[V0.10]Custom civ and settlements

Users who are viewing this thread

Adding specific broad range faction economy knowledge. This will give a sum of money every 24 hours, with a bonus if the closest town or village if of the proper faction.
So, for example, "Nord Economy" Knowledge will give you 40-60 denars every 24 hours, with a 50 percent bonus if the closest town or village at the time of the check is a nord T or V.
Figures are of course subject to change depending on feedback/balance.

Rigale is a great mod and definitely deserves and needs more attention than this sir. 

I love the settlement idea. What about an option about setting your settlements "culture". I know that it is nearly impossible to make it appear as a new village belongs to a faction, but this is not what I mean, it's just the "culture".

Like, you are a Sarranid emir, apart from the generic custom civ units, you can be able to select the settlement's culture to "Sarranid". You will be able to recruit Sarranid troops from there. After constructing "training grounds" you may be able to recruit upgraded units of Sarranid faction. 

Or, if you establish your settlement in Rhodok lands, you can be able to make it belong to Rhodok culture, in Swadia, Swadian culture and so on... 

Sounds very feasible, needs to be digged, without any promises.

However, the whole knowledge feature interest, IMHO, is to allow you to create YOUR very own civilisation/faction. Like the Antifiriz civilisation, because this civilisation/faction would be determined by its knowledge, and the knowledge would allow you to create what you want (special troops, special buildings...)
You may have noticed that when you discover a knowledge, another one is randomly discarded, this assuring no game can ever be the same, knowledge Wise.
And the various knowledge allow you to create very diverse troops, that are knowledge dependant.

Bit of a bug: All troop types are unlocked as soon as the settlement is created (limited by potential recruits, of course).  I'm guessing they were suppose to be limited by knowledge/buildings?  :razz:

Well, I'll just enjoy recruiting the occasional knight at 10 gold until this bug is fixed...

Also: I'd suggest a somewhat more detailed promotion track for the custom units.  For the more basic troops (peasants, warriors), it would probably represent battle salvage.  So for instance, elite peasants would have swords and metal armor among their possible equipment, along with all the basic peasant crap.  Thus, some elite peasants would field better weapons and armor, but many wouldn't, as it would be random.

For the more elite troops, such as knights, two distinct trees might be fun, such as Dawn Knights (Maces/hammers, shields, and platemail) and Dark Knights (standard knight equips plus crossbows guaranteed).

Of course, it's a balance between letting the custom troops get better while still keeping the settlement troops distinct by knowledge/building.

Bug: Settlers are broken.  I can create them easy enough, but I can't add them back to a settlement.  Keep getting "No settlers in party".  Even though I got the troop type settler from another settlement, and they have the right name and all.

Bit of a bug: All troop types are unlocked as soon as the settlement is created (limited by potential recruits, of course).  I'm guessing they were suppose to be limited by knowledge/buildings?

Very good guess, fixed in V0.11

Also: I'd suggest a somewhat more detailed promotion track for the custom units.  For the more basic troops (peasants, warriors), it would probably represent battle salvage.  So for instance, elite peasants would have swords and metal armor among their possible equipment, along with all the basic peasant crap.  Thus, some elite peasants would field better weapons and armor, but many wouldn't, as it would be random.

Sounds good, but not on my immediate to do list.
Bug: Settlers are broken.  I can create them easy enough, but I can't add them back to a settlement.  Keep getting "No settlers in party".  Even though I got the troop type settler from another settlement, and they have the right name and all.

Thanks a lot for this report, I will dig this.

I want to create simpler settlement feature:
Settlement would be defined by:
Size: Tiny;small;average;big;huge. Would aimpact the amount of things produced in the settlement, and available constructible space.
Growth: a % of some sort.
Health: Terrible; very bad; average; good; excellent. Health would impact growth (a lot), hapiness (some amount), and production (a little bit).
Happiness: Open revolt; terrible; bad; average; good, great. Would impact growth (a lot), and production (a lot).

A settlement would make some stuff available to the player:
Gold (a certain amount produced every days, and a certain amount can be stored)
Research points (same as gold)
Recruits (a certain amount would be trained every weeks, a certain amount could be kept ready for recruitment).
The player could recover these things when he visits the settlement.

Player actions:
Set up politics:
He would chose a certain area, that would gain a bonus, when the player is not here. for example: emphasis on growth, economy, happiness, whatever...
Recruit: he could recruit available troops.
Build:
Only the player could chose to construct specific buildings, that would improve some part of the settlement: barracks to store more recruits, banks to store more gold, and so on. Buildings would require available space (dependant on the settlement size), and would cost money (and maybe time).

What do you think ? Much simpler than the first system.

Back
Top Bottom