something that I'm worried about but also one of the last things to do as well, when scenes are finished and that all.

Einskaldir said:
Yeah, the music is something that I'm worried about but also one of the last things to do as well, when scenes are finished and that all.
You can always use music from Conan movies, right? Since those tracks are more than 25 years old, copyright management doesn't really comply with them.

Volkodav, that was my first intention but I was concerned about IP stuff... But if you're right, that makes me feel uberhappy. So yeah! Also is one great BSO, one of my favourites.

And take the opportunity to present in society...
greataxe2.jpg

Regards!

Great. And here's a quick wings model of a two handed falchion/saber, whatever.
1127 faces, poly-count is really high though. If you can use it, let me know, so I can send it to ya.  :grin:
It needs textures.

SaberPic.jpg

Nice one, but seems one handed to me. Anyways, of course we can use it! Any help is more than welcome :smile:

If you don't care I can try to reduce the polycount a bit. And thanks for the contribution.

Here some weapons from Fraoliva the blacksmith:
War axe
2haxevanaheim.jpg

Atlantean sword
destroyerswordrender2.png

Broadsword
broadsword2.jpg

Cheers!

Edited for typos

Ok, I've reedited the falchion, and now it's 1371 poly. Still a bit high, but I've managed to cut down to below 1500, and at decent quality, too (I'm a noob, yes  :razz:).
Cheers!
Falchion.jpg

Wow, still too high to be honest, but looks nice. Maybe tweaking a bit the polys of the blade. Anyways, if you want can send me the file to give it a look.

Volkodav said:
Ok, I've reedited the falchion, and now it's 1371 poly. Still a bit high, but I've managed to cut down to below 1500, and at decent quality, too (I'm a noob, yes  :razz:).

I also had terrible problems with poly counts a little time ago, but don't worry, in time you learn what kind of details don't make difference ingame,can be replaced by textures and normalmaps, and also more simple ways to do it.

A humble suggestion, from modeler to modeler, is to import and see how the models of the vanilla game and from other veteran modelers work, their shape, how they are formed, and use as little auto-smooth as possible.

you are in the right trail, your model is good, better than the ones I made in my early days (not long ago  :wink:  )

Good luck!

Most likely not. Actually i can't remember any animal headed helmet in any conan's source, but if any, and fit, maybe. But I don't think so.

Hi there, I've been a little bussy these days, sorry for the lack of updates. Also I'm doing non-visible work right now (problem's with decapitations, making lords, tweaking stuff) instead of modelling.

Currently added Caba`drin's custom party names, deleted some actions of village menus (not the towns yet) thanks to Dunde advices.

Thanks for your pictures Thane!

@Volkodav, nope, sorry.

Regards.

New man body texture, tweaked mesh and loincloth (sp?), obviously still very WIP:

mb16n.jpg

Body texture by Sickyield. Female body/textures in progress too. Hope you like it. Any suggestions/insults/whatever are welcome, as always.

Advancing with the picts race (thanks Somebody!):
Body in OpenBRF
st1v.jpg

in game
mb29d.jpg

Face details.
mb26.jpg

Its just a test model. Hope you like it.

Greetings.

Yeah, the face is not very serious lol

Good thought about scars. I'm going to add some. Also, thinking in make the tattoos more simplistic rather than elaborated.

Einskaldir said:
Yeah, the face is not very serious lol

Good thought about scars. I'm going to add some. Also, thinking in make the tattoos more simplistic rather than elaborated.

Yea, it's gonna take some effort to capture the Pict feel. They are basically the most savage race in Hyboria and they stayed that way throughout most of their existence.

That is cool! Might be worth getting in touch with the guys who made the Neolithic mod to see if you could borrow some items for the Picts - they're supposed to be stone age, no?

Yes, it looks very nice. To be honest, it's the first Conan mod I like and I'm eagerly waiting for more progress.

Back
Top Bottom