[UNAC S2] Presents: Weekly CoMP Testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Kherven

Master Knight
To help get maps tested for season 2, UNAC will be sponsoring a weekly CoMP testing event.

Public CoMP testing will be hosted by UNAC every Saturday at 9:00PM Eastern (time subject to change if the community prefers differently). These scrims are open to the public pickup-party style so while they will not provide the absolute best feedback, it will ensure that every map gets tested and gross errors/miss-classifications can be fixed.

On top of that, we want this to be a place where teams can volunteer times where their clan is available for a CoMP testing under normal UNAC rule set (7v7/8v:cool: in order to get the most accurate feedback possible. The public scrim (and hopefully the private ones) will be following this schedule:

Week 1: Farm (Open) and Dreicksdorf (Mixed)
Week 2: Incursion(Open) and Rock Port (Mixed)
Week 3: Quagmire(Open) and Shariz Village(Closed)
Week 4: Liberty(Mixed) and Sally Out(Open)

These maps are NOT guaranteed to be in UNAC Season 2 nor are there classifications finals. This is just the first 4 weeks to get the ball rolling.

Feel free to post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread as well as any UNAC-specific map feedback when the time comes. And remember to join us in the first public match Saturday, November 9th at 9:00PM Eastern.

We need the community's involvement in order to ensure season 2 can have a good map list, so clan leaders please volunteer!

And to get the ball rolling, TMW is interested in a CoMP testing scrim using week 1 maps sometime this weekend. Any clans interested?

I'm always willing to merc for any clans that may need an extra player. Just steam me and I will be there. And if you plan on playing on Quagmire, plz invite me  :!: I've been wanting to fight on that map again for a while now.

I agree, it's a great improvement on the original Port Assault and turns one of the worse competitive maps in Native into a nice competent experience.

Das Knecht said:
I agree, it's a great improvement on the original Port Assault and turns one of the worse competitive maps in Native into a nice competent experience.

Is it the same one that's being used on IG_Battlegrounds?

Courtney said:
Das Knecht said:

Is it the same one that's being used on IG_Battlegrounds?
Not that i know of.
Would be really surprised if that was the case since i wasn't contacted by anyone.

Map Name:razz:ort Assault
Type of Map:Closed
Introduction to the map:This is my try to improve Port Assault map.
I have added new alley just behind top spawn(defensive spawn) that leads to the alley that's close to the bottom(ships) spawn.There is new house that can be accessed there from both spawns directions.
I made new area where Stairs and Earth Wall used to be.I think it's easier for cavalry to maneuver now.
All MotF spawns are on the ground now.
I need to test map a bit myself first,so i will upload code and scene object tomorrow.
Terrain Code:
Download Link:
Map overview
128200044-4.jpg
New alley.House on the right can be entered.One master of the field is here.
128200111-4.jpg
Moved MotF outside of this house.
128200094-4.jpg
New area where Earth wall was.Last MotF is here
128200071-4.jpg

Here is the update on my version of Port Assault:
I have added another pier that now connects two piers we have in original version of the map.I think it gives more options for attackers to move(especially cavalry).
Few new screenshots and download link:
Download link(code is included):

Bottom spawn,new pier:
128203468-4.jpg
Screenshot of the new alley(just behind top spawn):
128203476-4.jpg
I have removed stables to make it easier for cavalry to move around.Added 2 wooden stands.
128203480-4.jpg

I assume you'll be using CoMP_testing (and you are more than welcome to do so -- that's the whole point of the server being up there). If you are a clan leader/team captain, PM me for the admin password. Also, feel free to PM me regarding any issues with the server.

Keep in mind that any suggestions for adding maps to CoMP itself should be posted in the CoMP thread.

valent69 said:
And if you plan on playing on Quagmire, plz invite me  :!: I've been wanting to fight on that map again for a while now.
<3

I think Fehnor was waiting for UNAC to end and then we was going to be putting out the new ENL that has all the latest and greatest map updates.

Balion-Romans said:
I think Fehnor was waiting for UNAC to end and then we was going to be putting out the new ENL that has all the latest and greatest map updates.

So, 1 more month?

I have a mod ready, but I want to tweak it a bit. I'll have some time to finish it tonight, and then I'll release. Since we have some time before the next tourney, There will probably be another version after some map testing.

KissMyAxe said:
Gelden said:
Can we get all of the new maps added to USA_Event since pickup party's have a renewed interest in the community?
You should feel free to use CoMP_testing for pickup parties until then.

Who has admin for that server? We'll have to make sure they're around before starting a pickup I guess

Gelden said:
Who has admin for that server? We'll have to make sure they're around before starting a pickup I guess
KissMyAxe said:
If you are a clan leader/team captain, PM me for the admin password. Also, feel free to PM me regarding any issues with the server.
So, basically, what the quote says. :smile: I've sent the password to a bunch of clan leaders and team (co-)captains a while ago. If I've missed you, PM me. If you aren't a clan leader or captain, but still would like a password, PM me. I don't guarantee it, but I might give the password to some of the people I know. Finally, right now I'm not clearing the ban list nightly like USA_Event, so be careful with perma-bans (which is one other reason I'm not giving the pass to everyone and their cats). If that ever becomes an issue, I'll revisit the possibility of wiping the ban list.

Just the module:
ENL 1.158 Native folder (for servers/players): http://www.mediafire.com/download/fbbrah0vtbk4h3u/Native.zip

For editing:
ENL 1.158 module system (for editing): http://www.mediafire.com/download/33ppqsys638jxel/enlmodulesystem20131107.zip
If you recompile, drop this in the Native folder after:
mission_templates.txt (to add to the module after editing): http://www.mediafire.com/download/j377w86pf0u9rur/mission_templates.txt

Map List:

All Native maps
San'Di'Boush
Vendetta
Frosty Battle
Reveran Village
Snowy Hamlet
Mountain Fortress By Thunderon
Solace by Romans
Dry Valley by AZAN
Verloren by AZAN
Open Plain by KissMyAxe