• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In my observation? The Tower Guard anything have excellent staying power, and that's honestly all you need in inf-versus-inf combat. The way M&B combat goes, glass cannons in infantry warfare is a really bad thing, since they're that much likely to get mobbed to death by troops with lower attack but greater staying power. Though TG swordsmen are, as expected, not that good against cav and wargs. And I honestly haven't tried shooting for Fountain Guards yet. Not sure how one-handed spears - even Tower Spears - would do against wargs.

Haven't tried looking at dwarves and elves yet. The way my current game goes, I lift my eyes off West Rohan/Cair Andros for a couple days and we have a lost/burnt settlement in the South. Not cool.  :sad:

Also, the elves can go screw themselves in Valinor - Men rules all the way from the Fourth age onwards anyway  :wink:

EDIT: Just tried a few battles with L.Axemen. They aren't worth the hassle. Trust me on this.

I was pleasantly suprised by the efficiency of my Fountain guards.

Mind you, the TG swordsmen sword does nearly 40 cut damage, so their hitting power is nothing to laugh at.

Just to give an example of power of high-tier dwarven troops: I was defending Cair Andros with my dwarf character. 4 Gror's Guards and one Longbeard Axedwarf climbed down the ladders and started spawnkilling mordor troops. They killed in total of 150 enemies and didn't even die in the end. Just FIVE guys!
They make ridiculous amount of damage and are also decent tanks. They get very long time to train even with high training skill, but are totally worth the time and money  :smile:

The Swan Knights are also pretty good tankers, as far as I know, they have the best Gondorian armor, but their sword lacks killing power compared to the citadel one.

Just finished the Vengeance quest.

Should have known beforehand that in TLD-speak, "Vengeance For A Fallen Lord" means "Committing for one week as many grievous acts of war crime against the people of the faction that has unfortunately killed said general as humanly possible". The dead body count on both my army and Dunnish forces in the last one in-game week had hit a thousand.

Argeus the Paladin said:

Should have known beforehand that in TLD-speak, "Vengeance For A Fallen Lord" means "Committing for one week as many grievous acts of war crime against the people of the faction that has unfortunately killed said general as humanly possible". The dead body count on both my army and Dunnish forces in the last one in-game week had hit a thousand.

The Greyheyvan Conventions weren't in place then yet. So technically there is no war crime there...

Triglav said:
Argeus the Paladin said:

The Greyheyvan Conventions weren't in place then yet. So technically there is no war crime there...

Well, in practice didn't Mhaedros and his bros kinda sorta got the equivalent of an in absentia war criminal tribunal by Thingol for the whole Oath of Feanor business?

Bobthehero said:
I must've killed over 1000 orcs on my own, not even counting all the kills made by my army, and yet mordor's still strong D:

4000 in my last game, before it crashed. Orcs are really weak against arrows.  :lol:

I followed all the instructions in the manual for installation yet the arrow ( pointer arrow, not weapon) does not appear! :cry:
Please Help!!!

HENRILOIK said:
I followed all the instructions in the manual for installation yet the arrow ( pointer arrow, not weapon) does not appear! :cry:
Please Help!!!

Happens to some people. Delete the cursor file in the TLD folder.

Thanks. I was trying to do something like this but this helped anyway.
SO now that I started the game it's super laggy and slow. Any way to make it faster?

Back
Top Bottom