Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG REPORT
1) Was in Ribe, tried to buy a trip to Dunwic. It took my money and never did anything. I wandered around the map, dealing with lag(I didn't have a laggy map until this recent fix), and went to Vebjorg to rest for a while. Every time I rested it would automatically stop the resting what seemed like at each change in time(early morning, morning, noon, etc). So I left, wandered a bit, and all of a sudden was in the Dunwic menu, exited, and I was at Dunwic on the map. I assume the game sent the ship out and forgot to bring me along with it, and when it got there it warped me over.

2) I've had some of my units fail to charge forward when commanded to, instead moving around a bit and attacking with ranged. Not sure if this was a bug, or was them ignoring my command due to morale or something.

3) There are two places named Rendlaesham in my game. (Have a screenshot, but can't post links since I'm new.

Will report more as I find them. Might start recording video if it helps with the bug squashing.

hi
am experiencing a crash every time i attempt to enter a location after i get out from healer house
i have tried many things
lowed my options
still it keeps happening i cant play
how to fix this ?

Not sure if reported but..... After defeating the vikings that attack Doccinga, when you go to retrieve your ship if you have a full army with no room for anyone else the game will be stuck in dialogue with Brunhild, no way to exit. only a restart fixes it and whatever amount of time since your last save is wasted.

Bugs so far (just sandbox)

1.) TERRIBLE FPS in battles (5-10)

2.) Recruits from villages do nothing but use slings and die, so it seems impossible for them to get enough experience to upgrade the units.

3.) Recruits from villages won't use melee

4.) Character doesn't get any attribution points

Opendome said:

2.) Recruits from villages do nothing but use slings and die, so it seems impossible for them to get enough experience to upgrade the units.

2-3. you can give them an order to use mele or stop fire at will and charge. you can lvl your troops also in your refuge with a trainer or KILL KILL and KILL..

4. wait untill lvl. 6  :lol:

I seriously belief that Viking Conquest should BUFF UP the bow damage in the very next patch.
It is ridiculous that my character has 4 points in Power Draw and do 5-10 damage to unarmored enemy with every arrow hit. On the contrary, the same enemy who THROWS stones at me causes around 25-35 damage with every hit to the BODY. This is as unrealistic as it could be - RPG or not, some basic realism should be maintained, because bow+arrows are a lot more deadly than throwing stones at someone.

Also, I can share that there are missing textures for the player's banner in battles - if you hold F1 to give order 'hold this position' you will see glowing white lightning instead of a texture.
This also happens in some villages, but instead of player's banner some random textures glow - for example house walls, fires and such. Sometimes those textures just blink for a while. Nonetheless, it is very irritating.

ALSO, the ferry animation is broken since the hotfix - instead of a ferry moving the player over rivers or seas, it shows a horse?! This definitely happen since the hotfix - before that the original animation was alright and a ferry carried the player over water, not a horse...

craftyguy said:
I've uploaded a video of graphic glitches/bugs while running the game under Linux, for anyone (I'm looking at you, developers) that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKZU_okYe4
Thank you for that. What GPU and graphics driver were you using while recording this video?

Big issue with party camping should be addressed ASAP - if the player clicks 'wait here for some time' the game takes 1000 coin from him and makes a refugee instead of a simple camping site. This happens both in sandbox and in story mode.
If the player already has a refugee, the game simply overwrites its position on the map and places it where the player currently stands instead of forcing him to demolish his old refugee first or just make a simple camp site as it was originally intended. Also, one more time the game takes 1000 coin from the player, even if he doesn't have them in his possession!
A sad irritating bug, it conflicts very much with the gameplay, especially if you have realistic rest enabled!

Not trying to be disrespectful but why the frickin hell did you release a game in such a buggy state? I even downloaded the hotfix. Here's my question, what did the hotfix actually do? Whenever I go to the Major towns I crash and it says "invalid opcode 16" or something like that. No wonder the majority of Steam users didn't recommend it. Very disappointing. I was hoping it would turn out well.

lordzionleader said:
Not trying to be disrespectful but why the frickin hell did you release a game in such a buggy state? I even downloaded the hotfix. Here's my question, what did the hotfix actually do? Whenever I go to the Major towns I crash and it says "invalid opcode 16" or something like that. No wonder the majority of Steam users didn't recommend it. Very disappointing. I was hoping it would turn out well.

You should update you Warband to the current 1.162 version to solve the opcode 16 problem. It is written everywhere in the bug section, check it out. That said, I agree some optimization is still needed.

Opendome said:

Select your troops (1-inf, 2-archers, etc). Order them to use melee weapons (using the F1-F2-F3-F4 menu options). Done.

lordzionleader said:

That means you are using the wrong version of Warband. Update your game.

stevehoos said:
Alloo said:
Imo Vikingr is better at singleplayer than Viking conquest.

There are a few things I like about VC, but Brytenwalda blows it away in almost every way.

Yeah, they should have built on Brytenwalda to create VC. I don't know how Vikingr compares to Brytenwalda though.

can any one help me with my problem ?

no one is having the ctd in every location :sad:

i have read all the comments no one seemes to have my issue :sad:

Dan11311 said:
Yeah, they should have built on Brytenwalda to create VC. I don't know how Vikingr compares to Brytenwalda though.
To be perfectly honest, I'm loving VC so far despite its obvious flaws, while for all that time it was around I couldn't get into Brytenwalda for longer than few levels.

Mustafa Korkmaz said:
craftyguy said:
I've uploaded a video of graphic glitches/bugs while running the game under Linux, for anyone (I'm looking at you, developers) that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKZU_okYe4
Thank you for that. What GPU and graphics driver were you using while recording this video?

I am using an nvidia 750ti with the 343.36 drivers

mr.playa said:
can any one help me with my problem ?

no one is having the ctd in every location :sad:

i have read all the comments no one seemes to have my issue :sad:

Sounds like a memory issue. I was having similar problems. Turning all the settings down to low helps a bit but it looks like garbage.. Especially the trees. Whoever thought the trees swaying like that was a good idea.. well.. you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom