"upgrade all" button

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruaidhri

Recruit
I couldn't see this suggestion anywhere but I thought it would be a staple inclusion to make in the game.
Basically, when one or more of your troops are ready to upgrade, there could be an option to upgrade all upgradable troops just by clicking an "upgrade all" button.

Of course units who can choose one of two new levels (eg swadian footman/man at arms) could be excluded from this, or maybe a window could pop up saying "upgrade all of A to B or C?" or something.

I realise it's not a very huge change, but I think it's a valid idea since a lot of the time I want to upgrade eveything I can and this would save time doing that.

I also agree, partly due to the fact that some soldiers names are so long that when they are ready to upgrade the (+) is off the button so you can't see. If you have a lot of different troops with long names its rather annoying that when it says 'some troops are ready to upgrade' you have to go through your whole party selecting each troop type to see if its them.
Gets my support anyway.

Can't fault the suggestion, aside from the fact that it might not be too much of an issue to warrant it being addressed. As per the (+), perhaps the names could be visually highlighted another way, e.g. a glow around the lettering?

Oubliette said:
Can't fault the suggestion, aside from the fact that it might not be too much of an issue to warrant it being addressed. As per the (+), perhaps the names could be visually highlighted another way, e.g. a glow around the lettering?

Or just the whole tab being a lighter or different colour to the others.

I don't think that this could work -specially for the lower-level units, just because the pc won't know if you want i.e. a Vaegir Skirmisher or footman  :wink:

I like the idea. Would help me alot. Instead of *Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click*, I would just use *Click*.

yeah the + being off the screen for the longer named troops was what initially sparked the idea, and from the sounds of it most people seem to agree.

Another thing that could be useful could be a key that if you hold down while clicking to upgrade a unit type it will upgrade all of that unit type that can be upgraded, that would save the click click click-ing for if you only want to upgrade one type at a time...

ruaidhri said:
Another thing that could be useful could be a key that if you hold down while clicking to upgrade a unit type it will upgrade all of that unit type that can be upgraded, that would save the click click click-ing for if you only want to upgrade one type at a time...

THIS, I really want. Saves having to move a unit to where you
want it, in your ordering.

the only thing you need to keep in mind is that you have to decide whther you are upgrading a footman to be a range unit or a meelee unit, this is probably said already, so after that everything is perfect, that should be added in the version, excellent

yeah. there should be a button 'upgrade all to vaegir skrmisher' and 'upgrade all to vaegir footman'. like this you could upgrade all.

or the upgrades would be instant, where you need to choose to which to pgrade, a screen would appear wth the question. this could be on option(you could turn it off)

Yeah, good suggestion and shouldn't be too hard to add I hope.
Cannot remember the last time I left any soldiers from upgrading purposefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom