The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree,Tman,please Lynores,i told you...i'll provide help for MP and i also provided a help with a scene making with my buddy.
Take all my money,we need MP on this! :grin:

Yes we do. I can live with native maps. Basicly the factions and units already have their models. To be honest I never play SP so this mod in MP would be great. :razz:

I´ve tried 4 times to download this mod, all of them failed. Took me 4 hours for each download, and then at 50-70% it fails and aborts.

I dont have a bad internet connection or anything, but the dl is just not good for me. I also only lets me download 25kbs and thats slow.
Please add me download links, like megaupload or moddb.

Commander Shepard said:
Kendoman said:
I'm having a hard time finding anybody to fight.  More bandits please; barbarians, pirates, theives, mercenary gangs out for loot.
I think the playabilty would improve if you increased the map speed.  Great start!

Cheers,
I agree.

Also, any chance for some helmets with hair hanging out the back?

More celtic clothing with more war paint designs?

Edit: Also, how about more authentic women dresses? This is an area thats constantly ignored in mods. Those ugly blue green dresses need to go!  :mrgreen:
greek-woman-with-chiton-t13320.jpg
Ya it kind of sucks marying some ugly person in a blue medieval dress haha, and it would be more accurate.

Lynores I really hope you read my suggestion so here it goes:

What do you think of implementing Freelancer in Peloponnesian War? Some major mods have already made it and it is proven to be really amusing to players.

Freelancer mod thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,232.0.html

Q.    IS there a stable version of Freelancer?

A.      Plain answer is unfortunately No, but! we are constantly working on updating the code to make it more stable

thats from the FAQ on freelancer board.

personaly i would like to see it in but once there is a stable version/more stable version

That would be an epic addition to the singleplayer gameplay of Peloponnesian war. If Freelancer was implemented.

I've checked the authors thread and it seems very fun and promising. It will definitely be added once its stable enough. It seems they have not released the new version source, once that happens I will check it and exchange pms with them.

Your arena is very well done, wondering what you plan to do with the fighting though? Maybe instead of just another tournament fight, try and get something original. I have no ideas currently but I'll post if I do.

Maybe culture specific tournament types depending on the region or faction?

Maybe as a 1v1 for Greek cultured tournaments, a fist fight? :smile: to represent the wrestling in their culture.

Aurelien said:
Hello folks.

I have a suggestion about the celtic sword, the weapon reach value is way too low :

Capturedcran2011-09-24131236.png

Compared to how the blade model looks like :

Capturedcran2011-09-24132029.png

Can you put the weapon reach value at 70/75 please ?  :grin:

Also it's a great mod, thanks a lot mate.

Just as a note for you Lynores, if you measure the blade with the brf ruler I've found it gives you a perfectly accurate number for the blade length ingame. I calculated this when I measured vanilla swords with the ruler and found their dimensions (from the focal point of the grip to the tip) matched the ingame values pretty much perfectly. The values you want to add or use as a baseline with necessary tweaks are below.

Sword_celt_1 (Aurelien's link) is 78-80"

sword_celt_2 is 100-102

Epriote sword is 56

Akinakes is 63-65

Sword_hoplite 1 is 60
Hoplite 2 is 60

hoplite iron is 60

Kopis is 64

Laconian is 45
Laconian iron is 45

Machiara is 65-66

Molossian is 50

Mycenaean is 76

Parazoonian is 62-63

Great rhompax is about 180

Thracian greatsword is 85-86

Thracian rhompana is 120

Sica is 75

==========================

Persian spear is 178

Paltron is 118-120

Lykian spear is 195

Kingi is 150-152

Kamax is 231-232

Grosphos is 104

Dory is 178

spear_dorudrepanon is 215

Sahran said:
Aurelien said:
Hello folks.

I have a suggestion about the celtic sword, the weapon reach value is way too low :

Capturedcran2011-09-24131236.png

Compared to how the blade model looks like :

Capturedcran2011-09-24132029.png

Can you put the weapon reach value at 70/75 please ?  :grin:

Also it's a great mod, thanks a lot mate.

Just as a note for you Lynores, if you measure the blade with the brf ruler I've found it gives you a perfectly accurate number for the blade length ingame. I calculated this when I measured vanilla swords with the ruler and found their dimensions (from the focal point of the grip to the tip) matched the ingame values pretty much perfectly. The values you want to add or use as a baseline with necessary tweaks are below.

Sword_celt_1 (Aurelien's link) is 78-80"

sword_celt_2 is 100-102

Epriote sword is 56

Akinakes is 63-65

Sword_hoplite 1 is 60
Hoplite 2 is 60

hoplite iron is 60

Kopis is 64

Laconian is 45
Laconian iron is 45

Machiara is 65-66

Molossian is 50

Mycenaean is 76

Parazoonian is 62-63

Great rhompax is about 180

Thracian greatsword is 85-86

Thracian rhompana is 120

Sica is 75

==========================

Persian spear is 178

Paltron is 118-120

Lykian spear is 195

Kingi is 150-152

Kamax is 231-232

Grosphos is 104

Dory is 178

spear_dorudrepanon is 215

Thanks a lot :grin:

Just a few follow up suggestions:

1) Celts could use a few more variations for their cuirass (right now just one with the red skirt, which'll risk cloneyness).

2) I'm a sucker for variety in the ranks of an army. The Iberians could maybe use a version of their white tunic with the etruscan armor disc. That'd let them have three types of armored options - 'heavy' scale, 'medium' disc with leather vest, and 'light' disc with just disc.

Yay quick fix. Nice work boss. :grin:

Sounds good. I'll get more in depth with the trees soon, still need to look for those transliterated terms though.

Would be nice feature for later to add command voices to battles, maybe we will get permission from the EB team.

Or even soundtracks in that case.

This is not necessarily a suggestion to change the game, but I was wondering if anyone could reupload the module at another source. Anytime I download from M&B Repository it takes about 5 hours, and when I try to install, i'm still missing some of the files. I believe some other people were having problems as well, as stated on the Repository page. Anyway, it would be much appreciated as I really favor this part of history.

ReapDa said:
This is not necessarily a suggestion to change the game, but I was wondering if anyone could reupload the module at another source. Anytime I download from M&B Repository it takes about 5 hours, and when I try to install, i'm still missing some of the files. I believe some other people were having problems as well, as stated on the Repository page. Anyway, it would be much appreciated as I really favor this part of history.

There is a sticky topic on The Peloponnesian War board called "Optional Downloads", here you go you can't miss it :
Capturedcran2011-09-25161457.png

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196220.0.html

Aurelien said:
ReapDa said:

There is a sticky topic on The Peloponnesian War board called "Optional Downloads", here you go you can't miss it :
Capturedcran2011-09-25161457.png

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196220.0.html

No Aurelien, that is not referring to optional sources for downloading the modification. An optional download is in this case speaking of packages of altering certain effects of the already downloaded module, wherever you got it from. There exists no at this official resource to dealing with the problem of slow and corrupted downloads.

see THIS:
Lynores said:
I am currently attempting an upload to megaupload. Do not download the mod off unknown sources, some people have been attaching viruses to the exe and altering files.

EDIT:

Janko is uploading it, he'll post here as soon as possible.

as a reply to
thomaser said:
I cant download the mod it takes 10 h to download. :sad: :sad:
The Transfer rate is 15 KB/Sec but I have high speed internet .
THAT, for other ways of downloading the whole mod itself that is not through M&B Repositry.

Have patience! Soon.

Back
Top Bottom