SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

Best of luck with this Jakub, looks awesome and totally original. I've been hoping for a long time to stumble across 2 mods - basically this (prehistoricky-ish civilisation) and a post-apocalyptic mod, like 'before and after' eras, in a sense.

I wonder when "post-apocalyptic" started meaning "with zombies", though. But I guess I shouldn't derail a thread about a prehistoric mod with my lassitude of seeing zombies everywhere. :p

I tried out the old (broken) Dawn of Man beta module and it got me pretty excited about this new edition; if it's of any help, I'd happily spell/grammer check and/or write new dialogues and descriptions etc., or anything else that requires lots of drudgery and little skill, if it helps speed things up Jakub.  :grin:

0boU0PO.png

Gigantic version: http://i.imgur.com/ZODWUjB.png

Cat tax.
catIS6_469x311.jpg

SomeHairyGuy said:
Best of luck with this Jakub, looks awesome and totally original. I've been hoping for a long time to stumble across 2 mods - basically this (prehistoricky-ish civilisation) and a post-apocalyptic mod, like 'before and after' eras, in a sense.

Thanks man and just go an play Rust, it exactly matches the description :grin:

Jordan_The_Noble said:
0boU0PO.png

Gigantic version: http://i.imgur.com/ZODWUjB.png

Cat tax.
catIS6_469x311.jpg

This is great, thanks! I'm using it as the title and main icon of the mod, thanks again! :grin:

Red River said:
....be a dinosaur hunter and sell what you loot or perhaps be a dinosaur tamer and bring dinos to your local livestock trader...
Dinosaurs, really?
BTW, I voted no for giants!
keep up the good work, keep it real :wink:

Yes, dinosaurs, i don't even care about history anymore, at the end of the day it is meant to be fun not historically accurate! :grin:

Check out the new poll guys. I am working on a quick video showing the progress, not a trailer or anything for now, don't wet you pants just yet however everything is going at full steam now that i have 3 months of nothing, no school, no work. Currently i am working on some custom map icons, i will post a picture later. I have decided to use a mod named Tocan's Calradia as my base, many of you most probably are surprised that i am not using Brytenwalda, Floris or Native Extended however i have my reasons such as simply the comfort of the development commands, the integration of the Outposts! mod, salt mines etc. Everything is alreay converted and i am working on top of Tocan's Calradia, this was a difficult thing to do, to scrap my whole progress and switch to a basemod however it has already avoided me developing bald patches on my head and in the long run, it will be MUCH easier to do... anything basically, so yeah, thanks for sticking about!

TheVideoGameInn said:
Dinosaurs are horrendously cliché and boring.

Not if they are done right.

Say you are sleeping and then a dinosaur comes by. You may have to chook spear at him to die. Of course it would be boring if there were 50 dinasaurs coming at you at once.

The Mighty McLovin said:
TheVideoGameInn said:
Dinosaurs are horrendously cliché and boring.

Not if they are done right.

Say you are sleeping and then a dinosaur comes by. You may have to chook spear at him to die. Of course it would be boring if there were 50 dinasaurs coming at you at once.

I totally agree here, i am still (kind of) aiming for a historical setting rather than fantasy. I my self wouldn't want armies of dinosaurs, this will only be top tier troops for one of the factions.

By the way, here is a picture of the icons that i was talking about, i went a bit lazy with the town and just added another cave however you people expect something better for the Beta 2.0 release.
fFq0Ook.png

Icons look great, perhaps make the Village one a bit smaller or the Town one  a bit bigger.
I'll definitely be following this mod. :smile:

The Mighty McLovin said:
Icons look great, perhaps make the Village one a bit smaller or the Town one  a bit bigger.
I'll definitely be following this mod. :smile:

Yeah it already is like that, it's just not as visible due to the lack of floor, i will add some rocks around the town and village and some more props.

SomeHairyGuy said:
Alright, those map icons have gotten me excited again...

Well i'm glad haha!

I am currently working on some other map icons for the sapiens and desert tribes, as soon as that's out of the way, i will FINALLY have a look at starting making some troop trees! :smile:

Yeah personally, seeing as this will (likely) be the only pre-historical mod for Warband, I'd prefer it to be without dinosaurs, undead or stuff like that. Really go for the "primitive tribes" feel, with smaller number of troops, having to fend off beasts, etc. Prehistory has enough scary animals (like Sabertooth Tiger) without the need for dinosaurs. Haven't answered the new poll for this reason - an invasion of ultra-strong units doesn't exactly fit what I'm talking about anyway, my only answer would be "scrap it entirely".
But then again, obviously I'm not the author so I'm just giving my two cents, and I suppose I'm in the minoryt as far as the "No invasion is better" part at least.

Back
Top Bottom