Warband tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

DrSane

me and a friend made a great POP video tutorial for begginners, can u guys watch and support us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaCWq2RPhc&feature=plcp&context=C3758216UDOEgsToPDskLfyKqXRhcurPG8qaD2ij42

let's see :

-1    because you didn't add Prophesy of Pendor in the title :grin:... sry...

..... there is a lot of background noise there ... I had to rise up the volume to properly hear that Tom guy and the noise was quite irritating ... try to record with a different microphone and adjust the volume...(Also close the windows :razz:)

+1 for the name of the character in the video :smile:

it was a nice video ... I would be great if you guys can make short videos(3-4 minutes) about each type of quest... how to get them and how to complete them, specific things that exists in this mod... some of them might be considered spoilers ... but anyway ....

I'm waiting for more videos !!! If you get enough of them you might convince the admins to create a sticky thread with Video Tutorials.

Regards ! 

Wow, thx, we'll take that advice on board, we'll make them shorter with the highlights

just a suggestion ... for example ..
Tutorial on Quest - Bandits in the Village ..
Quest Receive :
- from the village - show dialog
- from the lord - show dialog
- from the farmer in the tavern - show dialog
How to complete it :
- show how you train the peasants and how you defeat the bandits
Reward :
- what kind of reward ...show ...
- other rewards that can be taken ... refusing the payment from the peasants will give you honor .. etc ... show ... explain .. etc...

Have fun :smile:

okay, quick tutorial done by tom for basic combat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkiuZkKlb0&context=C3d37245ADOEgsToPDskKimwAHv354tTO6hbFeWDXP

DrSane said:
okay, quick tutorial done by tom for basic combat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkiuZkKlb0&context=C3d37245ADOEgsToPDskKimwAHv354tTO6hbFeWDXP

+1 for adding PoP into the title
+100 for the arrow to the knee joke :grin: :grin:

Hi there, I am also new to PoP (so hi!) but I have been doing game videos for a while for other strategy related games.
It is great that you are putting the time into making videos, there are many who want them but don't have the time or energy to do them, yet love to watch them (ironic I know).

Just a few tips for improving the quality of your (or Tom's) videos.
Frame rates, you need these, crave these, want as many as you can get. So turn down in game graphics, lower resolution, or buy better hardware to get them. Smooth Game-Play with lower graphics is better than Choppy or stuttering Game-Play with Awesome high graphics. Especially in tutorial type videos you don't need advanced sunbeams or every tree casting a shadow when your talking about swinging a club.

Most people use FRAPS to record games, so I will assume this also. In settings record at either 33 or 40 frames if you can still play with smooth game-play, around 35 consistent frames in game while recording. The reason is that when you upload to youtube and they Encode the video it will be forced to a reduced Frames format (might be 2:cool:. Keeping the recording a little higher will give the encoding some wiggle room to keep the game-play in the video nice and smooth.

If you don't already look into self Encoding software you should look :razz: . I use FRAPS to record raw audio and video files, and then use MeGIU to encode the files. So I can take a 1 gig FRAPS recording and encode it to a measly 70 Megabyte file. Its not hard once you get a couple done but there is some learning process.

I really support the Video creation community for things like Lets Plays, Tutorials, and Shout-casts so give me a PM if you want some help or more information.

Hemectu said:
Hi there, I am also new to PoP (so hi!) but I have been doing game videos for a while for other strategy related games.
It is great that you are putting the time into making videos, there are many who want them but don't have the time or energy to do them, yet love to watch them (ironic I know).

Just a few tips for improving the quality of your (or Tom's) videos.
Frame rates, you need these, crave these, want as many as you can get. So turn down in game graphics, lower resolution, or buy better hardware to get them. Smooth Game-Play with lower graphics is better than Choppy or stuttering Game-Play with Awesome high graphics. Especially in tutorial type videos you don't need advanced sunbeams or every tree casting a shadow when your talking about swinging a club.

Most people use FRAPS to record games, so I will assume this also. In settings record at either 33 or 40 frames if you can still play with smooth game-play, around 35 consistent frames in game while recording. The reason is that when you upload to youtube and they Encode the video it will be forced to a reduced Frames format (might be 2:cool:. Keeping the recording a little higher will give the encoding some wiggle room to keep the game-play in the video nice and smooth.

If you don't already look into self Encoding software you should look :razz: . I use FRAPS to record raw audio and video files, and then use MeGIU to encode the files. So I can take a 1 gig FRAPS recording and encode it to a measly 70 Megabyte file. Its not hard once you get a couple done but there is some learning process.

I really support the Video creation community for things like Lets Plays, Tutorials, and Shout-casts so give me a PM if you want some help or more information.

they are increasing up the videos on purpose I think ...

Fantastic videos. Will definitely be watching for more from you guys.

Not really. Real tutorial videos would be good.

Back
Top Bottom