The RUSSIA thread

Users who are viewing this thread

According to Durov himself, he was approached by FSB officials in December 2013 and they demanded of him to shut down all opposition groups (including the one ran by Navalny) and provide them with full access to the accounts of Ukrainians, suspected of being Maydan activists. He says he responded with a firm "No" on both issues but lived under increasing pressure ever since. Which eventually led him to standing down. He changed his mind at the last moment, but they were like "Nah, you're out".
So it's safe to assume FSB now has open access to all private information stored on VK servers. Time to move on, I guess.

Trevty said:
Just stop posting about anything ever that isn't your own personal life, Rebel.
I can share my opinion all i want.
Not like what i just said was controversial.

Who are you to censor me?
Can i censor you too?
There ton of stuff you say that piss me off to no end, yet i do not tell you or censor you.
Free speech its called.
And nothing i said right now broke the forum rules.

Also, thanks for assuming i know nothing.
There obviously some subjects i lack perfect knowledge but i do know things that even you oh and mighty Trevty might not know.

You know that free speech means that it's perfectly acceptable for you to be pissed off or verbally and physically disagree (thus a type of censorship) at other people's statements you know?

The free speech act as it is coined is universally designed to ensure that opinions, no matter how fringe or radical, may be expressed without the danger of censorship by government bodies or any public administrations (Thus avoiding tyranny). This however, does not shield a speaker from public outrage, in that a man openly suggesting that he would kill and eat a baby would probably be bashed up by the general public in some vigilante act, but the key is that the government bodies cannot disallow him from expressing his desire of killing and eating babies verbally, and can only arrest him after said physical act of killing and eating babies is attempted or done. This however, does not protect him from angry, concerned parents who can potentially kill him. Said parents will then face due process of the system for their murder of said baby endangering man. The private sectors are akin to said parents. Anything you say or do in the private sector can be acted upon without following the format of a government body (see TW's idea of free speech for example), but the catch is that they answer to the government if they break any laws within the system.

See why I said that private sector censorship is acceptable as long as they do not break any governmental laws (IE breaking your legs to prevent you from spreading the gospel for example). It is expected that private entities solve their differences (resulting with censorship or not) without resorting to methods that break the public law. Otherwise they have to answer to the public admins (IE government, justice system etc).

There is no public laws stating you cannot heckle someone's opinion, but there are laws saying you cannot stalk, harass, sexually harass, assault, sexually assault or kill him. The motive (disagreeing with said opinion) is not relevant and not a valid reasoning in any public court.

Rebelknight said:
Prob is, hes not disagreeing with me, hes asking me to stop posting.
That's censorship.

Hes free to tell me why he disagree with me.
Said parents do not need to tell baby killing man why they disagree with him. They can effectively censor him as long as it doesn't break public law. Same logic. Same reason why bullying cannot be dealt with unless it's a clear case of harassment, assault or sexual assault. In a potentially fallacious leap of logic, you can say that the baby eating man is being bullied by parents for having a different opinion about babies.

Rebelknight said:
Prob is, hes not disagreeing with me, hes asking me to stop posting.
That's censorship.

Hes free to tell me why he disagree with me.

Censorship would be preventing you from posting.

Suggesting that you stop posting uneducated opinions is not.

Tremble, mortals! For Russia has created a Governmental Search service - http://gossearch.ru/

Your Googal won't stand a chance in compatitiveness with this monster.

Warning! Before typing anything there you'll have to register using your real name. Aaaand
Specifying incorrect data qualifies as giving false information (Article 19.7.2 of the CAO)*.

*CAO stands for Criminal Codex of Russian Federation.

So yeah, if you'll type a fake name - you might go to jail. And that's not a joke.

RgxRe.png

Former chancellor Schröder and Putin have been good friends for years now.
Schröder's 70th birthday was recently and he went on a quick trip to St. Petersburg and had a nice little evening with Putin.

Cue media trying to make it a scandal and accuse Schröder (who has no political offices at all) of "ridiculing" German foreign policy.
**** this :roll:
What a man does as a private man is of no bloody business to anyone else. That's also bloody true for former chancellors.

You mean the pipeline that goes directly to Germany through the ocean? You can make an argument that it's a better option than having to rely on various other states not complicating things, saee Ukraine as the perfect example.
I am not defending his politics, but what he does as a private person is not a political issue and trying to force it into one is retarded as ****. But well within the Zeitgeist, I admit.

Well he's [Putin] the new Hitler/Devil/Satan whose every action will now automatically invoke Godwin's law and all who associate with him shall burn in the fires of mediocre accusation & conspiracy allegation.

I don't understand this whole "freezing assets" ****. I keep reading about how certain Hitler/Satans are going to have their assets frozen as punishment for misbehavior but that doesn't seem like legal or acceptable behavior without declaring war.

It just looks like you're trying to punish someone by stealing his bicycle or something.

Of course I have never liked the regular, plain old sanctions either which only punish the poorest people in the offending country who have the least to do with whatever their government is doing.

Either mind your own business or declare a full scale war, those are the only options I would consider as The President of Earth and The U.S.

Back
Top Bottom