Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
Update - This patch is now release on Steam and all other channels.

Steam hasn't updated anything for Warband. Can anyone confirm if a patch came through?

Bug Report:

When doing battles in Story mode, all enemies just back away until they are at the very end of the map and clump together still trying to back away ...

That's really embarrassing ...

Digirati said:
Thracian Warlord said:
Just for the record, GOG is still not updated with the hotfix.

GOG users: I finally found the patch, but I had to dig for it.  Check out the 3rd post here. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320264.0.html

For me, personally, I no longer experienced any crashes at all, after hours of play.  However, leaving port and heading to another location (via the 'Travel to another port' option) now shows my horse crossing the ocean, rather than aboard a ship.  Also I realized that you are using the same (male) model for the map no matter the nationality or gender.

So if you're playing a woman with long flowing locks, on the map you're a bald dude.

For everyone who can't go back just one page to read the answer I posted there.

STARik said:
Thank you kind stranger for the link.
As for map icon - consider it a player figurine, just like in all strategies (as its a strategic map and it also has a spear even if you dont have one) so no fixes required.

No worries.  Not sweating the map icon that much, either.  Except for going across the ocean as a horse. :wink:

Digirati said:
Thracian Warlord said:

GOG users: I finally found the patch, but I had to dig for it.  Check out the 3rd post here. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320264.0.html

For me, personally, I no longer experienced any crashes at all, after hours of play.  However, leaving port and heading to another location (via the 'Travel to another port' option) now shows my horse crossing the ocean, rather than aboard a ship.  Also I realized that you are using the same (male) model for the map no matter the nationality or gender.

So if you're playing a woman with long flowing locks, on the map you're a bald dude.

I got mine from GOG, but this doesn't work for me.  It says I don't have the base game and won't install.  I do have it, though.  Am I missing a step?  Thanks.

I've uploaded a video of graphic glitches/bugs while running the game under Linux, for anyone (I'm looking at you, developers) that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKZU_okYe4

I only hope someone  fixes the shocking lag on map and in battles.2.6frame rate is embarrassing . Takes bout 10 seconds for a weapon to swing, get up to 27fr on map (without toggling extra speed , then goes down to 2) and its really making it hard to enjoy the game , which apart from the lag I think is pretty awesome , especially the story line.

Noticed from the intro to the game that the background music cuts out. One of the key aspects of playing the game is to hear the soundtrack playing under the sounds of battles. I hear all the sound FXs, but it appears the song playlist is starting over and cycling through the songs at random. Likely bug.

LordJR said:
Noticed from the intro to the game that the background music cuts out. One of the key aspects of playing the game is to hear the soundtrack playing under the sounds of battles. I hear all the sound FXs, but it appears the song playlist is starting over and cycling through the songs at random. Likely bug.

That has been fixed since the 2nd hotfix.

Stylus said:
LordJR said:

That has been fixed since the 2nd hotfix.

The music only plays for a few seconds for me. Only works right in cities.

Hotfix 1 is working well for me on singleplayer.  The map lag is reduced and movement is smoother and the lag on entering and leaving towns is much better (although still noticeable).  The battles are relatively smooth too.  So far so good.  Keep up the good work with the fixes and optimizations.

Is there a second hotfix available for download at Taleworlds?

THEmoldof said:
Digirati said:
Thracian Warlord said:

I got mine from GOG, but this doesn't work for me.  It says I don't have the base game and won't install.  I do have it, though.  Am I missing a step?  Thanks.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I got that error, too, just had to change the install location to c:\GOG Games\M&BWarband\ , and use the full exe, not just the patch.

Then when I started it asked for a CD key, so I used the GOG cd key.  Once that was done, and I'd registered the game again, I applied the hotfix for Viking Conquest (making sure to double check the install directory) and then all was well.

I just encountered a game breaking bug.  (Story spoilers follow for anyone that cares)

After turning in the quest to
hold onto Dun Taruo for 30 days
, The
viking ship captain that was being tortured
approached me to ask to join my party.  When given the choice to allow him to join or not, both options put me back to the previous screen, locking me into the menu until I force the game to quit.  This makes it unplayable beyond this point in the story.

Could someone please tell me where to download the patch without Steam?

It links to me a "404" page when I try to go to the page it links me to in the MP lobby from having an outdated version.

Manual download, anyone?  :wink:

Septi said:
Could someone please tell me where to download the patch without Steam?

It links to me a "404" page when I try to go to the page it links me to in the MP lobby from having an outdated version.

Manual download, anyone?  :wink:

******************************** HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH WITHOUT STEAM ************************************

Just download the latest patch, called "Latest Patch" from here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download

[ Note: it works best from my experience if you download the full .exe (under 'Latest Version' ) and not just the patch, and make sure to point to the proper install directory. You will have to register with your CD keys using this method.]

Then install the hotfix for Viking Conquest: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_setup_1162_10_hotfix.exe

*********************************************************************************************************
Referenced from here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320264.msg7570204.html#msg7570204

PLEASE HELP!!!!! :roll:

I have tried the hotfix and I still CTD.

I know that some Warband Mods have issues with anyone who runs a 32 bit Windows OS..

Is this my problem?...I have all of the system requirements for this, but there is no mention if you need a 32 bit or a 64 bit Windows OS.

Please, please,please help...My kids are driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom