Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

****, stopped following the news for a couple of days and this happened.
All the best for Weaver, trueten and whoever else's there. Hang in there.

Ofcourse it is horrible to see what is happening there. I can't even imagine things like that happening over here. Also I can not see the Dutch protesting the way other protestors do, like in the Ukraine but also Bangkok. It is just a world apart.

I didn't mean to condemn the protestors for using violence the way they do. As I said I am quite awed how people protest to protect their own interest and individual independence.

Hengwulf said:
I didn't mean to condemn the protestors for using violence the way they do.
Yeah, I understand. I watch EuroNews and notice that they are not showing the whole image correctly. Frankly speaking its really hard. So it's sometimes hard to get support from Civilized countries. But what does the Russian Media shows... Good God. For example: yesterday during the street fights Berkut tried to enter nearest buildings, get up stairs and shoot or throw grenades from above (I've seen thos scenes on euronews). In this case citizens were trieng to block the entrance to their buildings. Russian Media says - "Kievans blocking their doors to save themselfs from the nazi-terrorists-protesters (although in fact, about 80% of kievans support the protest). Kievans support Berkut in their fight againts this payrolled by the West exstremists".

When I speak with russians, even smart one's, they usually say "What's Yanukovich is waiting for??? Why those protesters are still alive?? Why doesn't he use avation, tanks and navy to crush them all down??!!". I read russian opposition sites and under a really objective article there was a poll: who do you support - the Government or the Protest? (it was before the protest gone bloody). The results are amusing (note - it's an opposition media, which means that its audience should support an anti gov protest at least in their own country): 70% support the Gov, 30% - protests. Sic! Where do russians get this 'government uber alles' fetish?

Read any post by InfernoOfAbyss to see how poorly educated and badly misinformed the average Russian citizen is. State propaganda works.

I guess this is it.

Few hours ago russian deputy posted on Tweeter: "The only way out is to separate several western Ukranian regions, everything else - goes to Russia". Which means including Kiev.

Russia stated today: "We'll give Yanukovich money, after he 'clears' the Maidan".

Ukranian Minister of Defence stated: "Today we'll provide an anti-terrorist operation across the whole country." And also added: "About 500 airborne troops were sent to Kiev".

And after all the messacre we'll face this night, the EU will state: "We are deeply concerned..."

Holy ****, just saw the videos on liveleak. Looks like ****ing roman battles with molotovs and guns, apc's burning, and dragging KO cops and robbing their armour. Crrrraaaazyyy

trueten said:
And after all the messacre we'll face this night, the EU will state: "We are deeply concerned..."

I think an American diplomat said it best - "**** the EU".

trueten said:
I guess this is it.

Few hours ago russian deputy posted on Tweeter: "The only way out is to separate several western Ukranian regions, everything else - goes to Russia". Which means including Kiev.

Russia stated today: "We'll give Yanukovich money, after he 'clears' the Maidan".

Ukranian Minister of Defence stated: "Today we'll provide an anti-terrorist operation across the whole country." And also added: "About 500 airborne troops were sent to Kiev".

That's insane.

These last few years will definitely go into the history books, but I wonder how people will look back at this troubled time. Will the amount of revolutions and protests stand out in history? Will it be known as a major period of change or just a minor footnote.

I guess that will depend on the outcome. If nothing really changes it won't be remembered I guess.

Here is an interesting read (though I withhold myself of any claims of truth in it)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4bf_1392813366

Also I don't know a lot about this Thierry Meyssan and his Voltaire Network. The last 15 years are so full of conspiracies it is hard to seperate the nuts from the independents.

Still good to read multiple views on the news though.

. . . the United States is prepared to ignite a new civil war . . .
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4bf_1392813366#5xrpLVc1l2XmDdSJ.99

I'm always impressed by how much agency such 'theorists' imagine the U.S. holds in places like Ukraine, and covertly at that.

I personally find it hard to reconcile the fact that, the U.S. with help from dozens of allies and trillions of dollars of expenditure has been unable to 'get its way' in either Iraq or Afghanistan, but somehow has the cryptic capacity to manipulate whole populations into violent unrest and latent civil wars which-supposedly-otherwise would not have occurred.

On the other hand a single spark in the form of a few public statements, and zero dollars contributed, might nonetheless be sufficient to ignite a tinderbox.

Maxim Suvorov said:
7. In western regions citizens have captured armory
Here in Lviv during night were taken regionals Police and Security Service departments, Prosecutor's Office, and few district police departments. Police didn't do any resistance, so buildings and few police cars around was a bit braked, some furniture and documents including docs from criminal procedures burned, and some police goods looted, including weapons( at least there is info about)
Also was blocked and after burned building of military unit of Ministry of Internal Affairs.
For now in city police almost doesn't work as a service, emergency police telephone number and State Guard service doesn't works also, so administration try to create something like voluntary municipal militia

Huh, Shamble, another bretheren.

Right now, the Opposition reached a temporary peace treaty with Yanukovich. Is it good or bad, G-d knows. At least people will be safe. On the other hand, some police forces are now free to re-take some captured government buildings throughout the rioting regions.

Here are some videos to watch during the pause:

Hmm something about the pulling down of statues strikes to my very core, I just want to go and punch the people doing it, I know I know they represent bad things but dammit it is art and history being destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom