TPW - Original Thread (locked)

Regarding factions, what would you prefer?

• The peloponnesian league (sparta and allies), The delian league (athens and allies), thracians, scyt

Votes: 640 44.4%
  • All greek factions, divided by their regional settlements, (eg. achaeans, boeotians, phocians etc) a

Votes: 546 37.8%
  • The main ones, the foreign ones and just some of the mainland ones, so as to not get very confusing.

Votes: 257 17.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Artizan said:
great, a release! well done, though i wont download it because i've already reached this month's adsl quota.. and 2048x2048 textures each?!

Nope, just 4-5 of them tops. Most of the others are 1024x1024.

maybe you should give some more lod meshes to thoes armors, shields and weapons, like native brf files.
with this ineffective M&B engine, we must do all we can to protect our computer from overload :mrgreen:

Lynores, are you using some kind of shield attack scripts? cause I fund the hoplites of mine friend troops are hitting each other(including me) with swinging their arms, but no damage was recieved, only knock down effect. shouldn't they judge first then decide to attack or not attack?

One Word : Master piece !

mb3-2.jpg

WilliamBerne said:
errrrrrrrr...
man, I got to ask, are you crazy?
why did you use so many 2048x2048 textures? [...]
Lynores, I really respect your perseverance for the mod, but the way you unmapping and texturing the meshes I can't agree.
Compairing another games textures with m&b is not a legitimate argumentation base.

I use 512X512 sized textures for the furniture and sometimes even another additional256X256 for specific features and that stuff is really small. You should see
one of the major structures, some of them have the size of a football field. If lynores uses 2048x2048 its because he wants to have it perfect looking and nothing less.
If there are still graphical bugs or as you said or problems with the uvmapping its because these things are simply not priority in a alpha, and will be fixed later.+

If you find any bugs please report them here, so we can make a list of things to fix.

If you want everyhing perfect, i suggest you check back in in 6 months or so.

hambal said:
i got to say its great, as i expected
but i got one noob question: how am i supposed to use the formations?

Could someone please post the keys from Mirathei's formation script here? I don't play with all of its features, just ranks and disassemble.

Lynores said:
Could someone please post the keys from Mirathei's formation script here? I don't play with all of its features, just ranks and disassemble.

Controlls: use the default native controlls to select cavalry, infantry, or archers. Use j to order your troops to form ranks, k to order a wedge, u to bring them out of formation, or p to order them to form a line. Use the default native commands for movement (ie. hold, follow, charge, advance), including the tactical minimap.

Considering huge textures, Unique Armory has some pretty big ones and imho it looks worse, because MaB engine makes them somewhat distorted by the moire effect. Native has a bit smaller textures than would make it pretty enough, but making them as huge as 1024x1024 for every single item is too much and a waste that will result in poor performance. I can't wait to try it, but I guess I'll have to lower my battlesize from 250 to something reasonable.

And good about the shield bash, I'm looking forward to trying that..

TYR said:
I use 512X512 sized textures for the furniture and sometimes even another additional256X256 for specific features and that stuff is really small. You should see
one of the major structures, some of them have the size of a football field. If lynores uses 2048x2048 its because he wants to have it perfect looking and nothing less.
If there are still graphical bugs or as you said or problems with the uvmapping its because these things are simply not priority in a alpha, and will be fixed later.+
I haven't said that Lynores shouldn't use huge textures for buildings, I meant for items like weapons and helmets.

@Lynores
i just had a look at the collisions of your buildings, I think they got too many tris. maybe you just used the original meshes as their own collision meshes, that was easy, but a disastor for this poor engine, especially when many of them had thousends tris.

don't get me wrong :wink:. I'm just trying to help, cause I have also waited this mod for a long time, I hope I can help to make it better and smoother. cause I'm also making a lot of scene structures for my own mod, we can learn from each other. :roll:

Holy crap jusus on a bike!#$%)(@$*@)(*#
THE DEMOOO IS OUT($&*#&^$
#(*$*IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 2 YEARS FOR THIS)(#&$#*&)@#_@23555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Thx  :grin:
Great mod!

This is a huge amount of fun so far. I'm amazed that it actually runs much more smoothly than Native or other mods. The shield bashing is going to take some getting used to, I took 6 or 7 knockdowns in a row from a group of hoplites, which let them easily dispose of my little party. I also noticed that a finished battle between some farmers and bandits remained on the map, saying 'Battle' and with 0 troops each side.
One of the hoplite swords costs 100 more than the same one with a different hilt colour.
I chose the hoplite option in the character creation, but only had 15 weapon points in polearms. It was still a decent speed when I tried using a spear, though, so I couldn't tell if that was intentional or part of the improvements to spears.

I've checked your buildings Lynores. They are good. I'll upload some pictures as soon as I can! -from my scenes-!!!

Can somebody enlighten my ignorance on an error I keep receiving?
it says:
ERROR: unable to lock vertex buffer
I have no idea what it means.

Edit:I think I found the solution.

i'm trying to make some of your meshes a little simple but I can have barely tell the difference between the new and old ones.
e.g. round shield from 750 --> 354 tris.
and maybe also some lod meshes.

Lynores, would you like to use them when I have those done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom