Two new suggested skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Skill 1:  COOKING.

INT based party skill.  Takes the bonus to morale by food variety and increases it by 5% per level.  A good cook is a great way to keep the troops content and motivated -- and he does his best work in this scenario with the most ingredients to work with, so it just makes a lot of sense..

Skill 2: PREACHING.

CHA based personal skill.  Spreads your faith through your army, raising the morale of like-minded troops (and lowering it in others  A Preaching skill would open the religion dimension a bit in Brytenwalda, which is an opportunity worth exploring.  Chance to convert troops to your faith.

imgran said:

CHA based personal skill.  Spreads your faith through your army, raising the morale of like-minded troops (and lowering it in others  A Preaching skill would open the religion dimension a bit in Brytenwalda, which is an opportunity worth exploring.  Chance to convert troops to your faith.

that sounds quite interesting. i didnt experience the religious aspect within armies so far.
even without your suggestion imgran, is there for example a chance to get a whole army believing in the old celtic gods lets say?!  :shock:
do troops have a religious status in 1.38? i mean is there a line for each single type of soldier which tells me its religion?
and in which way is it influenced so far?
i´m really curious, thanx for an answer...

imgran said:
I have bo idea.  These are juse suggestions

imgran, do you have a cold? :razz:

I like the cooking idea. It means I can carry around more food indirectly, as I don't have to maintain as many different types of food.

The preaching idea I can probably pass on. Troops as the game stands do not have a religious state. Religion is not a part of native M&B. So it would take far too much work to make preaching have any meaningful purpose. However, having priest companions with high perform skills is a perfectly valid alternative. High persuasion would also make sense.

What the mod really needs is more strength skills. As it is strength is virtually useless, as all the strength based skills are gimped in the extreme. Most skills require intelligence or agility. I believe even Weapon Mastery or whatever it is that caps your skills is AGI based. There should be an even balance of skills per attribute! It might be acceptable to have twice as many INT skills as the others, but the number of STR, AGI and CHA skills should be equal, with INT up to twice that number. It's important for balance.

I suggest you make a new official suggestions thread, merge all the existing suggestion threads together, and simply lock any new suggestion threads that appear.

Problem is that we are in 1.39 final version, Brytewalda will finish in 1.40 version if all is right. We dont want add new features that could cause issues or bugs.

I saw a player suggestions thread, if we see something here that can be simple and dont cause problems, maybe we will add it.

Idibil, when are you planing to release 1.39?

I will collect all my suggestions in one list, and hope other players will do the same. And we will post them once again in Suggestion thread.

imgran said:

Some suggestions about religion: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198552.0.html

Back
Top Bottom