Unlosable siege defence

Users who are viewing this thread

russ555

Recruit
I was trying to defend against a siege i had gotten my self into on purpose despite being greatly out numbered (i just wanted to do a siege defence :grin:). Anyway i died during the 1st assualt along with 1/2 my army but i was able to fight in the next assault, and the next and the next untill it was just me on my own starting with what must have been 1 hp. I got the enemy down from about 80 to 30 b4 i decided i didn't want to carry on cos i lost most of my best troops is this a bug?

It's the first implementation of a changed siege defense method. I'd say it's a bug, since you aren't captured. You could report it in the Bug Reports thread.

It apparently used to work that way for NPC lords also, hence the single knocked-out lord in a castle defending against massive armies that we have seen mentioned in other threads.

The option should be let the troops defend it themselves, not come back to life and keep on killing.

macethump said:
It apparently used to work that way for NPC lords also, hence the single knocked-out lord in a castle defending against massive armies that we have seen mentioned in other threads.

did that actually happen or just speculation?
This should only apply to player and not npcs in automatic sieges.
What people were talking about is a bug when a wounded lord gets attacked by other npcs and wouldn't die because he's considered zero(or infinite?).

Haxer :!:

I dont want to play .960 if thats going to happen. I was REALLY looking forward to if you got beat then you would have 1/4th of your life in the inside of the castle (or the inner walls of the town) and then pushed back to the throne room if your in a town. That would be really awesome!

Devs, look :!:

I want it to work just like open field battles. You get revived if you have a living party member who knows first aid, and if not, you hit autoresolve and pray.

Apologies for necro, but I'm in the same situation and I don't know how to escape. How to I get out of the castle?

why cant u relize this its not a bug they made it to wear even though if u get knocked out u can play in the next and next and the next.

mypal said:
why cant u relize this its not a bug they made it to wear even though if u get knocked out u can play in the next and next and the next.

y kent u speelin?

It is a bug. If you are knocked out, how can you just keep coming back with 0 health? You should be disabled and forced to use autoresolve.

I did press tab and got stuck back in the castle. Tried multiple times while running around outside the castle, and I finally got away. Weird.

Keep doing the battle long enough and the enemy troops will eventually give up and leave (then re-seige you). At least that's what happened to me. I seem to remember getting knocked out, then my troops kept battling without me, then when they were all defeated the battle carried on with just me  :???:. Awfully sporting of the attackers to keep pulling back while I wake up again and again..

This has happened to me twice. It's not infinite though, you only get about eight cracks at solo-defending with zero health. So unfortunately you can't wear away a 400-strong force with your invincible cripple.

Back
Top Bottom