Warbants

Users who are viewing this thread

Were Red's actions really terrible enough to be suspended for two matches? Out of Seven matches in the season?

After all the matches we play together one of our best players is suspended, for one offense and not just one match but Two? Out of Seven!?

Two

out

of

Seven!

Yes I am upset.

Danate said:
Were Red's actions really terrible enough to be suspended for two matches? Out of Seven matches in the season?

After all the matches we play together one of our best players is suspended, for one offense and not just one match but Two? Out of Seven!?

Two

out

of

Seven!

Yes I am upset.

Yes, absolutely. Keep in mind, this isn't the first time he broke this rule. He was given a warning and decided to ignore it.

Racial slurs during matches will not be tolerated. If you should be pissed at anyone, it should be him.

Arys said:
Danate said:

Two

out

of

Seven!

Yes I am upset.

Yes, absolutely. Keep in mind, this isn't the first time he broke this rule. He was given a warning and decided to ignore it.

Racial slurs during matches will not be tolerated. If you should be pissed at anyone, it should be him.

Understandable absolutely. But wasn't it after the match was classified as "over"?

Either way our team just needs to step it up regardless for these last two, important matches. :wink: Thanks for reading Arys haha.

Arys said:
Danate said:

Two

out

of

Seven!

Yes I am upset.

There's like three black people who play na, and two of them are in tsb.
Who exactly was he offending?

fengay said:
Arys said:
Danate said:

Two

out

of

Seven!

Yes I am upset.

There's like three black people who play na, and two of them are in tsb.
Who exactly was he offending?
Anyone who's a decent person.

I understand being suspended when trying to make the tourney official and what not but Two matches back to back that we truly need to win desperately and now without by far our best cavalry.

Did i mention two out of seven matches :wink:

It is after all just a video game. If people get extremely upset over things such as these they need to get out more. World is not a friendly place.

Yes, we received complaints. This is not the first time this tournament we've received complaints from different teams about this player. Nor was that the only incident that scrim, all of them are documented. If he wants to play, he can grow up and smarten up. Otherwise, he'll keep taking longer breaks. We're trying to give people a fun environment to play in. Not one where they're forced to put up with harassment from some, seemingly, punk kid.

Keep in mind that we reminded everyone before the tourney began that we'd be extra hard on these kind of infractions this time around. Nobody should be surprised.

Rules are clear, warnings were give. Rules were broken yet again and punishment given.

ClockWise said:
we'd be extra hard on these kind of infractions this time around.

I clocked 5:01 minutes and we didn't gain a round before the match started one time  :roll:

It just seems kinda odd as that their are only two matches left this season he is suspended from both of them. I understand one but the two last one? Possibly our last matches unless we pull some insane comeback into the playoffs.

I don't know seems just kinda one sided. I also feel as if the complaints aren't to the direct issue but to the player itself. But not much to do but to win these next two matches without him.

You should be happy for how things turned out Can you honestly say that you are comfortable playing with someone who likes to troll and badmouth his opponents, for example by using racistic slurs? I don't see how such a player is good for even his own team's morale, no matter how skilled.

He as a person got what was coming to him.
It is correct however that his team needs him. You guys need to put some pressure on him to not act like a douche, otherwise he's going to keep screwing you guys over by making you rely on his skill while being vanned every time he decides to be autistic.

This is the way that we have always gotten rid of dumbasses in this forum and in this game. They learn or they leave.

Rallix said:

:shock:

And no i' not happy on how things turned out.

Two out of seven competitive matches seems to much imo. It's ridiculous but at least he is honest in front of his opponents faces :wink:.

It doesn't matter now, were just gonna step up and show you all who we truly are.

This issue was discussed extensively in the last UNAC and this one. If you're still not getting in line after the warnings and discussion, then that's on you.

The admin is unified in this decision. You can argue it all you want, but it will get you nowhere. The decision was made and won't be reassessed.

To preface this, I don't think people should be using racial slurs and overly offensive language during matches.

This UNAC has been pretty disappointing overall. Let's see how many things went wrong:
- All the decisions for maps were made by a small, closed group of people in a Teamspeak. From the sounds of it, it wasn't very successful consider that many of the team leaders did not like certain maps, yet they are still in the tourney. (Naval Outpost is garbage)
- The tournament style was a complete failure. We were told it would be a swiss system, and it is everything that a swiss system is not.
- The rules are only being followed when it benefits someone's agenda. If the player is well-liked enough, they get off easy. If anyone in Blacktide were to say something against the rules, I guarantee they wouldn't even be warned.
- The lack of limits on roster are ridiculous. 60 of the 70 people on Blacktide's roster get to say they won yet another UNAC simply because they're on the team.
- The one time I offer to help shoutcast a match, I spend an entire set reading complaints from people about how horrible the stream is, and how bad a job we're doing. Super.

It seems pointless for anyone to care about this UNAC, which is truly disappointing when I was excited to play in a tourney after starting playing near the end of UNAC 4. Knowing that this is the last UNAC makes it even more disappointing. What a way to end it, hmm?

Back
Top Bottom