Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Yes !

Votes: 65 86.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Modder223 said:
Derpingtonpryce said:
ElPadrino said:
A little information : I french friend who help me on the mod. He have already 3 pages of research about 3 country for era 1860's. I can't say to him :" Please your work is old change all !".

Well it won't all be useless, to be honest the only thing you have to change if you set this in 1970 is a few leaders, the North German Confederation, and a few weapons. It's only a five year difference.
uh u mean 1870?

Oops, yeah.

I think 1860 is a good period for this mod. Cause Europe were still "in construction", Germany were not unified, even Italy, alliances were not so evident...
Of course franco-Pussian war is nice but in fact if you start in 1860, things could be different and what is intersting in M&B?
It's to play the "what if...".

Edit : And you can still try to unite Germany to do the 1870's war (or waiting for a patch that will automatically unite it).

It is getting to the point where it might be best to say sod it, and use artistic licence and state it is a late Victorian themed mod than it being 100% accurate.

SeanBeansShako said:
It is getting to the point where it might be best to say sod it, and use artistic licence and state it is a late Victorian themed mod than it being 100% accurate.
I think so too.
Include the stuff you want, why restrict yourself with the pros and cons of this or that decade when you can use the best of them both.

Hi, everyone. The poll isn't explicit.
With an advice from a team mate I decide to keep the work on 1860AD. Later I'll make a "patch" to translate it in 1870AD.

Thanks  :smile:

ElPadrino said:
With an advice from a team mate I decide to keep the work on 1860AD. Later I'll make a "patch" to translate it in 1870AD.

Well it is your mod so I guess we'll have to deal with it. Can't wait to see the Austrians get their asses handed to them.

Derpingtonpryce said:
ElPadrino said:

Well it is your mod so I guess we'll have to deal with it. Can't wait to see the Austrians get their asses handed to them.

They had the better cannon in that battle though :wink:.

SeanBeansShako said:
Derpingtonpryce said:
ElPadrino said:

They had the better cannon in that battle though :wink:.

Muzzle-loaders vs. breech-loaders, no contest.

You could try asking the 1860's Old America team for resources. I bet they have something if you don't feel like modeling.

Swissky said:
You could try asking the 1860's Old America team for resources. I bet they have something if you don't feel like modeling.

Doubt it, it's mostly American stuff and the quality is somewhat dubious. The only usable stuff would probably be just some rifles and revolvers.

Derpingtonpryce said:
Swissky said:

Doubt it, it's mostly American stuff and the quality is somewhat dubious. The only usable stuff would probably be just some rifles and revolvers.
true also the reloading for rifles and revolvers in 1860 old america is weird it like the characters arm enlarges then bends weirdly but the rifles and revolvers in that mod arent really of that quality personally

Clagius said:
This looks quite interesting. :shock:

You could ask "Blood and Iron" mod for some models!
I think he got the permission to use the guns from there!  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom