SP Other [WB][Anim]Combat Animation Compilation: 9-13: Mod in "sleep". PM me if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manfred von Scarlet said:
Modders can be such prissy nerds about things.
You obviously haven't made something then had it stolen.
It is the Taleworld's forum policy, and it is a good one - no "prissy nerds" nor "ignorant people calling other people nerds" invented it. If you want to question the policy, take it with the admins.

sir_arvondor said:
MadVader said:
You should try making something on your own instead. Like new combat animations.
I'm a compiler, not an animator
That's a lame self-designation. Don't you want to make something original and useful?
I suggest you throw out Kengeki's animations and release. Then grab a tutorial for making animations and amaze the world with crazy new stuff.

making a blog with this project and just link to it elsewhere, have nothing to do with this forum,
Then how will anyone find it if it's on some ****hole blog?

Kengeki is a dead mod. Hell, the ''remake'' that was under construction is dead now too.
It's not the mod that I need, it's the people who made the mod.

MadVader said:
I suggest you throw out Kengeki's animations and release.
How many times must I explain myself? "Read the ****ing thread before you ****ing post!" :twisted:

And listen guys, I'm trying to be polite, but I'm reaching my limit. If you have something that will actually be of help to me, please say so, otherwise get lost, I don't need people coming here just to tell me what to do. Sorry.

MadVader said:
It is the Taleworld's forum policy, and it is a good one - no "prissy nerds" nor "ignorant people calling other people nerds" invented it. If you want to question the policy, take it with the admins.

sir_arvondor said:
MadVader said:
You should try making something on your own instead. Like new combat animations.
That's a lame self-designation. Don't you want to make something original and useful?
I suggest you throw out Kengeki's animations and release. Then grab a tutorial for making animations and amaze the world with crazy new stuff.

It's hardly ignorant to call someone pissy and fragile if they would throw a fit after being gone for a long time and, despite being credited, would throw a hissy fit over their work being used in a nice project.

I mod myself and I would find such a reaction ridiculous. Arvie isn't creating his own mod or calling it his own. He's just being a middleman for the resources of others. Nothing is stopping anyone from combining the animation on their own in the first place. He's just saving us labour and providing easy access to resources that are already open to anyone. He has every permission required save one and it belongs to someone who is long gone and doesn't likely care.

MadVader said:

sir_arvondor said:
MadVader said:
It's hardly ignorant to call someone pissy and fragile if they would throw a fit after being gone for a long time and, despite being credited, would throw a hissy fit over their work being used in a nice project.

I mod myself and I would find such a reaction ridiculous. Arvie isn't creating his own mod or calling it his own. He's just being a middleman for the resources of others. Nothing is stopping anyone from combining the animation on their own in the first place. He's just saving us labour and providing easy access to resources that are already open to anyone. He has every permission required save one and it belongs to someone who is long gone and doesn't likely care.
Nobody is entitled to peddle someone else's property without permission.
Some modders who don't make OSPs, and only work on their own mods, want their mods to be unique and special. They don't want the best, original parts of their work to be used in every other mod. You can't assume permission is given.
The forum is littered with debates like this (about piracy and open source), so I'll stop here. If the concept of intellectual property is not something you know and like, debates are useless.

sir_arvondor said:
making a blog with this project and just link to it elsewhere, have nothing to do with this forum,
Then how will anyone find it if it's on some ****hole blog?

Kengeki is a dead mod. Hell, the ''remake'' that was under construction is dead now too.
It's not the mod that I need, it's the people who made the mod.
MadVader said:
I suggest you throw out Kengeki's animations and release.
How many times must I explain myself? "Read the ****ing thread before you ****ing post!" :twisted:

And listen guys, I'm trying to be polite, but I'm reaching my limit. If you have something that will actually be of help to me, please say so, otherwise get lost, I don't need people coming here just to tell me what to do. Sorry.
Saying "****ing" and "get lost" isn't polite.
Also, it's pretty good and rational advice you are getting, you just need to calm down and think it over.

@MadVader: You're right, debating is useless, and I do not intend to release the Kengeki animations without permission, on this site or any other.

MadVader said:
Saying "****ing" and "get lost" isn't polite.
Also, it's pretty good and rational advice you are getting, you just need to calm down and think it over.
I get what you are saying, but I'm asking everyone to please stop telling me to make a Kengeki-free version of the mod, I understand your reasons for telling me to do this, but I have explained my reasons for not wanting to do that multiple times, and with all respect, I'm sick of re-explaining my reasons. I have said that I may make a Kengeki-free version at some point, but don't expect it anytime soon, so as we say in America,"chill out". :smile:

UPDATE(Sort of):I found and tried to contact someone a few days ago who, I had hoped, might have some contact info on Yuias, but he has not responded to my email, so, unless he has not checked his email in a week, either I didn't send the email correctly(damn), or he just ignored it/canned it :evil:

New update: Volunteer(s) needed to make a proper trailer, and possibly do some closed testing on the mod itself. Please post here or send me a PM or email if you wish to help. Thank you!} As of 9/20/2012

EDIT: Also: Calling all artists! If you like the idea behind this mod and want to help, I need people with artistic skill to make some proper banners/sigs for this mod. Please post here or send me a PM or email if you wish to help. Thank you!} As of 10/1/2012

Tomorrow is two months since first announcement! Guys, c'mon, I can still use your help! Any information related to Yuias is welcomed, and volunteer(s) are still needed (See above post for details)!

It so happens that I can't, as I don't have permission yet. (duh.) However, I've been trying to reach a compromise with the moderators that might allow me to release the compilation. We will have to see how well that goes.

In his credits,Toasticuss says Dain Ironfoot made the animations for Kengeki Gaiden.Even if you'd contact Toasticuss you have to ask for Dain's permission,as they are his propriety.Try to contact him.

EDIT: I would like "The Veiled Stars" Pike holding animation.
rg9bO.jpg

When I first went about getting the necessary permissions to release the compilation, I sent an email to Toasticuss requesting permission to use the Kengeki animation, and he said that I would have to contact Yuias to get permission. I told him I couldn't find anyone in the memberlist by that username, he said he couldn't either. And here we are.

Well I'll be damned, I just read the Kengeki credits, and just as you said, I found this line: "Dain Ironfoot for his amazing animations". Thank you for pointing this out, I'll have to speak to Toasticuss and get the full story about what's going on here.

@Pike Anim: From the screenshot, I'd say it looks doable, but I haven't done this sort of thing in several months, and I'm really bogged down with school right now. Do you have a link to the mod? If it checks out, and I have the time, I might try, but with my schedule I'm afraid I can't promise anything. 

sir_arvondor said:
When I first went about getting the necessary permissions to release the compilation, I sent an email to Toasticuss requesting permission to use the Kengeki animation, and he said that I would have to contact Yuias to get permission. I told him I couldn't find anyone in the memberlist by that username, he said he couldn't either. And here we are.

Well I'll be damned, I just read the Kengeki credits, and just as you said, I found this line: "Dain Ironfoot for his amazing animations". Thank you for pointing this out, I'll have to speak to Toasticuss and get the full story about what's going on here.

@Pike Anim: From the screenshot, I'd say it looks doable, but I haven't done this sort of thing in several months, and I'm really bogged down with school right now. Do you have a link to the mod? If it checks out, and I have the time, I might try, but with my schedule I'm afraid I can't promise anything.

Mod isn't released:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,248986.0.html
,so you'll just have to ask Jarvisimo for permision.

You know, if the mod hasn't even been released yet, don't you think it would be more polite if we let Jarvisimo release it first? I don't want to take away his spotlight. Let's let him release it first, and then, with his permission, maybe I can add his animation(s) to the compilation.

And by mod you mean an animation collection from other people that any modder can put together in less than an hour? Maybe you should look for a greater challenge and doing original work if you are after fleeting internet fame, which seems the primary motivation here?
This is like buying a set of IKEA chairs, putting them together and proudly announcing to the world that you succeeded. With videos and photos of the feat on Facebook! :smile:
Not to mention creating the silly drama about not being able to contact one of the primary authors for permission, trying to get the public to help you in that endeavor and failing to rationally deal with that problem. Instead bumping a thread that is useless for months. 'Tis shameful, "Sir".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom