The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, never seen anything like that before in this game, nicely done.

Well no not really. Its pretty obvious that they can when they enter a scene. All it looks like is that the bots loop through all the scene prop types for the "blue circles" and find the nearest one. Then they move to the position and upon being within a small radius or standing on the scene prop via a trigger the agent is scripted to sit down until commanded otherwise. At least thats what it looks like to me.

Anyway great work, Seeing some interesting ideas coming out here :smile:. Good luck!

Looking really good so far, but my one complaint is that the gas masks cut off waaay to low on the forehead. It should cut off at the hairline, and not expose the entire forehead, like so:
845239_stock-photo-man-with-gas-mask.jpg

Wolfstar said:
Well no not really. Its pretty obvious that they can when they enter a scene. All it looks like is that the bots loop through all the scene prop types for the "blue circles" and find the nearest one. Then they move to the position and upon being within a small radius or standing on the scene prop via a trigger the agent is scripted to sit down until commanded otherwise. At least thats what it looks like to me.

Still, I haven't seen something like that before and it seems to work quite well. I'm curious how the player commands work with this. Are they always going to always look for blue spots or is there a "Take Cover" command. It would also be pretty awesome if there is a cover hopping command where they find blue spots, stay and shoot for a while, then find the next closest blue spot in the direction of the enemy.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
well their were different types of gas masks, not just one.
Find one that cuts off right above the eyes, and doesn't cover the forehead. Even if you do, it's most likely extremely uncommon.

@Rigadoon
It works as follows
- You choose infantry, archers or cavalry (as you normally would in native)
- then press a certain key (ill probably set it to C or something)
- and any troops of the type you selected above will run to cover (as long as it is near), and once they are there they crouch behind it and fire at enemys

Although I also plan to make it so that upon spawn/battle start, troops will immediately look for cover, unless commanded otherwise.

@Lumos, I thought I got away with it  :wink: I used a picture of vas as an overlay layer on one of the face textures. I am honestly surprised anyone noticed it though, must be the scar.

La Grandmaster: how did the White Supremacy dudes get WWII german weapons?  :mrgreen: and isn't the rifle/carbine (Kar89k) used by the dude Lumos eyed out a little underscaled?

The cover system is awesome for a modern mod. Do you think you could make them jump obstacles or crawl also?

Keep up the good work and I hope you find my critique useful. It's all I can do as I don't have time right now even for my own mod  :cry:

La Grandmaster said:
@Lumos, I thought I got away with it  :wink: I used a picture of vas as an overlay layer on one of the face textures. I am honestly surprised anyone noticed it though, must be the scar.
"It was the expression, man. You know, the expression of a person... A person who has seen INSANITY."
If you can imagine the above being said with Vaas's voice, you're a worthy Far Cry 3 player. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom