Víkingarnir á Jamtalandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings of Jamtaland

vikings_of_einherjar_by_vikingar-d356kpd.jpg

In the dark days after fleeing from Haraldr hárfagri and the Kingdom of Norway, the Vikings that took refuge in Jamtaland were poor, broken, and disheartened. They found the path of peace was not for them; hunting, farming, just barely getting by. Soon they began finding work as Mercenaries. Beware of the Beasts from Jamtaland, a band of oppressed, pissed off Vikings; just waiting to be set loose.

Recruiting

If you are interested in joining please feel free to add me on steam, my username is Rustedglass2, or send me a pm on here. Battle after battle inevitably causes our numbers to dwindle, we're always looking for those fit to fight. Keep in mind, we are a North American based bunch, but accept anyone.

Take a moment and fill out this application.

1) In-game name:
2) Age:
3) Do you have TS3 and a working microphone?:
4) What timezone are you in?:
5) Are you willing to take up an Old Norse name?:
6) Your steam name (if you have one):

Warriors

Our small band consists of these renowned Vikingar,

Kveld-Úlfr Jarl - Armed with his mighty single-edged sword, Vidirhrafn
Bjorn - Wielding his fear-inducing Huscarl Sword, Hneitir
Sven - With his gleaming Gaddhjalt, Fjôrsváfi
Olafr
Vali

Thanks everyone for looking, and please don't be too upset with my overactive imagination  :smile:
If you see any errors in translation, please let me know!

Excellent! The first North American Vikingr clan!
I'm not quite sure about the use of "Víkingarnir", I believe it means "the vikings", you would be missing something in "Víkingarnir Jämtland".
I think you should use the older name for Jämtland (which is Swedish), being "Jamtaland", meaning that your proper name would be: "Víkingarnir Jamtalands" (I think)! = The Vikings of Jamtaland.

Good luck, and long live the republic of Jamtaland!  :eek:

EDIT: You could also use: "Víkingarnir á Jamtalandi" ... I'm not quite sure which is best; maybe Éadríc the Philologist can help us here?

Dansk viking said:
Excellent! The first North American Vikingr clan!
I'm not quite sure about the use of "Víkingarnir", I believe it means "the vikings", you would be missing something in "Víkingarnir Jämtland".
I think you should use the older name for Jämtland (which is Swedish), being "Jamtaland", meaning that your proper name would be: "Víkingarnir Jamtalands" (I think)! = The Vikings of Jamtaland.

Good luck, and long live the republic of Jamtaland!  :eek:

Thank you very much for the help, it's quite appreciated!

UlfrTheMighty said:
Greetings fellow vikings from The JómsVíkingar !  :grin:

Hail, and gratitude from the men of Jamtaland!

My grandfather is from Jämtland. His father claimed that we are descended from Mr. Fairhair. Seeing as how Mr. Fairhair had a ridiculous amount of children, it is definitely possible, although no proof has been found and is highly unlikely to be found either.

Had I not already been a proud Fyrning, I would have taken my place by your side without hesitation, but know that my spirit shall always stand by your side, brave Vidirhrafn, and, lest your purposes cross those of the Fyrnings, it would be an honour and a pleasure to send our shared foes to feast in Valhalla.

Aklis said:
My grandfather is from Jämtland. His father claimed that we are descended from Mr. Fairhair. Seeing as how Mr. Fairhair had a ridiculous amount of children, it is definitely possible, although no proof has been found and is highly unlikely to be found either.

Had I not already been a proud Fyrning, I would have taken my place by your side without hesitation, but know that my spirit shall always stand by your side, brave Vidirhrafn, and, lest your purposes cross those of the Fyrnings, it would be an honour and a pleasure to send our shared foes to feast in Valhalla.

Completely understandable, my friend, praise be to you and the mighty Fyrnings! I long for nothing more than to fight side by side with you brave folk!

I welcome you as the Jarl of the Jomsvikingar!

Let us fight on the battlefield like brothers of clean blood!
Don't disappoint us, American Vikingar,
I wish you welcome and good fighting.  :grin:

Eivynd_Teigson said:
I welcome you as the Jarl of the Jomsvikingar!

Let us fight on the battlefield like brothers of clean blood!
Don't disappoint us, American Vikingar,
I wish you welcome and good fighting.  :grin:

Thank you for this great honor, Jarl of the Jomsvikingar.

May the blood of our mutual enemies be ever spilling!
I do hope not to disappoint. Thank you! See you on the field!

You haven't logged in for months, Vidirhrafn, and I have seen none of your members play either, so that I will lock this topic. I don't expect you to write a PM, yet if anyone has an interest in this thread not being deleted, just write me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom