WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ManofHonor-

Did you try any (or all) of these things:

Did you download the Warband update V 1.134, install it, and then install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134?

Reduce corpses and ragdolls to a very low number or even 0
Switch from DX9 to DX 7
When you start Warband go to Configure - Video - Check the box which says "Load Textures on Demand"
When you start Warband go to Configure - Advanced - UNcheck the box which says "Force Single Threading"
Reduce Battle Sizer to under 150 per battle if you are using it then gradually inch up the numbers until you hit crash level

When the game loads go to "Options" - Reduce shadow quality to "low" & reduce texture quality to "low" & shader quality to "Medium" & Grass Density to 50% & Realistic shadows on plants to either quick or none & Tree detail to medium

If you have HDR enabled, disable it

Eliminate unnecessary programs running in the background

Check that your video and audio drivers are up to date

Memory can indeed be an issue - the game's use of your ATI memory, as Treebeard explained in the ATI guide.

This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems: (9th time posted links in this thread)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

If you have not tried any of the above, I'd suggest trying some of these solutions.  Many people posting in this thread have had similar issues which were corrected by one or a combination of the above.  Don't dismiss a solution just because you think it has no relation to your problem - it may well have, but you will never find out unless you try a few.

Ryuk said:
When I sent Lethaldiran on spy mission he informs me that he will gather information on Noldrons but when he gets back he gives me info about the Sarleon.

That is because Lethaldiran is exiled from the Noldor - remember his backstory? - but he knows a lot about Sarleon, since the Noldor roam about not far from Laria and fight Sarleon troops.  He has also been a professional assassins to a number of Pendor lords and knows how to unobtrusively pick up gossip and information.  This is not a bug, except the part where he says he is spying on the Noldor, but he should instead say "Sarleon."  I'm afraid fixing this one won't get super high on the priorities fix list yet, but I've noted it for Treebeard when he has time.

Hey Guys,

I know you're probably hard at work or relaxing which naturally is well deserved, but wanna point out that the Lords just staying in the castle is a pretty serious, and I dare say almost game-breaking bug you got here. Not sure if there's any progress to this, but right now I'm up to 10 Lords of the Empire (it was only 4 before) that are just sitting around doing nothing. (And they all have over 120 troops in their party) If you need anything that can help pinpoint this issue, like perhaps my saved game (which not sure if that will make a difference, but perhaps it may), then please let me know. I even tried suggesting a course of action, but that didn't work either, so those guys are just literally stuck it seems. Whatever the case, I just hope this issue is one of more important issues that is being looked at overall.

Still having a blast, even if most my lords are doing nothing at the moment, lol. Kind of praying that maybe if a faction sieges the town or castle and takes it, that it sorta of unstucks them, but it seems the people left out to take the brunt of the fighting for The Empire are actually not doing a bad job ironically and I'm helping a good chunk too where possible, hehe.. So I can only imagine if The Empire had 10 more lords to work with here it would be very interesting...

Please don't take offense, just kind of really trying to stress this bug, so that it can be one of the major "to do" on your tasks list if possible, so we can see a fix soon I hope for this. :smile:

mp84 said:
Hey Guys,

I know you're probably hard at work or relaxing which naturally is well deserved, but wanna point out that the Lords just staying in the castle is a pretty serious, and I dare say almost game-breaking bug you got here. Not sure if there's any progress to this, but right now I'm up to 10 Lords of the Empire (it was only 4 before) that are just sitting around doing nothing. (And they all have over 120 troops in their party) If you need anything that can help pinpoint this issue, like perhaps my saved game (which not sure if that will make a difference, but perhaps it may), then please let me know. I even tried suggesting a course of action, but that didn't work either, so those guys are just literally stuck it seems. Whatever the case, I just hope this issue is one of more important issues that is being looked at overall.

Still having a blast, even if most my lords are doing nothing at the moment, lol. Kind of praying that maybe if a faction sieges the town or castle and takes it, that it sorta of unstucks them, but it seems the people left out to take the brunt of the fighting for The Empire are actually not doing a bad job ironically and I'm helping a good chunk too where possible, hehe.. So I can only imagine if The Empire had 10 more lords to work with here it would be very interesting...

Please don't take offense, just kind of really trying to stress this bug, so that it can be one of the major "to do" on your tasks list if possible, so we can see a fix soon I hope for this. :smile:

This is the top priority bug at the moment.
Did you get an OP Code Error before this happened or did it just happen without an OP Code.

The generals who are passive, are they in the company of the Empire Marshal?
There is a Taleworlds issue with Marshals in the script named decide_faction_ai
Sometimes the Marshal ID is -1 and that  triggers the OP Code error and then likely the rest of the script is not run and you'll get a campaign AI that is not doing anything with the marshal and the marshal supporter lords.

We have added error handling on that now but it may or may not fix the issue. In any case, if you could gather more info on this bug especially if it seems to affect the Marshal and his followers, then that would be good.

Treebeard said:
This is the top priority bug at the moment.
Did you get an OP Code Error before this happened or did it just happen without an OP Code.

There is a Taleworlds issue with Marshals in the script named decide_faction_ai
Sometimes the Marshal ID is -1 and that  triggers the OP Code error and then likely the rest of the script is not run and you'll get a campaign AI that is not doing anything with the marshal and the marshal supporter lords.

We have added error handling on that now but it may or may not fix the issue. In any case, if you could gather more info on this bug especially if it seems to affect the Marshal and his followers, then that would be good.

I have never noticed an OP Error ID yet, so it defiantly happened without one, but also keep in mind in my game Lords of the same faction are stuck in 2 separate towns and not with the Marshal at all, in fact the Marshal was actually very active and was in fact leading the charge in going after Enemy Castles with what Lords weren't stuck, but now he just got captured.  . At the moment, there are 10 total Lords with this inactive stuck of saying "Need to retreat to Town, etc.." but in 2 different Towns, 4 Lords are in Janos (including the Ruler of Empire) and 6 lords are now in Ethos with the same inactive stuck and now a new marshal needs to be selected..

I also think some Lords of D'Shar are stuck too in Singal, but it's rather difficult for me to check that at the moment since D'shar just declared war with Empire, but I'll see if I can sneak my way there. I do wonder, if can somehow kite some Lords towards the Empire towns that some Lords are stuck in, that perhaps, it may trigger them to get outside the castle and attack them, but haven't tested this yet though.

Hope this helps in terms of identifying the problem, perhaps maybe when a new marshal is selected that can unstuck everyone, but I'm not sure since he hasn't picked one yet.

mp84 said:
I also think some Lords of D'Shar are stuck too in Singal, but it's rather difficult for me to check that at the moment since D'shar just declared war with Empire, but I'll see if I can sneak my way there. I do wonder, if can somehow kite some Lords towards the Empire towns that some Lords are stuck in, that perhaps, it may trigger them to get outside the castle and attack them, but haven't tested this yet though.

Well, I can confirm that taking your units near an enemy castle that previously had Lords stuck, does unstick them. Since in my Game I had D'Shar lords stuck in Singal, and when I came near there they all came out to get me.. Then went back to the town after running around a bit, and noticed no Lords were there. Also, it seems it can have the opposite effect to, I was able to kite an enemy to a Empire Castle, and that drew out the Lord of that Empire Castle, and it unstuck him as well. The problem is, kitting an enemy all the way to Ethos or Janos is almost impossible as they keep on retreating, after a certain point. Is there some kind of cheat I can use to accomplish this somehow without breaking the achievements or anything like that?, lol..

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
@ManofHonor-

Did you download the Warband update V 1.134, install it, and then install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134?

Switch from DX9 to DX 7
When you start Warband go to Configure - Video - Check the box which says "Load Textures on Demand"
When you start Warband go to Configure - Advanced - UNcheck the box which says "Force Single Threading"
Reduce Battle Sizer to under 150 per battle if you are using it then gradually inch up the numbers until you hit crash level

When the game loads go to "Options" - Reduce shadow quality to "low" & reduce texture quality to "low" & shader quality to "Medium" & Grass Density to 50% & Realistic shadows on plants to either quick or none & Tree detail to medium

Memory can indeed be an issue - the game's use of your ATI memory, as Treebeard explained in the ATI guide.

This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems: (9th time posted links in this thread)

If you have not tried any of the above, I'd suggest trying some of these solutions.  Many people posting in this thread have had similar issues which were corrected by one or a combination of the above.  Don't dismiss a solution just because you think it has no relation to your problem - it may well have, but you will never find out unless you try a few.

Already tried most of the stuff mentioned, with no difference, but the fixes in the first link have gotten me 4 hours crash free so far!

Looks like its all good now,

Thanks Fawzia

Another update on the stuck lords:

It looks like it's a global issue, as Lords in Ravernstern are also stuck too in their respective castles and towns.. (I counted about 10 as well) If you need me to check anything else in my game just let me know.

Curious, what if I revert POP back to 3.2, even though WB is updated 3.34 (Since there's no way I can revert to 3.32, as I brought the game through Impulse and re-downloading it will give me the latest version again) it could probably still work right? As I really enjoy the mod and honestly I'd rather play with the Village Steward bug, then with this bug, lol.. :wink: I mean I'll probably just test it out tomorrow for the hell of it and just backup my POP folder, but just curious anyway..

@ManofHonor-

Switch from DX9 to DX 7

Sorry to say that but it didn't helped me... However, with that guide for writing something in CMD (bcdedit) --> It don't even want to be accepted, it says its incorrect or something.. It looks like its for Windows Vista, not 7 :sad:

That is because Lethaldiran is exiled from the Noldor - remember his backstory? - but he knows a lot about Sarleon, since the Noldor roam about not far from Laria and fight Sarleon troops.  He has also been a professional assassins to a number of Pendor lords and knows how to unobtrusively pick up gossip and information.  This is not a bug, except the part where he says he is spying on the Noldor, but he should instead say "Sarleon."  I'm afraid fixing this one won't get super high on the priorities fix list yet, but I've noted it for Treebeard when he has time.
I was't sure with part of the Lethaldiran spy  quest was a bug so I just described the whole story. This is really a minor issue but reporting such things is a part of my duty as a PoP player.

Treebeard said:
I didn't notice.

Treebeard said:
At  the first time it happened to all lords who accompanied the marshal. Changing  the marshal didn't solve the problem.
Later on, it happened with two more groups. I'm not sure if they were the ones that accompanied the new marshals but it is possible that they were.

Hi, I'm suffering from some serious runtime errors.

Spec:
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2244MB/3200MB
-- CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (AuthenticAMD)
- L1 cache size: 64K
- L2 cache size: 512K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 HTT 3DNow! Ex3DNow! MmxExt
- Number of CPUs: 4 ( Speed: ~3406MHz / ~3406MHz / ~3406MHz / ~3406MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: atiumdag.dll / Description: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
- Texture Memory: 2360 ( Available Texture Memory: 2345 )

Error:

"Runtime Error!

Program: Filepath\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support for more information"

Happening: nearly everywhere, during battles, after battles, while joining battles, while entering citys, the inventory, taverns, even while traveling, sometimes it tooks hours to take place and sometimes i cant even play 5 minutes in a row, Vanilla-Warband and PoP 3.0 for Native Mount and Blade doesnt shows the Problem.
No matter if DX9 or 7, huge battlesize, small battlesize, full shadows, no shadows, etc mostly taking place while joining a battle or leaving a battle

Same problem as ManOfHonor but none of the threads above could help

Hello, well I can't even get the game to get as far as the main menu. Here is what I have done:

Downloaded POP 3.2, extracted and copyed the folder over to my wb moduels folder so its in the same place as the "native" folder. Extrated the pop32_patch_1a files straight into the POP folder and over wrote a few files while doing it. Selected POP as my module on the splash screen.

When the game starts loading it gets to loading the loading screen with the load bar and half way through crashs saying:

"unable to open file: commonres\fur_armors_a_brf"

My system is most certainly caperble of handling wb also:

q6600 overclocked @ 3.2ghz
Nvidia 285GTX
4gb ram

Any help would be appreciated as I really want to get into this.

:EDIT:

Oh and I run w7 64bit

Oroberus said:
Hi, I'm suffering from some serious runtime errors.

I have had the same problem. For example the game crashed every time I do "Take a look around..." in Rane.
But after lowering Texture Detail to a certain level it didn't crash anymore. Try that if you haven't.
Try 89%, then 79%, then 69%, and so on

Posting the same things yet again, for the last time - PLEASE AT LEAST GLANCE THROUGH THE THREAD TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO YOUR PROBLEMS and only post if you have FIRST tried some or of all the suggestions listed below and they did not work.  Please THEN list your equipment, OS, etc. and also what solutions you tried!

We are aware that there is a problem for some Steam version users - switch to the CD or download Warband versions.

Did you install the Warband upgrade V 1.134 and then install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134?

Switch from DX9 to DX 7

This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems: (10th time posted links in this thread)

If you have not tried any and/or all of the above suggestions, I'd suggest trying some of these solutions.  Many people posting in this thread have had similar issues which were corrected by one or a combination of the above.  Don't dismiss a solution just because you think it has no relation to your problem - it may well have, but you will never find out unless you try a few.

@Dhowlett: You probably have a corrupt download of either PoP 3, Warband or Warband V 1.132 or a corrupt file somewhere.

If you did not do it already, download Warband V 1.134.  Then reinstall PoP V 3.2 in its modules folder.  THEN install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134.  There is nothing wrong with the texture in question, so something is corrupt somewhere.  If you still have a problem, redownload PoP 3, Warband, V 3.2 after uninstalling it from the modules folder and put in the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134.

You did not mention whether or not you have installed any additional mods in Warband or done any file tweaking or file editing in either Warband or PoP 3.  If you did, that may cause the problem.

mp84 said:
Another update on the stuck lords:

It looks like it's a global issue, as Lords in Ravernstern are also stuck too in their respective castles and towns.. (I counted about 10 as well) If you need me to check anything else in my game just let me know.

Curious, what if I revert POP back to 3.2, even though WB is updated 3.34 (Since there's no way I can revert to 3.32, as I brought the game through Impulse and re-downloading it will give me the latest version again) it could probably still work right? As I really enjoy the mod and honestly I'd rather play with the Village Steward bug, then with this bug, lol.. :wink: I mean I'll probably just test it out tomorrow for the hell of it and just backup my POP folder, but just curious anyway..

Yes, try using the released unpatched version, because Taleworlds have made changes in the campaign AI behavior between 1.132 and 1.134.
After you have installed the release version (you don't need to overwrite your current patched POP, instead you rename your current patched Prophesy of Pendor 3.2 and then the installer will create the Prohesy of Pendor 3.2 without overwriting your patched version).

You'll need to start a new game in the unpatched version to check the AI behavior though.

mp84 said:
Just wondering, do they eventually come out of this funk and start traveling? Since it seems really weird that the Marious Imperator (misspelling I know, lol), with his 282 ready to go still feels like sitting in Janos.. Also I play with Vicky off, so not sure if that helps in terms of trying to pinpoint what the problem is.

Vicky is strictly combat VI for the battle field and is not correlated to the Campaign Map AI. Was this an issue in the unpatched version? If you didn't have it in the unpatched version (and can prove it), then it has been introduced by Taleworlds new 1.134 patch (- perhaps in combination with something else in POP).

Treebeard said:
Vicky is strictly combat VI for the battle field and is not correlated to the Campaign Map AI. Was this an issue in the unpatched version? If you didn't have it in the unpatched version (and can prove it), then it has been introduced by Taleworlds new 1.134 patch (- perhaps in combination with something else in POP).

I never noticed this in my unpatched version of POP 3.2 that was running with 1.132 at the time.. I'll do as you suggested though since I got  a lot of time today and rename my current patched POP 3.2 and go with an unpatched POP version to see if the problem is there, but since I'll still be using 1.134 it may be specific to 1.134 as you said if it happens again during an unpatched version of POP 3.2. SO all report back later today to see the results, but also I don't know if 1.134 made changes to the campaign AI, unless the game scripting changes they did had something to do with it, if it helps here are the patch notes for 1.134:

Gameplay:

- Rhodok Sharpshooters' ironflesh skill has been decreased.
- Sarranid infantry & archers now have jarids added to their inventory.
- Some other minor game balances.

Fixes:

- Numerous game bugs of all shapes and sizes have been squashed.
- Minor fixes to scripting files.
- Some collision issues fixed.
- Some operations for modders are now "fully operational".

Other:

- Plenty of new operations and features have been added to aid our amazing mod community.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar, You already posted that guide few times, and nobody seems to be happy, it looks like the problem is in something other -> Even LOWEST options didn't helped. And to make it sure: Other mods and native don't crash. I even turned off Desktop effects like AERO and tried lunch with support of WIN XP with SP 3. Still crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom