SP Fantasy [WB] Echoes of a Bygone Age - Help Needed! (Formerly: Shattered Empire)

Users who are viewing this thread

The ammo seems a bit excessive, but maybe that's just me. Even if you reduced it to like 50 it'd be fine. Not so much from a realism perspective; I think realism should always be subservient to fun, personally. More from the whole "not having troops stand at 300 meters and fire at each other for an hour every time you start a battle." It's possible that having melee infantry in the mix fixes that, except then I can't imagine everyone needing like 100 rounds. Just a thought.

And I'm guessing giving Wehrhilm steampunk power armor is right out.

mgb519 said:
The ammo seems a bit excessive, but maybe that's just me. Even if you reduced it to like 50 it'd be fine. Not so much from a realism perspective; I think realism should always be subservient to fun, personally. More from the whole "not having troops stand at 300 meters and fire at each other for an hour every time you start a battle." It's possible that having melee infantry in the mix fixes that, except then I can't imagine everyone needing like 100 rounds. Just a thought.

And I'm guessing giving Wehrhilm steampunk power armor is right out.

That's not the normal ammo amount, the largest ammo pouch in the mod only has 50 rounds. However, I had two of them, so I had 100 rounds. There are also 30 round pouches and 15 round pouches.

Here are some screenshots of a new faction I've been working on, Daenlan.

RPtYAuw.jpg

CacRuXR.jpg

e0nJwmt.jpg

kRYVuUv.jpg

ksDxRt6.jpg

72VZqMP.jpg

vrJFXh4.jpg

rYcfeqq.jpg

Updated the main post with information on the newest faction, Daenlan. Check out the Moddb page here for a lot of screenshots of the new troops: http://www.moddb.com/mods/echoes-of-a-bygone-age

I've done quite a bit on the mod, I've added a bunch of variations to one kind of armor, and started on some mercs. Mercenaries in the mod will be a bit different than in native, as they have separate troop trees. There are multiple mercenary types, and each have a separate tree. This also means there are quite a few mercenaries available. You can find them in taverns like normal, but two separate kinds of mercenaries do not upgrade to the same thing. In a way, the mercenaries are their own factions. This also allows for some more options in terms of roleplay, as if you selected Kholkia as your birthplace you could field and entirely Kholkian mercenary army.

I've also begun work on a new faction, the Duchy of Wroszaw. There are quite a few screenshots here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/echoes-of-a-bygone-age/images

I'll be posting some here and putting up information on the new faction in the near future.

Recently I've been doing quite a bit of work on one of the mercenary groups, the Imperial Remnant. These mercenaries are descended from the last soldiers of the Old Empire and use their equipment. I went through quite a few different designs for their equipment, until settling on this:

R9R1xv7.jpg

SZZqFsl.jpg

SDY7OoT.jpg

PXyl4s3.jpg

DWRpxZP.jpg

kJ55bDs.jpg

meKjMgY.jpg

LCAf2Xn.jpg

XYa3db9.jpg

1vQbo7n.jpg

1LXgjPj.jpg

sZJpVNz.jpg

Q9epNbp.jpg

I'm thinking a bit of having these guys be a faction rather than a mercenary group, but I'm not decided yet.

So, recently I've felt a bit as though I've been neglecting this thread, as I promised I'd be putting up updates here and then later moving them over to moddb, but it's been kind of the opposite. So, I've decided to put up some stuff here first, and whenever I finish the next thing I'm working on it will be here first too. But, more on that in a bit.

I decided to to go back to the faction I made first for the mod, the Kingdom of Aurelia, and improve them. I ended up deciding to completely redo their equipment, as I felt what they had before wasn't really as good as I'd like. I'll still be using some of that equipment though. The new equipment is mostly from Narfs Men at arms pack, though some of the helmet are from others packs just using the coifs from the men at arms pack, which are really good. I'm very happy with the result, and I'll definitely using the coifs for more helmets.

The troops shown are the 2nd-4th troops in the infantry troop line for Aurelia. I did not get any pictures of the recruits as they look the same as before.

I didn't get different pictures for each tier of troop for the archer line, but here's a simple rundown of the different archers:

The ones with peasant clothes are Aurelian Hunters
The ones with aketons are Aurelian Archers
The ones with Brigandines are Aurelian Sharpshooters

Here are some pictures of the new equipment for Aurelia:

HPWURHw.jpg

D1JJOh1.jpg

rOKCWaz.jpg

LIH8Tab.jpg

I wanted the Aurelian troops to have more of a medieval look about them, and I felt that the troops didn't really have that before. I also elected to be rid of the Gondor armor that the Infantry used, as I don't really want to use Lord of the Rings stuff, and it was also a bit silly to have it on only the fourth troop in the troop tree...especially given that I had made that armor really strong.

The stuff I'll be showing off next will likely be some new bandits, as that's what I've started working on. I'll also be working on some models of my own, but whether I show them off or even include them at all depends on if they don't turn out to be terrible.

That's some quality! I would eagerly follow this.
1 city per faction is all good, just try not to overstretch yourself by doing that many troops.

In my last little update I mentioned that I'd begun work on the bandits that will appear in the mod. Bandits in the mod will be a bit tougher than in native and will have some better equipment, depending on the kind of bandit anyways. There are also going to be some more special bandit parties roaming around, that will be very tough to take on. Currently I've completed two different kinds of bandits. Firstly, the easiest to fight and the most basic, the Brigands.

6otSu59.jpg

LRdxDPf.jpg

In these turbulent times many have turned to banditry to make money, whether by choice or forced by bad luck. These men are not skilled fighters, and do not have great equipment. Those who have been around longer have some slightly better equipment, but they still lack proper skill in fighting. These groups are led most commonly by "captains" who are the most veteran and skilled men in the brigand parties.

Secondly, the very difficult Forteaux Raiding Parties.

2ShdQYI.jpg

Fkg7UhE.jpg

iNIK05T.jpg

(The crossbowmens helmets are messed up a bit, I'll get a picture of them with the proper helms soon enough.)

Forteaux is a powerful kingdom on the peninsula south of Impartara, and have long been landing in Impartara to raid and attempt to conquer. Corwell has been impacted most by Forteaux, and the two have developed a fierce rivalry. The raiders have also had an impact on the culture of Corwell, as many raiders choose to stay instead of returning home, and integrated into corwellish society. Forteaux raiding parties are formidable foes, strong enough to even contend with particularly weak lords.

These parties will be something a player should only consider facing once they have a good sized force of well trained soldiers, as otherwise they will likely see their forces crushed.

I've also been working on a couple other smaller things, including some new troops that might be mercenaries...I've not actually decided exactly how I want to implement them yet. These troops are fairly generic, not being tied to any faction, and not having any uniform colors.

MamgzgF.jpg
(they're the ones in this picture with the plain wooded pavise shields.)

I've also made it so that farmers have a wider range of clothing they wear:
k1RrWOA.jpg

Quite a minor thing, but it looks a lot better than the native farmers.

Next update I'll be showing off a new faction, and a map of the world this all takes place in, so the geography I keep going on about makes a bit more sense.

Michadr said:
So will you add new features or just stick to new factions/ troops?

There are going to be new features in addition to the factions/troops and whatnot.

FortTell said:
Those (ERE-influenced?) guys are fire! Esp. the upgraded version with oval shields.

Yup, these guys were heavily influenced by the ERE. Speaking of those guys, I've made some more of them that I've yet to show here in this thread, so here's some more:

C85HMI6.jpg

kxpbZdr.jpg

DtIfFgV.jpg

xmo6tHD.jpg

qvfXfTW.jpg

PYOdmHg.jpg

Also, I've been working on some more of the troops for Vericia, who I started on pretty early on but kind of abandoned.

GHOg7eu.jpg

l1aN6pJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom