Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazingPhoenix said:
Axes are completely invisible in singleplayer, and when you go into one of the towns you get flooded with countless textures errors.  :???: This is barely scratching the surface of what im finding.

aye

Couldnt find: 'textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds'
is the first message i get.
after pressing ok it goes on with:

'textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds
'textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds

the same with rock 06 05 04 03 02

BlazingPhoenix said:
deSaul said:
Seems there is admin chat to communicate with other admins, but no chat to communicate as an admin to players on the server in a Broadcasted version, which is easy to see. (similar to NW-system)

(Unless that admin chat actually does work for everyone??)
Yea why would admins need to talk to each other ingame..... why is that even included. I hope it's to the public as when people commented about admin chat they meant about Admins being able to message  the players such as on NW, certain Native servers and many mods. so why is it hard to comprehend that was what the public meant by wanting it in the "DLC".
It's useful for admins to discuss something before taking action. Or to pass on information to an admin joining the server.
Like; Please watch player "Jericho", he was teamkilling some people before.

MaHuD said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
deSaul said:
Seems there is admin chat to communicate with other admins, but no chat to communicate as an admin to players on the server in a Broadcasted version, which is easy to see. (similar to NW-system)

Yea why would admins need to talk to each other ingame..... why is that even included. I hope it's to the public as when people commented about admin chat they meant about Admins being able to message  the players such as on NW, certain Native servers and many mods. so why is it hard to comprehend that was what the public meant by wanting it in the "DLC".
It's useful for admins to discuss something before taking action. Or to pass on information to an admin joining the server.

I feel like it should be added alongside an Admin broadcast chat.

Received this while entering Edinburgh.

Code:
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05.dds"

Also, what's with the purchase story/admin feature request posts? Let's focus on fixing what's broke first.

MaHuD said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
deSaul said:

TS. Steam. Even Skype. Why would the original admin give out the Admin PW then won't be verbally able to contact the other admins during the events etc.

kalarhan said:
Could you guys please post patch notes? It would help with our bugs reporting. Short sentences like -> fixed missing pony texture; etc
Crashes when entering or leaving towns (or villages) are fixed. If your game still crashes when entering or leaving a town, please let us know.

Zaszx said:
kalarhan said:
Could you guys please post patch notes? It would help with our bugs reporting. Short sentences like -> fixed missing pony texture; etc
Crashes when entering or leaving towns (or villages) are fixed. If your game still crashes when entering or leaving a town, please let us know.
We need the full patch notes will be very easy to focus the fixed stuffs then. If not we came back to the same history of the unfinish and infinite list of reclamations....

Zaszx said:
kalarhan said:

Mine does, after four minutes of playing I got an RGL error when trying to enter Lundenwic by sea. This never happened to me before.

LaggyWolf said:
Received this while entering Edinburgh.

Code:
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_spec.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_normal.dds" 
rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05.dds"

Also, what's with the purchase story/admin feature request posts? Let's focus on fixing what's broke first.

+1

also when i entered edinburgh. Entering Caer Caradawg (keep near edinburgh) gives me no such messages, bebbanburgh neither.

Enbee said:
Stylus said:
Really just want the axes to be fixed so I can continue to at least try to play.

This. Any chance of another hotfix soon?
Annn just go to beta and put NONE and then go play the first version agian with axes.... JC try to help not to cry more!

I got the following RGL warnings upon hosting a multiplayer battle only with myself (the map was Saxon village I think):
Code:
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_spec.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_normal.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_spec.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_normal.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_spec.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_normal.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_spec.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_normal.dds"
Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06.dds"
So it doesn't only happen when entering certain towns in SP. The invisible axe has already been mentioned too.

Is the main menu updated in any way to confirm that you are running the hotfix?

I believe that I am since I downloaded it, restarted steam, and Warband has [Beta] next to its name.

I encountered the same issue with the axes as the others, but more importantly the leaving Friese with Brunhild quest is still broken and still impossible to progress the story. You no longer get unlimited relation points with her from clicking to continue her dialogue, but you still cant continue the dialogue.

Anyway I have faith in you guys :smile:

EDIT: After searching the forums someone said that having a full party is what causes the Brunhild dialogue to get stuck. Just tested and making room worked for me. Some new dialogue or something needs to be added if the player has a full party. For example maybe the player says in response to him/herself. "I don't think that ship would hold all of my men and a new party member. (Make sure you have a free slot in your army.)"
Send the player back to the map to make room, then upon returning to the scene continue and complete the dialogue. Hopefully adding a new message from Brunhild acknowledging that the player left and came back.

Or all that is too much work and there's a way to make an exception for an NPC so having a full party doesn't matter.

Everything worked just fine (only one CTD since yesterday) until I installed the hotfix's beta, now everytime I enter a city (from the world map) my game crashes and I get : couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds"

Also I noticed before installing the hotfix that most of the horses doesn't have textures (they're all white) atleast when I see them at the merchant.

Otherwise your game is great, I feel realy sorry for you that some people are upset about it. I'm sure you're gonna fix it. Cheer up guys !

nacholoko16 said:
Enbee said:
Stylus said:
Really just want the axes to be fixed so I can continue to at least try to play.

Annn just go to beta and put NONE and then go play the first version agian with axes.... JC try to help not to cry more!

Try reading. I've been putting bug reports in all over this thread and the tech support forum. Nobody is crying except you, kid.

This is a blind hunt we need a patch notes urgently.

Enbee said:
nacholoko16 said:
Enbee said:
Stylus said:

Try reading. I've been putting bug reports in all over this thread and the tech support forum. Nobody is crying except you, kid.
Yeah yeah fella send me a PM then we discuss the case.

nacholoko16 said:
This is a blind hunt we need a patch notes urgently.

Enbee said:
nacholoko16 said:
Enbee said:
Stylus said:

Yeah yeah fella send me a PM then we discuss the case.

There's nothing to discuss. Recognize you're wrong and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom