theHunter [Multiplayer release June 3rd]

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsO9D52grWQ#t=3m

Started playing again and they have some holiday challenge thing where you have certain conditions and you get points for each challenge (which can be used to buy items and enter a lottery for a free 1 year membership).

Above is a video I made while recording my hunt for the challenge of killing a black bear within 40m. Hardest one so far but I finally find a black bear.

Still no multiplayer which irks me. Once they add that I will be playing a lot more for sure.

Random voice on that video is me. Kevlar's voice wasn't recording (probably a good thing).

He cornered that stupid bear and ran it down. That's OK though, Kevlar was mauled and killed by a moose shortly after he made this video. :lol:

That should teach him not to go sprinting through the woods.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Kevlar said:
I record and play on high on all settings except shadows with low AA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nKSharp101

My comp specs are :

I7 930 @ 4 ghz (HT on)
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 7-7-7-12 (I think)
ATI 5830

LOL @ my old computer :sad:

Edit : Tomorrow all their memberships will be 20% off with this coupon : VALENTINES2013

Edit2 : Just got my first kill with my new muzzleloader, albeit due to rage since I am trying to get heart shots (for some valentine day mission) but missed and keep hitting to high of my target so I took it out on this last doe I found :

mpc-hc2013-02-1412-22-51-21_zpsdcaa6755.png

mpc-hc2013-02-1412-22-57-81_zpsd7a7a049.png

mpc-hc2013-02-1412-23-16-58_zps6ab33203.png

Even though my bow is my highest used weapon, ok.

http://nksharp.thehunter.com/site/character/thehunter/

I just got a decent kill my first time out with the recurve bow.

aeZt2Ff.jpg

Fortunately it was a clean shot.

3POEMMq.png

Nice rack.

g7wheyf.jpg

Also had to put my first deer down today.  :sad:

tXEuWAw.jpg

Such a damn shame there are so many people trying so hard to win competitions. I'm sitting at 3rd in a coyote competition right now, and out of curiosity decided to check out the guys in first and second. One of them has a blank profile page, and the other just has a massive wall of gold trophies. Both are kind of suspicious, so I check out their hunt histories. These guys have a dozen hunts a day or more, averaging 20-30 minutes in length, and they always spawn at tents (which are moveable starting locations for hunts). Apparently this is becoming quite the issue, and is called "spawn mashing" by the game's community. Basically, they place their tents at hotspots for certain animals, spawn in, check the immediate vicinity, and if nothing is around they restart their hunt. The Devs have even stated that they're going to try to implement a fix for it. In the meantime, I get to watch as I lose this coyote competition to exploiters.

Fun. :neutral:

I wouldn't mind limiting the number of people who are able to join a competition (say 100 or so) as well as a limit on the number of competitions that one can join at the same time. Obviously, they'd have to sponsor a lot more competitions for that to work out, so they probably don't want to do that since they'd have to give away more prizes.  :neutral:

Also, I've decided to exclusively use the recurve bow. Went out this weekend (God, that sounds pathetic  :neutral:) and got three mule deer (two bucks), two pheasants (both male), two hogs (1 male, 1 female) and my first coyote (female). If I was a better shot, I would have been able to take 1 more mule deer and 1 more coyote too, but I flubbed it up and shot too low.

I remember arguing with someone who thought that you shouldn't play hunting games, you should instead go hunting. I don't like hunting anymore, but I enjoy hunting games, I love the skill and stealth (not real stealth, game stealth) needed to be good at this game.

thick1988 said:
This game actually looks pretty fun. Especially now that I hear there's a competitive aspect to it.  :!:

Just prepare to lose a lot since it mostly comes down to luck and a lot of people are just spawning in at a tent (which you can place multiples of and drop into the map on it, whereas new players only have 2 spawn locations).

I've yet to win one but I rarely actually try to anymore. Orion won a third place on his first try though  :roll:

Havoc said:
I remember arguing with someone who thought that you shouldn't play hunting games, you should instead go hunting. I don't like hunting anymore, but I enjoy hunting games, I love the skill and stealth (not real stealth, game stealth) needed to be good at this game.

Cost difference as well as waiting around for hours doesn't appeal to me.

Moose! said:
Also, I've decided to exclusively use the recurve bow. Went out this weekend (God, that sounds pathetic  :neutral:) and got three mule deer (two bucks), two pheasants (both male), two hogs (1 male, 1 female) and my first coyote (female). If I was a better shot, I would have been able to take 1 more mule deer and 1 more coyote too, but I flubbed it up and shot too low.

I've been trying the crossbow out a bit more lately as well as the other new bow since it is pretty quiet.

Third place on my first try over 2 years ago, yeah. When spawn mashing wasn't an issue. In the coyote competition I'm in right now I've dropped to 7th place, and I took the liberty of checking all of the players ahead of me. Only one person hasn't been spawn mashing in the competition, and he's 6th place. If all of these spawn mashers were removed from the competition, I'd be in second.

Back
Top Bottom