Vikingr 0.80 [Full .exe Uploaded]

Users who are viewing this thread

Raegenhere said:
sure. you will get to that start window, where you can select the module with the dropdown menu.

Just don't load up native or any other module and switch through clicking a vikingr server. That feature is kind of messed up.

Well, all the usually populated servers are on .80, and .80 doesn't won't work, and I've no idea why. .73 works perfectly fine though. All the Vikingr servers are on my favorites list, so I don't load native or anything to get to Vikingr servers. Again, If any computer wiz can help me, any suggestion is helpful.

Knave24 said:
Raegenhere said:
sure. you will get to that start window, where you can select the module with the dropdown menu.

Just don't load up native or any other module and switch through clicking a vikingr server. That feature is kind of messed up.

Well, all the usually populated servers are on .80, and .80 doesn't won't work, and I've no idea why. .73 works perfectly fine though. All the Vikingr servers are on my favorites list, so I don't load native or anything to get to Vikingr servers. Again, If any computer wiz can help me, any suggestion is helpful.
just to be sure:
So you do see the new vikingr menu background, right?
2011-04-08_00001.jpg
Have you renamed your folder to "Vikingr 0.80"?

There is too ways to load up a mod. Either choose it through the dropdown menu right on startup, this is what you should do.
m%26b.JPG
or by trying to connect to a server that is running another mod that is in your modules folder, then your are asked if you wanted to switch. That second method seems bugged, don't ever rely on it.

The only way the games "identifies" a mod and therefore allowing you to join a server, is the folder name. Module name is always the same as the folder name. Theorectically you could rename your native folder to whatever mods name and would be still able to join, but you would get countless error messages and missing models, at the least. Most likely it would crash, depindimng on how sophisticated the mod is.

So from the error message you described i'm guessing you have the folder name wrong.

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't rename the folder xD I guess in my rush to slay countless enemies (not really) I forgot to change the names.

i tryed to înstall 0.80 2 times , i even reinstalled  first 0.73  very new and then did the unpacking in the folder, renamed it and
it dont works, the Mount&Blade .exe is crashing when i try to connect to the Einherjar server
i can load  the mod and all, but  the moment when i want to connect *crash* and in the background is playing that "goose sound loop" i could shout im so annoyed.
any ideas what that could be? i was also trying many many many diffrent M&B settings  in video and audio, but no chance  :sad:

Lower everything in Video settings, EVERYTHING, Textures, shadows, etc.

Zah said:

the strange thing is, the Crpg mod for example or native works perfect even with highest settings :sad:
i try a 3rd  installatrion, by first unpack  the  files in a seperate folder and then  overwrite the old 0.73 version. i hope this helps

OOODIIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA said:
Zah said:

the strange thing is, the Crpg mod for example or native works perfect even with highest settings :sad:
i try a 3rd  installatrion, by first unpack  the  files in a seperate folder and then  overwrite the old 0.73 version. i hope this helps

DONE: if anone has the same problem, it was, when the  videosetting is "Use Desktop Resolution" it crashed after choosing a DIffrent(!) resolution as the desktop it worked.

Im new too this mod! Downloading now and will be a proud supporter off this mod, It looks awesome! Great job!

Back
Top Bottom