[Unresolved] Connection to server is lost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I haven't played for about 2 months and now my game is working fine - weird.

I hope that this gives you a little hope.

Arthy

This occasionally happens to me when connecting to large maps with a lot of players. I have been told to exit NW and launch it again which seems to have helped the last time I tried it.

rejenorst said:
This occasionally happens to me when connecting to large maps with a lot of players. I have been told to exit NW and launch it again which seems to have helped the last time I tried it.
... No. It does not change your ping and no if there is even 16 players or 8 you would get disconnected. Why? Because your computer cant connect to the host. Its not the amount of players that is in the server that causes disconnection. I have like 90 ping on EU servers and get disconnected from it due to the host only being able to connect to players that is actually near his region or continent. If your computer is trying to establish a smooth connection with every person on the server than that will be a catastophe. When you join a server there is only one connection... the host. And if you cant connect to him or it then it is your computer or the HTTP must be rewritten for the game.

Same problem here now, although I've played M&B: Warband fine for years including MM and NW, and all of the sudden, out of the blue, i have this issue... any ideas yet?

I tried:
- Port forwarding for Warband
- Internet Radio on while playing the game
- checking for double rgl_config.txt
- Secure connection is 0
- max connections doesn't work
- Verifying game cache through steam
- Deleting and reinstalling Warband
- Reinstalling Steam

Sidenote; I noticed the same as Umbra

Umbra said:
WOW!  I honestly thought I was the only one with this problem.  I started getting this problem several months ago.  I have been thinking it was my cable internet all this time. 

A couple things: 

1. The reason I thought it was my connection is because my cable modem is sitting right there on my desk.  When I get disconnected from a Warband server, I see a couple of the lights ("online" and "link" lights) on the modem go out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds then come back on and my internet connection returns.  The power light and downstream lights stay on.  I don't know how the game could cause this...maybe there's something inherent in the game connection that causes a lot of line "noise" and just causes the modem to crash?  Perhaps a "Steam" thing?  I have no clue.

2. Until recently, I haven't been playing any other online games.  When I started playing another game roughly 2 weeks ago, I noticed I wasn't disconnecting.  Having that happen plus reading all these comments leads me to believe there is something goofy with Warband. 

My internet dies for 3 seconds or so whenever this occurs, and with a speedcheck done it does not seem to be my internet, and the router has no mentioned problems and is designed for my provider by Logitech to ensure optimal prestations for gaming..

Download speed 91.1 Mbit/s
Upload speed 73.1 Mbit/s
Ping 17ms
(while 3 other computers are being used)

Hi, i used to have this problem but when i enabled load textures on demand the problem went away  :grin:

It's router or provider related. As I don't have a problem here at home, but I do have it at my brother's place. (unless I loose internet of course :wink: )

I have the exact same problem. I don't think it's router related because I managed to play all day yesterday and today. At 16pm I got kicked for the first time, with the kicks becoming more frequent. I tried a bunch of things, reinstall, rebooted PC, editted some files... Nothing worked.

What scares me most is that some people have been having this issue for over a year but there's no solution yet. I bought the game yesterday (the entire 4-pack on steam) and I will ask a refund if this does not get fixed. It's ridiculous that some people haven't been able to play for over a year and their have been so little attempts to track this issue down! I'm very frustrated and I hope that this will be resolved asap.

I'm very glad I bought the game and supported the devs by doing so, but if this does not get fixed, I won't stand for it. If you want any information, please ask and I will give. I know you guys want to fix this just as bad as I do.

Same problem here, since today for some reason I keep getting "Connection to server lost" after being 60 seconds in the game. The strangest thing is, everything works just fine. Ping is fine, teamspeak works fine, youtube, ...

I've tried restarting computer, verifying integrety cache, restarting router, reinplugging networkcable. :sad:

I don't even understand how a game can suddenly stop working for no good reason. I changed nothing to the game - I played until 14.00 then I left to take care of some stuff, returned at 16.00 and I can't play for 5 straight minutes anymore. How can that be my router or provider? I don't have the same provider as MazZ (I think) and why would my router stop working correctly? Kind of strange so many people have failing routers...

It also doesn't explain why other games still work...

Just found out, we are not the only ones.

My internet provider is Telenet btw

Connection loss thread on FSE forums:
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=4582.0

Waarom verbaasd me het weer nie da telenet den boel weer om zeep eeft geholpen. Altijd tzelfste me die mannen eh.

English: the provider might be the bad guy after all.

[sorry for double post, but this is valuable information and I'd like to make sure everyone sees it]

--> warband multiplayer works fine. It's possible that the provider only causes problems for NW or perhaps it's the software... Still, strange so many Belgians have problems.

(MazZ, could you try if you can play warband online?)

The IP of the in-game server browser was posted somewhere, can't remember where but if you would find it you could probably use it to phone up your ISP and explain the problem.

Personally, this sort of thing happened to me once on League of Legends, UPC (dutch provider) force updated their customer's routers and the update made all UPC users less likely to connect to League of Legends and caused several loading problems. It got sort of solved after a few weeks though.

Rawne said:
[sorry for double post, but this is valuable information and I'd like to make sure everyone sees it]

--> warband multiplayer works fine. It's possible that the provider only causes problems for NW or perhaps it's the software... Still, strange so many Belgians have problems.

(MazZ, could you try if you can play warband online?)

Jup!
Just tried it and native doesnt lose connection to servers indeed, anglo zulu mod does though

Anglo zulu mod is a NW mod right? So that would make sense.

Perhaps tomorrow, the game will run again. If not, we could always try the phoning.

Back
Top Bottom