SP Fantasy [WB] Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's an idea for you:

Since you can't have Ramin Djawadi's awesome soundtrack to HBO's Game of Thrones (because of yaddy yaddy ya copyright stuff), you could include a music text file for people that own the soundtrack. The idea comes from the Total War mod, and here's how they did it...

Now having copied those music files, you alas are not finished, for you see Medieval 2 cannot handle spaces in titles, and there we have "Main Title.mp3". The following is the way I determined to be the fastest (and I explored a fair few renaming methods) .

1 - Order the soundtrack files by Track Number in Windows Explorer. If installing both Soundtracks, they may get mixed together, so best to sort them in two different folders.

2 - Right-click Track 1: "Main Title.mp3" and select: Rename.

3 - Type "1", press "Tab", you are now renaming Track 2, rename this to "2" and press "Tab". Now shockingly you name Track 3, "3" and then press "Tab".

4 - REPEAT, if "Finale" is not renamed "29" you did something wrong  Check the image below. If you are also installing season 2, numbering continues, with "The Throne is Mine" as Track 30 and the last track, "Three Blasts" as Track 49. If you are further installing season 3, numbering continues, skipping Main Title again, so "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" is Track 50 and finally "For the Realm" is Track 67.

So all you'd need is a separate download for the text file which you'd need to prepare. You could "ship" the mod without music in the first place, to make the download size smaller (always a bonus)

yup ive being busy with RL work and fambo. wont be long before i can start something new. 2 weeks is not that long haha.

The mod is still in development, I am been doing coding a lot these last weeks. The troops are almost done and the mod shall be released within the next months. I will make a update next week with a video preview. :smile:)

Just wanted to say great work to all involved on this mod, everything looks amazing and I can't wait to see the mod in action! I'd also like to say thank you simply for never giving up on the mod even when there are only a few people working on it at a time. Excellent work guys, I think in a few months you will all have a much deserved break! :smile:

Yay for release prediction! :grin:

I'm really interested in this mod. It seems to be very carefully and seriously made. I've been thinking if I could help you. I'm not that familiar with Mount and Blade module system, but I'm a skilled programmer and I'm good with Python, though I'd like to experience the mod first before anything.

This mod would be the great game ever.
But i think it wouldn't come out because the game is to big.
So how can you end a game if there is always something to make it better.

Well done fooks

I had some real life troubles and with that school exams and stuff, but I was still working on this mod, coding mostly. Now I will continue again working on it like before.
Does anyone know a good game video capture program with video editor and that kind of stuff that doesn't make video files with 20 GB size? I am to lazy to convert it and edit it and do that kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom