Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

@kuudou:

Ah, now I know why that looks terribly familiar.
I experience that skipping issue everytime I engage enemies near Minas Tirith. That's the only problematic scene for me so far though.

Jamaican Dol Amroth recruits having some fun while I test my totally working command cursor for Warband:
xRPMQ7Q.png

Can you expand on what those "ghost parties" are and what are their party templates?

I don't seem to be able to open any corrupted savegame with any of the two available savegame editor thingies,
they are buggy and their error handling is beyond terrible. Sigh. *whiny whiny*

Sorry for the delay on answering. The tool I use is:

http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband/downloads/mount-blade-savegame-editor-converter

It's misleading because the author planned it as a conversion tool but thanks to its methodology created a powerfull and configurable tool. I just point it to TLD module directory and to the savegame in question and I got it loaded without problems. You can access the Dunlending Camp coordinates and effectively check how it spawns in the wrong ones on the corrupted savegame but, alas, as the coverter lacks the adequate structure definition to parse TLD savegame additions, it can't generate a correct full TLD savegame.

Sadly my friend deleted his corrupted savegame so I speak of memory when refering to the corrupted data on the following paragraph, k?:

- On the structure you see all individual parties under "party records" node.

* On my different savegames I have a more or less constant ammount of 1k records (They span around 900 days of the same campaign). On my friend's healthy savegames figures are more or less the same (We both use 850 default TLD party limit). By "Ghost Parties" I refer precissely to parties that have no template assigned (They appear as blank entries). 2 types: With valid = 1 and extra info and valid = 0 containing just 3 data values. This Ghosts appear also on healthy savegames, but are a few only.

* On his corrupted savegame the total number of party records was 8000!!... And most were "Ghost" ie templateless parties.

I think it may be related to some engine bug, depending on how the party is terminated some seems to linger into the system and end triggering some overflow on some index or something like that.

If I had to start somewhere, I would look on how TLD enforces its party limit... Maybe the "killing" process is not completely clean and due to the massive spamming of the trapped Dunlending Camp is amplyfing this bug... Just crazy speculation, ofc.

EDIT: When I refer to the "corrupted savegame" I mean a savegame that after a few moments after finished loading made MB CTD... Not a "real" corrupted savegame the game can't load.

Sethaniel said:
@kuudou:

Ah, now I know why that looks terribly familiar.
I experience that skipping issue everytime I engage enemies near Minas Tirith. That's the only problematic scene for me so far though.

Is that the big open field outside of that Gondor city that is dug into the side of a mountain?

I had similar problems there as well.

Hello Guys, i see in trello board the bug fix for dunlander camp, but i didnt know how to dowload it, can someone explain to me?

I just got into playing this for the first time, and I'm enjoying it a lot, but MAN is it stingy with monetary rewards.  How the heck am I supposed to improve my equipment when I can't loot good stuff off the field of battle, and the stuff in the supply depot is über-expensive?  Any tips?  BTW, what the heck are the "Tools" for?

Also BTW, every time I've tried to get training from a barracks, no matter what option I choose, I spawn without weapons.  What's up with that?

A bug, obviously. Check the Trello board.

As for resource points, just do many many quests, rise in ranks and you'll get increasingly large weekly allowance. Take prisoners and give them to barracks. Increase the looting skill to get more scraps.

supposed to improve my equipment when I can't loot good stuff off the field of battle, and the stuff in the supply depot is über-expensive?  Any tips?  BTW, what the heck are the "Tools" for?

Always try to keep 7 pieces of good quality scraps (You have a chest into your Faction capital were you can store items... Starting from Level 10, I think)... If you are patient and use them on the quest they will pay you 500R per scrap.

Other R earning tips depends HEAVILY on the faction you play... Generally speaking good guys have it easier... Just kill Orc parties and you will be swiming into scraps in no time.

As baddie well, target at Beornids or Dale parties... They are easy to deal with and also can drop lots of scraps (plus prisoners).

Looting skill matters... Try to reach 2 ASAP. Further levels still help but the difference between having none and 2 is highly noticeable and it's relatively fast to reach it.

The following applies to both sides, control the quality/ammount of troops based on how many daily resources you get... It's VERY EASY to go broke if your faction abuses Cavalry Stacks. Try to split your army into Faction Stacks (they will charge you from the appropiate Resource pool) meaning that if you combine troops from different Factions, you will be able to split the costs around, instead of overloading a single account.

Finnally, sooner or later you will progress a lot into your native Faction... Don't forget that you can transfer resources between factions if you select the "Gift/Bribe..." option on your Faction Leader. It can be done each 14days and you can transfer up to 8500R in one go... Very usefull when you have to operate in the indluence zone of a Faction you don't have enough rank to support your troop training (ATM there is a bug that makes your training costs be charged to the faction you last interacted with... Pay attention to this and delay on-the-field training until you have interacted with the Faction you are interested in paying them with).

AFAIK Tools serve no purpose ATM (Playing as Isengard)... If I had to speculate, probably they were planned for the, still incomplete, crafting system.

Thanks for the replies, guys.  It's getting a little better now, money-wise.  Keeping some metal scraps on hand as a universal currency for a dire financial strait is a good idea.

Now I'm wondering about a particular quest given by Éomer, to find and defeat 4 parties of Mordor raiders.  I thought said parties would be especially spawned for the mission, as with the Rampaging Trolls and "Troublesome Bandits" parties in Native M&B but I've spotted nothing like that.  I even allowed cheats and did Ctrl-T to see if I could spot them that way, but no joy.  Are the Mordor raiders parties in question supposed to be the hosts of named Mordor lieutenants like Grishnak etc.?  Even the smaller ones of those are over 150% the size of my party, so I'm pretty sure to get slaughtered if I go up against them (right now I think I'm at 41 as a maximum party size and my Leadership stat is 3).

I took a break from fixing the boring formations thingie and started to do some shader magic:
Code:
https://trello.com/c/NCDdDIT2/60-wavy-scene-prop-banners

Not exactly poetry, but I think they look good enough:

HoJu said:
No, they're patrol-like parties of about 20 units called Mordor Raiders, but finding them is subject to good luck in my experience.
Well, I have to think it's a bug as well, because I've had the quest active forever and have NEVER seen such a party anywhere near Rohan or Gondor, even swooping over the map at low level using Ctrl-T.

EDIT: How do you look up all the gritty details of where you stand with a faction?  I'm at level 13 and "Known to" Beornings, Lothlorien, Rohan, Dale etc (still not to Mirkwood Elves the haughty bastards) but where does one look up how close one is to being able to "request a special item" or take on a companion.  It's rather opaque.

Papageno said:
EDIT: How do you look up all the gritty details of where you stand with a faction?  I'm at level 13 and "Known to" Beornings, Lothlorien, Rohan, Dale etc (still not to Mirkwood Elves the haughty bastards) but where does one look up how close one is to being able to "request a special item" or take on a companion.  It's rather opaque.

I believe the first special item is at 10 influence points, and every 5 after that (10, 15, 20, 25... up to 45). If you need to know how much more influence you need to hire a companion, just talk to them, they will tell you ("you need to be X with Y faction [Z influence points more]").

You can check out this thread for more info regarding faction rewards: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2546.0.html

There is nothing in the mod which highlights all this information in one page. The mod encourage people to explore and find things out themselves :smile:

Thanks for the reply on faction relations.  Regarding the thing about the missing Mordor Raiders, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I've turned animal ambushes off. 

Some parties seem to be stuck at the old ford again (of which includes almost all of my faction's lords).

Does anyone know how to get Thorgrim's map editor working for TLD? I can get other maps to work, but not middle earth for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom