The Wolfpack servers thread

Users who are viewing this thread

NimS_ said:
I think you overreact about the new update.
With the new update, archer are not victim at all. Athletic stat don't change anything in melee fight. But now, in many cases, they should accept a fight when before they run away from it. It's not unbalanced. And maybe you should play more than 2days to make a real opinion about this new updates.

Well the patch was announced several months ago, a beta version was published already and the current patch is available since over a week now. So we tested the patch for more than 2 days and we are beyond the question if this could work and provide a better balance to the game!

Just to make sure you understand what I have said: We tested it extensively for more than 2 days and our testing showed that these archer stat settings don't provide a better balance.

NimS_ said:
How many times I get killed by an archer in melee fight because of his skill? Too many ^^

If you get killed by an archer because he's more skilled then you, you don't remove his melee weapon, and lower his speed, you get better, you don't make him worse.

Fozzy1001 said:
If you get killed by an archer because he's more skilled then you, you don't remove his melee weapon, and lower his speed, you get better, you don't make him worse.

you misunderstand, i'm not telling that because of my skill, i want other classes get nerf. Im just saying that is not so unbalanced like you said with the new stats.

NimS_ said:
Fozzy1001 said:

you misunderstand, i'm not telling that because of my skill, i want other classes get nerf. Im just saying that is not so unbalanced like you said with the new stats.
It's change to worse anyway. And it's annoying to people who like to play archer.

NimS_ said:
With the new update, archer are not victim at all. Athletic stat don't change anything in melee fight......
........ And I must admit that sometimes, I like to make a ranged session, even with less athletic stat. I'm good with it.
NimS_ said:
Since the patch was released I saw you almost every day playing on Wolfpack_Siege. If you didn't test it on other servers as well you won't be able to notice any difference xD. All Wolfpack servers (and ZHG as well) still use the normal balanced archer athletics of version 1.153.

OliESC said:
Since the patch was released I saw you almost every day playing on Wolfpack_Siege. If you didn't test it on other servers as well you won't be able to notice any difference xD. All Wolfpack servers (and ZHG as well) still use the normal balanced archer athletics of version 1.153.

Xberg!! I feel totaly betrayed! ajaj

well, I will stop this discuss in this thread, all vs me, not fair :wink: I will get revenge in your server (with cheated archer class:lol:

All our servers are now patched up and ready to roll. We`re still using the old ranger statistics on our servers so if you`re a fan of...moving about,check it out xD Heh rhymed.... :cool:

So! A new update!

We`ve made some changes to the rotation of the Lone Wolves server (DM) which should take effect tomorrow morning. Basically it will now be running mainly Arena type maps,which is what we belive most Deathmatch players want. But the normal Arena map gets boring right? So we added a few more. Here you can see the new rotation,including the new maps. Click the Spoiler to see a picture of the map.

The Arena :
4r1q.png

Adorno Arena Dhirim :
hocw.png
Adorno Arena Rivacheg :
3tba.png

Adorno Arena Shariz :
4jb5.png

Port Assault :
82ac.png

Adorno Arena Jelkala :
vcob.png
Adorno Arena Tulga :
bf90.png

Adorno Arena  Suno :
sb0b.png

Adorno Arena  Baraiye :
chwh.png

Sargoth :
uue9.png

Ice Tower :
0y68.png

Adorno Arena Veluca :
7z4l.png

Adorno Arena Khudan :
yh56.png

Adorno Arena Narra :
8wx6.png

Adorno Arena Tihr :
f0dh.png

Thank you Adorno for making these maps and allowing us to host them,its much appriciated xD
If anyone knows of other maps that would benefit our servers,please let us know. If you are unsatisfied with a map,also let us know.

Not sure about Ice Tower, when I tested it the ice sprs were a bit weird. Also the whole map looks a strange. ^^
Think the others are a good idea, fitting better for small player amounts.

Happy holidays to everyone from the Wolfpack clan! We`re here to bring some map updates and post a tiny little naughty list at the end for santa to take care of xD

Changes to the servers : All map related this time.

- Fixed spawnpoints on Shariz village. Will now spawn closer to the gates and ladders to prevent unceescary cardio workouts.

-Latin Quarters
0j2y.jpg
cmut.jpg
Available on Wolfpack_Den

-Stonehenge
4mho.jpg
Now with 100 % accuracy! (massive image)
Stone_Plan.jpg
Available on Wolfpack_Lone_Wolves
Both maps created by Chatnoir  :wink:

Now,the naughty list. We recently found an ID with over 8000 aliases used. Seems its been shared around quite abit... the ID is 404373
Run a check on your servers and see xD Can give a complete list of aliases on a PM, the list is as you might imagine, pretty damn big....

Suggestion for your siege server:
  • raise the lifes of the defenders
  • make the respawn periods shorter
Think those two are the things that make people join other siege servers. Even I sometimes lose all my lifes as defender and have to wait the rest of the time or switch to the attackers.
It would also benefit the gameplay if you had someone would make some smaller/simple castles, which could be running when the server is not much populated. Think that could also be scripted, but as you got admins on 24/7 anyways you dont even have to.

The settings on the siege server are great. However, they are made for a well filled server.

When the server is only filled at around 20 to 30 people, the large maps, limited lifes and rather long timelimit are a drawback. As a result the defenders are sure to lose on most maps unless they are much better than the attackers (i.e. every defender defeating 3 or 4 attackers per life on average). People get frustrated and leave before the server can fill up more. That is especially problematic since the factions itself are unbalanced. So after a game of Sarranid defenders vs Nord attackers the server becomes mostly empty.

It was no problem when there weren't too many alternative servers and people went to wolfpack siege anyway.
However, these days its easier to just go to some other server than to wait until wolfpack fills to about 60+ people when the server settings work out way better.

Maybe it is worth a try to limit defender lifes globally. For example defenders have 300 lifes maximum (60x5) and people can have an amount of lifes relative to the number of players on the server. That way nobody will get bored at low server population and it would still be possible to take the castle at high population.

Or maybe somewhat change the gamemode. The team that attacks second gets the amount of time that the first attackers used up to storm the castle or the maximum timelimit if the first attackers didn't finish. Whoever finishes faster, if at all, wins. If both don't win it can be a draw or another match of the same.
That way there would be no more 3 rounds of attackers taking turns in most likely taking the castle and ending every game in 2:1.

Most likely both ideas are not possible for Warband servers anyway, otherwise somebody would have done these already. :roll:

Yep, you both had good ideas!

It's true, the server settings and maps aren't perfect for a low amount of players. We already thought about improving the settings in some way that every player can play till the counter reaches 0:00 or the flag goes down. But there are a few problems:

Wolfpack maps are rather bigger, the spawn points are in safe areas usually very close to the flag to prevent defenders from losing a life by spawning into a group of attackers and to make it possible to defend the last room (like on helms deep).
Thus the 'waiting+walking time' of the attackers often exceeds the 'waiting+walking time' of the defenders. The defenders still have a time advantage when they defend the flag but an attacker rather won't have to fight the same defender twice before the flag is down. The attackers also have to wait 15 seconds before they can attack the near ladder or gatehouse again (where are no spawnpoints for the defenders).
In the beginning the defenders have a general advantage behind the walls with their full team strength including a full amount of archers. They need to thin out slowly. In a normal round with balanced teams the first defender is running out of lives after 5-6 minutes (if he gets always killed after 30 seconds...) but the majority of defenders lose their last life in the second half of the round especially during the last 1-4 minutes depending on the success of the attacking team ofc. 
If the defenders got more lives it would be almost like giving unlimited and even a losing defending team could defend the last room with the flag much too easy, especially if there are 60+ players. The same problem would appear if we set a global amount of lives for the defenders. Beside the new kind of suicide-teamkillers imagine a round with a successful defending team that can keep up its full strength during the whole round.
Would look like this:
zpx7.jpg
To let the settings of the second round depend on the results of the first round wouldn't work since the first round has always been different. Many players need to load the map first, need to choose a faction, some even wait a minute before they finally decide which class they want to play while others spawn in time. The walls are taken very early and the doors are weaker than usual since their strength is influenced by the amount of players at round start.

Ofc these settings aren't perfect for a lower amount of players. Another rotation with smaller maps and/or different spawn points would be needed and the amount of lives and even the spawn time could be changed and adapted to the maps and to different amounts of players. We'd need a way to change server settings and the map rotation automatically without having to restart the server. And the sad thing is we already had made the first big step just two days before the last patch kicked in. WSE was outdated and lots of our work was destroyed. Most server features don't work anymore and projects like "changing server settings without restart" got 'successfully' suspended.

WolfpackWilderness_TW_small.png

Wolfpack_Wilderness
50 slots Native Battle Server

Features:
Eight rounds played on each map
Auto team swap and gold reset after 4 rounds
Round time of 5 minutes
Master of the field forced flag spawn 2 minutes before round ends

Starting on Friday 21st February

Come and join us!

Back
Top Bottom