Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Revanshi said:
Great example. Also I'm keeping it in medieval times, how bout next time you put an example of a guy carrying a barret rifle and shooting it while standing, since your point makes so much sense when we talk about melee weapons. Bad example is bad. End of story.

Out of every examples you talked of, only the Vikings and Samurais are relevant to the middle ages, and out of these two, only the Vikings are in Warband, and they mostly used spears anyway, so perhaps you should review the validity of your examples.

Revanshi said:
Bromden said:
So, how do you dual wield a blind masseur?
Sorry what? What does a fictional character from Zatoichi...? Just What?!
You sad that the samurai practiced dual wielding Zatoichi. Zatoichi was a blind masseur. Now, I have ideas about how to dual wield two blind masseurs, but as Zatoichi was a single piece of blind masseur, I hoped I'll learn a new technique from you.
Now that I'm thinking, if I have Kitano Takeshi in one hand, and Katsu Shintaro in the other... But then, Katsu Shintaro is long dead and he was probably cremated as per japanese habits, so I'm running out of ideas here. Please, teach me.

And apparently this forum is full of teenagers and stupid trolls. Sorry I bothered....
To the ages guy. Vikings, samurais, Prussians, and even castillians, are from the same Midieval era, I can't fathom what is wrong with you, mayhaps you know some parallel universes history... Medieval period lasted from the 5th to the 15th century and anyone who didn't neglect history in schools/universities are quite aware of it....
To blind masseur guy, i meant tanto I'm sorry...

I am quite aware of it, hence why I can call out your examples as bull****. Not only do you get the time period wrong in some cases, but oyu also get the location wrong (samurai's, they're not in the game, what they did or didn't do is entirely irrelevant in the context of the game) I'll also add that at least two of your examples were used in single combat, something I am sure you're aware doesn't really happen during a real combat, since you were in all those massive melee stuff.

And I didn't talk much about the game did I? What examples are bull****? The one about Romans? Castillians? Vikings? Prussians? All of them add up.
2nd you are oblivious, also keep on calling me gay, or whatever, only retarded teenagers use this to prove a point, which you don't have and you are way too far to be a respectable debater.
Spoiled, ignorant and tactless, basically the worst kind of a body with motor functions....
Can't have a civil discussion with a tool who presumes too much about itself.

This is an argument to add dual wielding to the game, so of course so you gotta work with the limitations of the game, duh.

And you provided no sources at all. I'll call bull**** on the Roman and Vikings, whereas the Castillans are duelist, you said it yourself, therefore they weren't dual wielding on the battlefield, therefore its irrelevant.

I didn't insult you, but you've been, by the way, the others were just mocking you because you're the 11th thousand guy that shows up and spews the same ****ty arguments as others. Which makes your last sentence absolutely hilarious.

I now want to know who were those Prussian guys that dual wielded pikes and swords. I know that it was popular among pikemen ranks to hold your sword while holding your pike, but that was mainly because if there was need for some close quarters, you'd just drop the pike and be ready for it without the need to draw your sword from scabbard - because, frankly, if you need a sword in pike formation then it means there's no time for many additional moves.

And if I'd carry a sword, axe and dagger on my belt, does that mean I plan on triple-wield as soon as I somehow lose spear and shield? Aren't spare weapons there so, ya know, you have a spare one if you lose the main weapon?

I guess term 'shieldwall' comes from wall of abandoned shields left behind when two formations met. It kinda makes sense now.

Revanshi said:
Can't have a civil discussion with a tool who presumes too much about itself.
Oh, this was how you do a civil discussion? You waltzed in here, called everyone a troll, teenager, stupid and whatnot, you degrade everything that was said before by people smarter than you without ever reading them (that is quite obvious), and you present the routine disproven-a-thousand-times bull**** material that your kind always bring in here. I would say that if that's your civil side I'd be curious about your uncivil one, but then I'd be lying.

Do not look here said:
I guess term 'shieldwall' comes from wall of abandoned shields left behind when two formations met. It kinda makes sense now.

Nine times out of ten it was a matter of how quickly each side could discard their shields.

The reason the romans won the universe is because they developed a revolutionary new scutum that could stand up on its own, allowing them to drop it before the campaign had even started, sometimes even before they were born. And the reason why samurai will always lose to knights is that they have no shields to drop and thus don't gain the bonus to speed and strength when dropping a shield.

Revanshi said:
Strap it on the back? really? At best you'd have time to throw the piece of wood, noone will give you even 5 seconds to put it on the back.

At least you can strap shield on your back to protect your back, which is what you asked. How would you protect your back with dual wielding?

Revanshi said:
ever tryed wearing atleast a double mail long shirt?

You dual wielded chain mail?

Revanshi said:
if it's anything larger like a kite or heater shield, it throws you offbalance, since it's much heavier making your movement sluggish, and your swings clumsy,

Wow, you must have ladylike ankles.

Revanshi said:
To fysaga
Sorry what? I was telling you about castillian duelists, what you wrote isn't even trolling, it's not even slightly amusing.
If your so "brilliant" take a shield and fight in a 3 meter wide street, wearing armour, you'll look really really rediculous.

:lol:

The only thing you ever defeated double handed in your life was grammar.

Revanshi said:
To fysaga
Sorry what? I was telling you about castillian duelists, what you wrote isn't even trolling, it's not even slightly amusing.
If your so "brilliant" take a shield and fight in a 3 meter wide street, wearing armour, you'll look really really rediculous.

For a moment I thought you said delicious  :razz:

Zarthas said:
The internet in its purest form.  There's some gems in here.  Long live this thread.

What is dead may never die!

got210e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom