SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Nameless Warrior said:
Right now one of the things I am doing is trying to fix that script error/s that pop up every now and again. Are players still getting that?
Sometimes, it's really rare for me.

Regarding mercenary units, I am not sure how possible is this kind of thing (like with anything, to be honest) but I've always felt like it would be way cooler if Mercenary units had something like neutral places where you can recruit them in bigger groups than the 3-5 the taverns allow, like having a Chaos Dwarf campment in some border spot or a "Cultist circle" where you can make sacrifice for some bloodletter troops, and so on. I think it would be way better than spotting a gorebull on the tavern chilling on the corner.

Also, I know how hard is to make mounts as enemies, many mods make it a nightmare to deal with by making the rider invisible because you end up with ghosts chasing you, a really hard deal.
Anyway, good luck, I love this mod and I am excited to see how you guys move on with it.

Nameless Warrior said:
Right now one of the things I am doing is trying to fix that script error/s that pop up every now and again. Are players still getting that?

Yes, but after having played so many mods on Warband, I came to think that it's a Freelancer related error, as it appears only in mods using the Freelancer mod.

About making centigors,
I think it may be possible to give the model invisible legs and position it on the mount.
I also remember someone in "full invasion 2 mod" made a script so when the horse dies, so does the unit.

Only problem is having units dismount

In honour of the new, excellent Chaos models, I am going back through the Chaos locations to spruce them up.

Askreved and Goslor will have an authentic marauder village feel:

Askreved2.jpg

The village trophy tree:

Askreved.jpg

Mt Vanir now has an authentic Chaos fortress on the inside. It towers above the marauder town, and hosts a glowing Chaos Gate at its peak.

mtvanir1.jpg

Mt Vanir under siege:

mtvanir2.jpg

A smaller Chaos Gate can be found inside the Mt Vanir castle:

mtvanir3.jpg

What unimaginable Chaos horrors lie beyond the gate? Do you dare enter?

mtvanir4.jpg

Nameless Warrior said:
Undefeated factions bug:

I had forgotten about this one. Do you get the "faction is defeated screen" and yet there are still lords?

Dialogues:

I know this is an issue, I watched a lets play yesterday and a chaos lord started talking like Mr Darcy. I really want to sort this out but it will be a long task as I would need to add scripts to differentiate between different faction speakers (I have looked at how it works and right now it just differentiates by personality) and add in extra speech for every outcome for every speech option. I will get to it but right now I am concentrating on other things. That will probably be something for a release or two down the line. A quicker fix may be to make all the Chaos, dark elf and skaven lords have the negative personalities when the game is generated. i will look into how that would work.

I've never even seen a faction become "defeated" in Warsword actually. I waited for a few weeks iirc and the Empire still had every single one of its lords, despite not a single fief. I stopped playing eventually because one-man raiding parties respawning all the time made the game insufferable to me.

As for dialogues, the problem is that "negative" personalities in M&B tend to punish the king because they're always disgruntled and nagging him for fiefs. That's probably why some lords are always either good or bad in Vanilla, to ensure that one kingdom doesn't have either much better or much worse than the others. (e.g. Meriga is always bad-tempered and Plais is always sadistic, and I think Delinard is always good)
A middle-ground would be to use the martial/calculating personalities instead of the truly bad ones, at least they would not talk about honors and stuff, but they wouldn't put Archaeon in a worse position than his enemies.

fantastic work yet again! did someone speak of magic ingame i.e castable stuff? ive seen such a thing in another mod and the mechanic seems to work, but if mages and such become hireable from inns and the like you end up with units of spellcasters all stood on hills looking like a harry potter chorus line. and the battlefield resembles a ww2 artillery barrage!

Just a n idea, but since beastmen are becoming it's own faction, you could add a new unit for taverns in the north.
k'daai fireborn would be a good choice, since the chaos dwarves and they look like lava sand wraiths.

Nameless Warrior said:
Dialogues:

I know this is an issue, I watched a lets play yesterday and a chaos lord started talking like Mr Darcy. I really want to sort this out but it will be a long task as I would need to add scripts to differentiate between different faction speakers (I have looked at how it works and right now it just differentiates by personality) and add in extra speech for every outcome for every speech option. I will get to it but right now I am concentrating on other things. That will probably be something for a release or two down the line. A quicker fix may be to make all the Chaos, dark elf and skaven lords have the negative personalities when the game is generated. i will look into how that would work.

[...]

I think it's still a common issue to see the script errors.

About the dialogues, you can always crowdsource the texts themselves. For example, I got no clue about modding, and I don't think I'm able to get into it for now, but I could definitely write up some versions of specific dialogues that you need 'translated' to Skaven or Chaos or whatever. I'm sure many of us here could contribute with that, as long as it's plausible and makes for less work, not more, for you.

Thanks Echtel. Karaz a Karak will always be my favourite street and castle scene. I'm not sure if its in the current public version.

Echtel said:
Jargon is DA man!!  :party:

Fabulous scenes as always, though I have to say nothing beats the dwarven towns IMO  :fruity:

JargonDarot said:
Thanks Echtel. Karaz a Karak will always be my favourite street and castle scene. I'm not sure if its in the current public version.

Echtel said:
Jargon is DA man!!  :party:

Fabulous scenes as always, though I have to say nothing beats the dwarven towns IMO  :fruity:

Yes it is :wink:

mb61.jpg

Hi, sorry for barging in on this magnificent long thread. I just recently discovered there was such a thing as a Warhammer fantasy mod for M&B Warband.
I have a couple of question which I would be very grateful if you would answer. All of you in this thread a probably many thousand times more acomplished on a computer then me so for you its probably stupid questions, but I still hope you can find it in you to help me out :smile:

1. I downloaded the file from Nexus.
Is this still valid as the best file? (The most updated).
2. I am not sure how to mount it. Didnt manage to find a file in the download for M&B so I guess i have to get the M&B game seperatly. (I have it stashed on one of my external hard drives, just have to find it). I will probably mess around with it untill I figure it out. If not I would be very grateful if one of you nice fellows could provide me with a simple noob friendly guide to mount it properly with the existing game.

Have a nice night further on and keep up the good work :smile:
Cheers!
-K-

Kalerith said:
Hi, sorry for barging in on this magnificent long thread. I just recently discovered there was such a thing as a Warhammer fantasy mod for M&B Warband.
I have a couple of question which I would be very grateful if you would answer. All of you in this thread a probably many thousand times more acomplished on a computer then me so for you its probably stupid questions, but I still hope you can find it in you to help me out :smile:

2. I am not sure how to mount it. Didnt manage to find a file in the download for M&B so I guess i have to get the M&B game seperatly. (I have it stashed on one of my external hard drives, just have to find it). I will probably mess around with it untill I figure it out. If not I would be very grateful if one of you nice fellows could provide me with a simple noob friendly guide to mount it properly with the existing game.

Cheers!
-K-

Hi Kalerith,

first of all you have to download the BETA version and the Bugfix, which you're going to install later. Here's what you have to do:

- Download the BETA version (current one), unrar the folder and you should obtain a "master" Warsword Conquest folder with another Warsword Conquest folder inside that has all the other folders like Data, Sounds, Textures, ecc.

- Take this last Warsword Conquest folder and put it into the Modules folder inside of your Mount & Blade Warband directory.

- Download the Bugfix, unrar it, select all the files inside it and copy them INSIDE the Warsword Conquest folder you just put into the Modules folder of your game's directory.

- Start M&B Warband and when the starting window shows up select "Warsword Conquest" from the modules dropdown menu (the one where you can read "Native" or every other module you've installed)

- Final and most important step: Have fun!! :grin:

That's all you need to know about how to install the mod, if you'll need something else just ask :wink:

i have to say,the interior of skavenblight gobsmacked me the first time i saw it! might i also suggest birgerjarls submod as an addon to any new install? he should be able to link you to the latest version.

Wendek said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Undefeated factions bug:

I had forgotten about this one. Do you get the "faction is defeated screen" and yet there are still lords?

Dialogues:

I've never even seen a faction become "defeated" in Warsword actually.

So did you see a lord defeated on the map when the faction has no fiefs and yet they reappeared? If so are they reappearing in a castle/town of a faction which they are on good terms with?

polloio said:
Kalerith said:

Cheers!
-K-

Hi Kalerith,

first of all you have to download the BETA version and the Bugfix, which you're going to install later. Here's what you have to do:

- Download the BETA version (current one), unrar the folder and you should obtain a "master" Warsword Conquest folder with another Warsword Conquest folder inside that has all the other folders like Data, Sounds, Textures, ecc.

- Take this last Warsword Conquest folder and put it into the Modules folder inside of your Mount & Blade Warband directory.

- Download the Bugfix, unrar it, select all the files inside it and copy them INSIDE the Warsword Conquest folder you just put into the Modules folder of your game's directory.

- Start M&B Warband and when the starting window shows up select "Warsword Conquest" from the modules dropdown menu (the one where you can read "Native" or every other module you've installed)

- Final and most important step: Have fun!! :grin:

That's all you need to know about how to install the mod, if you'll need something else just ask :wink:

*cough* ... and download my sub-mod from my signature, extract the simple_triggers.txt and replace the current one in your install to fix the never-ending truce bug *end cough*  :shifty:

Nameless Warrior said:
Wendek said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Undefeated factions bug:

Dialogues:

I've never even seen a faction become "defeated" in Warsword actually.

So did you see a lord defeated on the map when the faction has no fiefs and yet they reappeared? If so are they reappearing in a castle/town of a faction which they are on good terms with?

Can't remember precisely sorry, but I'm pretty sure I never saw them "spawn" myself. I just know that I ended up fighting the same lord something like three times in a relatively short time, as he seemed to always come back to my village to loot it. So I suppose he didn't spawn too far off from it (it was near Middenheim iirc). The Empire was pretty much at war with everyone in that game, so I doubt he reappeared in a fief of a faction they were on good terms with, as those would have been extremely far. (off the top of my head, they were at war with Skavens (us), Brettonia, Chaos,  Dwaves and Orcs. Yeah it didn't take that long to see the Empire become ashes in that game)

I played only once to that point, but in one game an orc faction lost every fiefs and some orc bosses were just standing near some mountain waiting and waiting and waiting. And some probably just tried to loot villages (alone) as I remember.

Back
Top Bottom