SP Fantasy [WB] HIRIDIA: Ungovernable Lands - BETA OUT

What should be done about the blocking for knives and bows?

• Knives and bows should be able to block

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Non of both should be able to block

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Knives should be able to block, but not bows

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Bows should be able to block, but not knives

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Dunno, lawl

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Janus said:
If I have to deal with more of your interpersonal squabbling (which is now deleted), the topic will be locked. Revan Shan and Swyter, I'm looking at both of you. Try to act like you have at least a small shred of maturity between the two of you.

Thank you Janus. You've just arribed when we were starting to 'connect'. So happy ending I supose.

It took a while but... everything is ok now. And what can I say. If you are into modding, like anything else in life when you spend an important amount of hours, this things occur. Living in community involves both help and conflict. Even between friends... like the case we have seen. So in conclusion, Swyter and I will try to keep everything discussed before stuff is public.

I just hope you all didn't see a gobling around here, lol. Cause if so you would have been spoiled one of the many cool things we are working on.

rastahorn-goblin.jpg
trasgo_post_3.png

I liked it better without sludge color.

Well people. There you have it. The canon goblin for Hiridia: Ungovernable Lands .

You will find these creatures around most of the areas, usually in acceptable if not big numbers.

Though poorly equiped these beings can perfectly stand a good fight with their vicious thirst for blood, and will protect their hives on caverns and dungeons.

Is this where I can post suggestions for Hiridia, because I am really looking forward to the mod  :smile:

Alright, well while playing  the Native Vanilla I noticed a problem concerning a vital phase of the game.

In my instance, I sided with the claimant Lady Isollo of Suno, with no desire to become King, and captured a plot of Swadian Soil. Now later, I have no lords under my banner and am fighting on two front between Swadia and Rhoddok. When I defeat one enemy army the other moves in, no breathing room. A lord would help but that's not going to happen soon enough. Money isnt an issue but I cant go around recruiting and churning out troops if I have to keep fighting all the time.

So I was thinking of what could have been added in to make things easier and I thought of something. Picture this: Mercenary Warlords

They are like normal mercs (i.e. expensive) but rather than fighting in your army they will traipse around the countryside just like a lord would and fight your enemies. Unlike patrols they will take initiative and move around finding and defeating enemies, even ransacking their towns for good measure. Their activities could even be regulated by you - what they do, how much of the loot they get or give you and what they have in their army.

As mentioned you can hire them to raid enemy territory and also garrison a castle, do normal patrols, and can be summoned likes lords for a campaign.

What do you think?

There are several mods that expand on player kingdoms such as Lords & Realms, Sword of Damocles, and Star Wars Conquest. Several of these include mercenary parties or kingdom patrol parties as well.

I cannot say if Revan wants any of this in Hiridia, but it is a possibility.

ithilienranger said:
There are several mods that expand on player kingdoms such as Lords & Realms, Sword of Damocles, and Star Wars Conquest. Several of these include mercenary parties or kingdom patrol parties as well.

Sweet, I'll check those out.

Thank you. 

Thanks Taro8.

About the mercenary warlords. First, there will be no claimants on Hiridia. Second, I don't like the idea of having mercenary lords, but I do have in mind big recruitable parties. So instead of having to recruit one by one, you could also recruit full companies. I imagine them settled just like bandit holdouts, but Ithilienranger is the one in charge of the new coding, so he would have to see if it's possible or not.

BTW. Sorry guys I've been out of the TW forums this week, but I had to do a lot of stuff. More work for SWC, more videos, university and a girl.

That sounds immensly useful, its a pain having to recruit from villages at rates from 1-10... terrible for hard campaigning. Recruiting entire companies into ones army sounds like a good outlet for money in a  pitched fight.

I have a lot of ideas about this mod, and many reviews thus far, but I'll try to say this as plainly as possible: "Cool." - Knight Silaric

HORRIBLE NEWS

My computer went to hell 2 days ago, and lost all the info on my first drive, where I have everything. I'm now trying to recover the 400 GB of lost info (if that's ever possible), and I cannot mod or make videos.

On the less worse side I've been using the svn system for HUL, and therefore the mod's last update is saved and completely full. So I will be able to keep working on HUL, but only once I've restored all the programs and data on my PC.

GOD GUIDES MY MOUSE!

I restored all the mod files, back from hell to my PC desktop.

So the mod will suffer no extra delay appart from the time I need to make everything operational again. I yet have to reinstal games and programs. Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, Corel Draw 13, Gimp...

If you would need some more concept art or so  please don't hesitate to pm me. I would be glad to help a little  :grin:

It's been kinda quiet here for a while now.

What is a Kalid?

I know its a newb question and off the topic of the guy above me but I wasnt able to find anything about them in the total war Hiridia mod that Revans Team made:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187785

So just asking.

Hiridia Total War was being developed while I was writing the book. But when I changed to MaB I also made some drastic changes on the book. One of this changes was changing 'orcs' for 'kalids'.

KALIDS INSTEAD OF ORCS

When I started writing the series of books based on Hiridia I tried to make really cool factions, which would become mythic with time, and iconic once there were videogames and such. I included humans, and several types of elves. Also some special races like aurlions, fernrisseans and vampires (the hiridian vampire is a different concept to the one seen on other fantasy worlds). But the time came for me to decide if I was going to include orcs or not.

Previously I studied the escence of Warhammer, LOTR and others, and ended up thinking that having orcs was a musthave. In fact there are orcs in the previews of Hiridia Total War, but shortly after I passed to MaB I decided to elliminate that race. I thought that my 'orc' concept was too simillar to the one on The Elder Scrolls, and decided to be more original.

Instead of orcs y added the kalids, which in fact was my early concept for the Kemetrals. At the beginning I found it very difficult to decide which design to use for my Kemetrals, so I was happy to reuse the other concept for the 'orc slot'.

KALIDS, A PARTICULAR RACE

Kalids are basicly blue skinned humanoids, with black or red hair. They are fit by nature, grow (become mature) quickly, and both men and women are known for their beauty. Other important stuff: kalid males have no beard, and kalids don't age past their 30s. They don't become older. However, unlike elves, they aren't inmortal and last just like a human.

I worked an interesting culture for these guys when they were still orcs, and made it less barbaric as usual. They love fighting and going to taverns, but also have important philosophers. And though they like axes like Teutanians do, also love mazes and picks, and are well known for their longbowmen.

These kalids remind me, from your description, of the blue people from Azurik: Rise of Perathia , a video game by Microsoft Game Studios. Wasn't very successful but I think that the people in it, minus the red hair, match the outline you gave us.

And its interesting to know that you are the author of the Hiridia Books, these mods seem a great way to get the word around. I'll see if I cant get one later.

Also quick question, and I know this will bring some eye rolls, but could a human player hook up with an elven princess if they wanted to do an Aragon King character or will there be barriers to inter species relationships? Marriage is still important (I couldnt possibly run a kingdom without a wife) but how will that work in Hiridia: Ungovernable lands is something I wonder.

Trying to score yourself an elvish princess are ye?

Hiriadia sounds intresting, I'm a fantasy fan so I'll check out your books, and this mod, whenever it gets released.

Back
Top Bottom